Sign in to follow this  
Stupideye

Error when trying to patch to 1.04/1.05

I have Arma 2 version 1.01 and when I try to patch it to 1.04 or 1.05 I get an error:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.
ArmA 2: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.04...
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Some error occurred during patch installation.
Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.
Error in file ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.BI.BISIGN, phase 1.

I get this when I try to apply either of the patches. If someone could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

That error usually means that arma didn't install correctly in the first place.

Try uninstalling then copy the contents of your arma 2 DVD to your hard drive and insall from there

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Edit: That seemed to work. Thanks a bunch man!

Edited by Stupideye

I have the DVD version of the game and am unable to Patch ArmA. I am not over clocking. I have verified and reverified my installation and have downloaded the patch from numerous locations, all give the same error. I had te game patched before and due to technical issues we had with 1.07 I reinstalled and patched back to 1.05. I am now trying to go back to 1.07 and have not been able to. I have reinstalled the game several times and attempted to patch. I noticed that when I got the error that the patcher replaced the air2.pbo.bi.bisign with air2.pbo.bi.bisign.tmp. I would delete the file and replace both air2.pbo and air2.pbo.bi.bisign with the files from the disk and still have the same issue. Anyone have any clue how to solve this??