Sign in to follow this  
Mysteryman5150

Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills Mod

Hi Mysterman,

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!

I'm also using Zeus AI Combat Skills (great mod) but personally think that sometimes the AI is able to spot ghillie suits (ghillie suits are not claoking devices but very effective if you stay put) a bit to good. Now with your mod I have a chance to fine tune things a bit easier.

Maybe would be a good idea to post our personal values in this thread for discussion and maybe someday agree on "realistic values" for different units?

BTW, anyone knows what values Zeus AI Combat Skills mod use as base for different units?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

KeyCat- Thank you for the compliment:).

In Zeus they have defined a fair amount of the units, especially the non Special Forces units. That is why I just remove the Zeus Spotting PBO from the addon folder and then my addon sets all the values for the defined variables.

What I have personally done with setting my values for all my mods is Give the Military units, both SF and base military on both sides, a bump in armor to mimic wearing combat armor. I lowered the aiDispersonCoef on all the weapons used by the insurgent and guerilla factions to make it appear that the trained military has better firing dicipline and skills. I also increased aiDispersionCoef for vehicle mounted machine guns so the ai on both sides could not drive 70 KPH and shoot deadly accurate.

Finally, as far as stealth and recognition, I gave the SF on both sides a bump to represent them having more extensive training and also to help them carry out more stealthy missions, i.e. Seal Team Six, I love those campaigns;). I also lowered some of the skills of the insurgents and geurillas, once again to try and create that feel of training variations between formally trained military and malitia type units. I did also give snipers and their teams a bump in audible and camoto allow them to move about a little more inconspicuously. I agree with you that while wearing a ghillie suit, as long as they stay low they stay low and move slow, they should be able to move fairly undetected. Especially at a distance and when the enemy is not using binoculars or a weapon with a scope.

These are some of the tweaks I have made and have found, IMO, the game is a bit more realistic and immersive. Lots of bullets flying from insurgents but not all deadly accurate;). I acctually get a bit of that feel I got when I watched the movie Black Hawk Down, and from what I have heard they did a pretty good job on that movie depicting some of the realities of battle.

Sorry this was so long. I just wanted to put out there my settings, which also basically defines my reasoning for the addons. I am glad others are enjoying them as well:D.

Hey Mysteryman, is there any chance you could upload an edited version so we noobs or people who don't have much time to game and fiddling could just put it in and play? Your settings would be fine... I'm just after something which is a bit more realistic and fun. It's annoying playing against super soldiers who see you and hear you from miles away.

If you have already done this and I have missed the link then my appologies as I am in a bit of a rush.

Thanks again :D

Don't be lazy, config it yourself using the userconfig settings he gave us. It works fine

Hi Mysteryman,

Hows it going, are you still working on the addons?. I have just discovered the Infantry stealth and recognition mod and was wandering if you still might be interested in some feedback?. I was thinking about doing a set of methodical tests. At the moment i am approaching a spetsnaz marksman with NV from the front and rear with a Bluefor sniper (Camo 0.1, loudness .03) at a range of about 50m. from behind he can hear me walking at around 8m. When prone, i can crawl right up to him. When lying still on the floor with the sniper, the spetsnaz with NV can walk right past me at a range of 3m and not see me...unless i move.

If your still interested i was thinking about running some more tests based on just these units to see the results for various different situations and settings, including Night and day testing, different surfaces, sensitivity and hearing setting, camo and loudness. Is their any way i can make accurate distance measurements in arma2?

I was also wandering if you where going to make an operation arrowhead version? I have made a sneaking mission using the base in zargabad but i can't get close enough to the base to break in because of the sensitivity of the marksman in the watch towers. Even if i could the loudness and hearing of units is to much to perform a proper sneaking mission in close quarters.

Any chance to get this mod properly updated for CO and maybe for the most popular AI mods?(ASR_AI,TPWCAS,TPWLOS)

Please, resend download links or files. armaholic is down