Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Hello:

I need help. I´m using ARMA RCON to server admin, but suege a doubt

when I use the command LOADSCRIPTS where I have to save the script.txt ***to charge what?

Thanks

Ive been trying to get this to work for ages could someone make a video tutorial, I read the tutorial in the forums but did not come in much help,I use Tophe's dedicated server tool. thanks

Yeah, I also cannot connect via this tool. Always "could not connect" message. Tried with localhost, 127.0.0.1 and my internet IP. Ran out of ideas. Is there a tutorial on how to set up this thing? I got the .exe in my server's BE working directory, BEserver.cfg in every needed place.

This "could not connect" seems to be a new global error. I've used Rcon GUI for months on multiple servers but since the update that was released on the 15th of AUG, Rcon seems to have been broken. It's not a server side issue. It's an Rcon issue. All your files are in the right place, the tool is just broken until the developers fix it.

This "could not connect" seems to be a new global error. I've used Rcon GUI for months on multiple servers but since the update that was released on the 15th of AUG, Rcon seems to have been broken. It's not a server side issue. It's an Rcon issue. All your files are in the right place, the tool is just broken until the developers fix it.

and how the others here can manage the servers if the tool is broken...........only our tool is broken????

edit: i try any version and i get could not connect . the files that need is in the right place .........

$able can we get a command line utility for BE RCON? ex: bercon -ip=127.0.0.1 -p=2302 -pw=tehsecretss123 "say -1 Hi players!"

Hey guys,

version 1.8.6 BETA is out! And this one is a big update featuring a new GUI and other useful stuff.

Features at a glance:

- Better network code to avoid connection issues

- Custom commands

- Auto-Reconnect

- Display IP bans

- loadEvents

- Banlist sorting

- IP location finder

- Improved GUI

- Copy selected line of the log control

- Enable grid style of the list controls

- Command to clear the log

- Display Score/Deaths player information (Thanks to ArMaTeC for his help)

arma2rcon.jpg

Information on how to use some of the new "hidden" features will be posted on the twitter and facebook page (see the RCon tool for links).

And now...enjoy! :)

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/files

Edited by Soner

In the new version, after the nag screen, the RCON stops responding. I found a fix though - delete the db file in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ArmA 2 RCon

I guess it's some incompatibility with older files.

a vast improvement Sonar, no problems at this moment.

Well done keep up the good work :)

Hey Soner, great program you got there. I noticed on the Issues section of your ArmA 2 RCon GUI Projects page that you have "Extended Chat Features." What does that entail? I have a hosted server so can't get BEC (Battleye Extended Controls) on our server and trying to find a way to get scheduled messages to show up automatically when server is restarting to warn players. Is there a possibility that you could add something like that? Haven't been able to find any other way to do it besides BEC or typing them in manually with your ArmA 2 RCon.

Soner, we just love your ArmA 2 RCon GUI 1.8 and are learning how to use it. I have a question.... Where is the log stored on the server and what is it called?

I also seem to be one of the many that cant connect Ive tried using External ip , internal ip & 127.0.0.1 with default 2302 port can not connect using any of these what am i getting wrong here

I use the Steam version of the game (so Arma II & Aram II OA are in different places) is that causing this issue ?. :confused:

Can some one help all that seem to be getting this issue if i get told how to fix it i will make a YouTube video teaching others the errors of our ways :dd: .

T.I.A

jim

Thanks from Arma-Tushino SG community!

AutoReconnect option is very useful. Nice idea with colour separated windows, reading became much more easy.

a vast improvement Sonar, no problems at this moment.

Well done keep up the good work

Thanks, mate! Cheers!

Hey Soner, great program you got there. I noticed on the Issues section of your ArmA 2 RCon GUI Projects page that you have "Extended Chat Features." What does that entail? I have a hosted server so can't get BEC (Battleye Extended Controls) on our server and trying to find a way to get scheduled messages to show up automatically when server is restarting to warn players. Is there a possibility that you could add something like that? Haven't been able to find any other way to do it besides BEC or typing them in manually with your ArmA 2 RCon.

Just wait for the update. :D

Basically the BE log and the chat messages will be separated. I am also going to integrate the ingame chat colours. I think it will be great! As to your request I have to say that I planned to add extended log features, too. So stay tuned mate!

Soner, we just love your ArmA 2 RCon GUI 1.8 and are learning how to use it. I have a question.... Where is the log stored on the server and what is it called?

It is stored in your local AppData folder.

Can some one help all that seem to be getting this issue if i get told how to fix it i will make a YouTube video teaching others the errors of our ways.

I am going to help you. Just mail me.

Thanks from Arma-Tushino SG community!

Thanks, guys! Do not forget to thank armatec as well as he has been a great help to me (bug fixing, stability issues und GS 3 implementation).

I have a Linux server box runnning Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS. I decided to run Windows 2012 Server Edition via KVM until linux binaries are stable. I am having trouble setting up Rcon can someone please help me?

Edited by dcthehole

Im Running a Dedicated server using the TA2DST can i get the Arma 2 Rcon or BECron working with it and how do i set it up im a noob to this

Edited by FragUK

I've been having some problems with BE lately on our server:

22:43:42 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...

22:43:42 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.168)

This message get repeated every 30 seconds i think

What usually worked was replacing the file manually after downloading from battleye.com. I did just this but after a restart of the server nothing changed. I've also made sure i replaced the right file (replaced them all) due to the 'old' file being locked by the running server and replaced it while the server was shut down. Maybe i'm missing something or should also replace the client file to make it work?

Hi there, I was just wondering, is it possible to do an IP Range Ban on an ArmA 2 Server? Or do I have to type out all the IPs separately into the bans.txt? Any help is greatly appreciated, I have been googling for days now, and no website has my answer, so I have decided to ask here. We have a hacker who keeps changing his IP within a range cos it's dynamic, so for us to slow him down a bit more, we wish to just do a full IP range ban. We know the possible consequences of what this may incur for other players, but we're ready to deal with that. Thanks in Advance!

Pricey

I've been having some problems with BE lately on our server:

22:43:42 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...

22:43:42 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.168)

This message get repeated every 30 seconds i think

What usually worked was replacing the file manually after downloading from battleye.com. I did just this but after a restart of the server nothing changed. I've also made sure i replaced the right file (replaced them all) due to the 'old' file being locked by the running server and replaced it while the server was shut down. Maybe i'm missing something or should also replace the client file to make it work?

are you sure that the battleye exe have admin rights to run? if i understand right , if you put the file manualy, you are ok, and if the battleye updates the file you have problems.

maybe this is the problem.

We are running a hosted server with full FTP and TCAmin access. But no matter what I do I cant connect is there a way to get help with this please.

ArmA 2 OA launching without BattlEye issue is still a big problem.

-When I used the old arma2oa.exe i got this error that would restart the game automatically every time it was already running:

arma163steam_zps9b2c7a81.jpg

Starting BattlEye Service...

Updating BattlEye Service...

Launching game...

IMPORTANT: Please launch the game via Steam or command line "ArmA2OA_BE.exe 0 0 [parameters]" from now on.

To solve it simply change the path to: ArmA2OA_BE.exe as shown above! << what i wrote here actually doesnt work, with normal OA.exe each time the app willl restart itself and with the oa_be.exe it wont launch at all?... could it be that the guy who made this oa_be.exe forgot to add the possibility to add parameters making an altered shortcut target not function anymore. any fix for the monstrosity called steam would be nice to the fans who have supported you over the year prior to acctually releasing it it to others to suffer just the same fate (unles you forgot to test this at all?).

similar problem: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179843-ArmA-2-OA-launching-without-BattlEye-issue

Edit: ow, i dont even get an answer to a topic from 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM, great support & appreciation for all the help i gave you over the years $able......

Edited by larsiano

ArmA 2 OA launching without BattlEye issue is still a big problem.

-When I used the old arma2oa.exe i got this error that would restart the game automatically every time it was already running:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/bg-xtra/arma163steam_zps9b2c7a81.jpg

To solve it simply change the path to: ArmA2OA_BE.exe as shown above! << what i wrote here actually doesnt work, with normal OA.exe each time the app willl restart itself and with the oa_be.exe it wont launch at all?... could it be that the guy who made this oa_be.exe forgot to add the possibility to add parameters making an altered shortcut target not function anymore. any fix for the monstrosity called steam would be nice to the fans who have supported you over the year prior to acctually releasing it it to others to suffer just the same fate (unles you forgot to test this at all?).

similar problem: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179843-ArmA-2-OA-launching-without-BattlEye-issue

First of all, this is totally the wrong topic to post this in (same as your last post).

Secondly, did you actually change your shortcut as described in this message?

IMPORTANT: Please launch the game via Steam or command line "ArmA2OA_BE.exe 0 0 [parameters]" from now on.

If so please let me know via PM how/when I can check this via TeamViewer.

Edit: ow, i dont even get an answer to a topic from 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM, great support & appreciation for all the help i gave you over the years $able......

Please contact the BE support address next time you need immediate help. I don't read/find every single post in this forum (especially if posted in unrelated threads) nor do I respond to everything.

Hi! How can I get server status (waiting/loading/paying...) now with Steam, without GameSpy protocol? In Steam server query protocol I can't get this information, but ingame servers list it still present.

p.s. Sorry, I can't start new thead.