Sign in to follow this  
Blechreiz

createVehicle + attach to = explosion

s1 = "ParachuteMediumWest" createVehicle (position heli1); s1 setpos [(getpos heli1 select 0),(getpos heli1 select 1), (getpos heli1 select 2)]; muni1 attachTo [s1,[0,0,0]]; ResistanceBase sideChat "BLABLA NOT TEH SECRET IN TEH BIFORUMZ";

- The chopper is heli1

- The boat is muni1

- Parachute is s1

In my mission you activate a trigger synched to another (look above). After activating it a chopper comes and drops of a boat that is attached to a parachute.

My problem: The parachute spawns, the boat and parachute are connected but the chopper blows up. They spawn to close to him. That crash even kills the boat... How may I let it drop maybe 5meters under or behind the chopper?

---

Edit:

changing muni1 attachTo [s1,[0,0,0] only changes the position where the boat hangs on that parachute. Its the wrong place to start with it!

Anyone any idea? Im very happy with any kind of help or suggestion!!!!

=)

:dancehead:

Edited by Blechreiz

Try this:

s1 setpos [(getpos heli1 select 0),(getpos heli1 select 1), (getpos heli1 select 2) - 5];

hi blechreiz

muni1 attachTo [heli1,[0,0,-8]] > with this the boat dont touch the chopper. after "detach" order u give a little time. may be to 1 or 2 seconds.

~1

then create the parasuit and attch to the boat. if u try tell if it works or not.

could be that we musst attach the boat to the parasuit

but... what is about this: do you really need a parasuit? i think it will looks much better when the chopper comes in 10 meter height and drop boat without para... just an idea.

edit:

muni1 attachTo [heli1,[0,-4,-5]]

(UH1Y)

boat hangs under chopper .when he arrives your position, you just need

detach muni1

in a trigger activation (a/b ~ 50 meter). trigger musst be only for the chopper (F2-groups)

Edited by davincy81

Try this:

s1 setpos [(getpos heli1 select 0),(getpos heli1 select 1), (getpos heli1 select 2) - 5];

That was exactly what I needed!

but... what is about this: do you really need a parasuit? i think it will looks much better when the chopper comes in 10 meter height and drop boat without para... just an idea.

Hell I really need it. Let the chopper fly in 10 meter height makes him crash into trees. A workaround with waypoints is not possible because Im working on the end of the map :)

muni1 attachTo [heli1,[0,-4,-5]]

(UH1Y)

boat hangs under chopper .when he arrives your position, you just need

detach muni1

Nice idea. I will use it in my next mission! Thanks a lot! =)

Yeah the trigger works. But I set the choppers groupleader as the trigger person. This way works in any case as I read in a german tutorial.

For you nice help ill add two screenshots:

screen1gg.th.jpg screen2cq.th.jpg

----------

Example mission for this topic:

DOWNLOAD

Scroll Down, Press Free. Enter the Code shown as Image.

----------

When my ACE2 coop is complete ill try to host it on armaholic.com (Its an atmospheric 12 player survival coop).

----------------------------------------

Edit: Is there any way to make a normal soldier to a medic? The is no speznaz or MVD medic avaible!

Answer is here. Changing the used units!

Edited by Blechreiz

trees in the water ? :)

ok i thought you just need a rescue boat for downed pilot in the water or something.

anyway, very nice screenshots!