Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

- Global database for automatically download global bans from Battleye.

Would be nice for new server admins to have that options to enable/download a global ban list :)

Not going to happen at this point due to possibility of manipulation (yes, that's possible with PunkBuster as well). As I said in the past though, the community could always create their own global ban system similar to PunksBusted or PBBans using BE RCon (ban streaming).

- Banned by IP, opportunity to add IP's, Singel IP and IP range to ban/kick

IP bans already exist, just not range bans.

Edited by $able

Not going to happen at this point due to possibility of manipulation (yes, that's possible with PunkBuster as well). As I said in the past though, the community could always create their own global ban system similar to PunksBusted or PBBans using BE RCon (ban streaming).

IP bans already exist, just not range bans.

Thanks $able ;)

- IP range would be nice to ban

- Chat window, opportunity to send messages to your server, global and private

- Bandwidth Monitoring on each player (Traffic In/Out)

Are you talking about the time when the ban was added?

Yes.

Also what the other guy said, logging all chat would be great.

Yes.

Also what the other guy said, logging all chat would be great.

thats already 3rd Party solved but not published yet.

here a video what it does to.

Edited by Kochleffel

Great update! Thx a lot for all the work, this makes live a little easier for server admins.

To add to the date and timestamp feature request i would like to know if its possible to add a PID in the recon tool. Now if someone reports there banned from the server i have a hard time searching for there account without it. And as far as i know players have no option to view there personal GUID.

Great update! Thx a lot for all the work, this makes live a little easier for server admins.

To add to the date and timestamp feature request i would like to know if its possible to add a PID in the recon tool. Now if someone reports there banned from the server i have a hard time searching for there account without it. And as far as i know players have no option to view there personal GUID.

BE has no access to the PID right now, but the player name will be added to the ban list in the future.

And yes, a player can view his own BE GUID by entering "#beclient guid" while playing on a BE-enabled server.

Is there any chance that BE can start working directly from server connect rather than waiting till the player is "in game".

I was trying to GUID ban somebody yesterday that was sitting in the lobby (dirty script kiddie), but I couldn't because battlEye thinks he's not in the server yet (as it only registers after he loads the map).

it has anoyed me a little as well.

but you could always use addBan [GUID]. if you know his guid on prehand. this way he will be autokicked when he joins the mission.

he cant do much harm sitting in the lobby except taking up a slot.

but it would be nice to see be work in lobby as well.

it has anoyed me a little as well.

but you could always use addBan [GUID]. if you know his guid on prehand. this way he will be autokicked when he joins the mission.

he cant do much harm sitting in the lobby except taking up a slot.

but it would be nice to see be work in lobby as well.

It would be nice because it would eliminate the need for player ID bans at all. (Some people will come back in and spam chat or call a bunch of votes to kick someone or make themselves admin, after they're GUID banned.)

Hey all umm with the rcon console I seem to be having an issue..ever since I restarted our server last night the player list tab shows nothing at all you can't see players that are on the server..and under the info tab the info of the server is no longer listed or anything..your help would be very much appreciated

It seems to be showing player info in the little box under the refresh button

Edited by RParker
left out some info.

I think there are some troubles atm, cuz i cant see the serverinfo/players in yomas any more. So this i bet has nothing to do with rcon or yomas rather than a gamespy problem.

Our BE updated and has this issue too:

BattlEye RCon v0.91 beta

Copyright © 2010 by BattlEye Innovations

Check for updates on www.battleye.com

What do you want to do?

Start new session (N), Get help (H), Exit (E)

n

Enter the IP address or hostname of the game server to connect to:

x

Enter the game server's port:

Enter the RCon password:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Logged in successfully

RCon admin #2 (x:63625) logged in

players

missions

Missions on server:

x.Takistan.pbo

Player #16 falcondue-ita (x:2304) - GUID: 3a75c4414df02e989454173d31a2e515

players

maxping

Player #14 Alexey (x:2304) - GUID: ec27d3aee3563f5674845bfb419827c0

Player #22 Kolchin (x:2304) - GUID: 7989ff9f5388ab584ba8c5e31154a643

Player #30 Webb (x:2304) - GUID: 3382ed6c92923fea5c1eceb2177a3c22

bans

players

Obvious information x'd out for their privacy.

I have nudged this to Dwarden on IRC.

the tool will need to be updated to support packet challenges in query

Edited by Dwarden

the tool will need to be updated to support packet challenges in query

This is unrelated to GameSpy, there were some changes in the BE RCon protocol. I will update the RCon tool shortly.

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

Is there any chance that BE can start working directly from server connect rather than waiting till the player is "in game".

I was trying to GUID ban somebody yesterday that was sitting in the lobby (dirty script kiddie), but I couldn't because battlEye thinks he's not in the server yet (as it only registers after he loads the map).

I will talk to BIS regarding this as it would require integration changes. There were problems in the past, which is why it was never implemented like that in the first place.

This is unrelated to GameSpy, there were some changes in the BE RCon

protocol. I will update the RCon tool shortly.

if there where changes to the rcon protocole. when will you release info about the changes??

Hmmmm my servers don't seem to be able to be queried anymore, but they are definetly up.

Hmmmm my servers don't seem to be able to be queried anymore, but they are definetly up.

Are you talking about RCon?

Does the new protocol fix the ban list not being returned if its a bigger list?

Yes.

Are you talking about RCon?

No, I'm talking about querying the server.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.150.121.240:2310/

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.150.121.240:2302/

I turned them off for a couple of days, turned them back on and they updated to latest BattlEye... now they report "dead" on gametracker when they are actually online and connectable ingame.

EDIT:

http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2oa/BEServer.dll

Still reports v1.118 in my server's console, but the ArmA2 version reports 1.120

Edited by GossamerSolid

No, I'm talking about querying the server.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.150.121.240:2310/

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.150.121.240:2302/

I turned them off for a couple of days, turned them back on and they updated to latest BattlEye... now they report "dead" on gametracker when they are actually online and connectable ingame.

Ok, wrong thread then. ;)

They are reported as "dead" because GameTracker cannot handle the different GameSpy query protocol enabled by BIS yesterday. This issue was discussed here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120552&page=8.

Thx

The bans command with large banlist still does not work and disconnects bercon.