Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Pfft... "very easy to use". I followed every tutorial here and on Bohemia Wiki on how to set up this RCON tool to a server.... this tool still can't connect to the server.

Here is my BEserver.cfg file:

RConPassword jacob

Very simple :)

Here is where it is at on my server:

/64.x.x.x2_port_xxxx/Expansion/BattlEye/BEserver.cfg

Edited by Defiance44

I am currently having several problems using Rcon, which is a great program btw.

My biggest problem is that Rcon keeps crashing after several minutes. Another problem is that Rcon crashes if i send private message to certain people. It also seems i cant kick anyone, i need to use the in-game option for that

Some side info:

Server is running Linux and the mod on the server is Project Reality. My own system is running Win7 64 and i am using Rcon 1.8.3

Hey,

I think I found the bug making the tool crash. But unfortunately I am not able to test it intensely as I do not own any servers and the one i got access to is sometimes empty.

It would really help to get access to a popular server with much traffic.

Sorry for the inconvenience but without the right testing environment I am not able to avoid those problems.

Our server is now only used from 18.00/24.00u CET so its not real bizzy also. But if non of the DayZ admins will help you just send me a PM or leave a message on our website!

hej

i want to run the tool on the windows server together with my OA Server, but the problem is the host adress. localhost, 127.0.0.1, my own server ip. what would be the correct setting to run it

thanks allot if anyone can help me

have you setup a BEServer.cfg file in the BE working folder ( C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\BattlEye)like the manual said? with RConPassword xxx in it?

yes i setup a BEServer.cfg file (i uses my profiles folder). it is also marked as active when the server is runing. i can connect from any PC at home, but i cant connect directly at the server when i start the tool there. i also seems the server is crashing when i use it there / or try it to often, but could be a mission crash (we tried allot at this moment)

Hey,

i'm using rcon and it works as it should.

But i would like to be able to run commands from a file, i.e. make it executable.

The login from a .bat file works, but how can i automatically execute commands after the login?

Is there a source of the rcon? Or any libs working with rcon?

Thanks,

stice

yes i setup a BEServer.cfg file (i uses my profiles folder). it is also marked as active when the server is runing. i can connect from any PC at home, but i cant connect directly at the server when i start the tool there. i also seems the server is crashing when i use it there / or try it to often, but could be a mission crash (we tried allot at this moment)

So connecting to 127.0.0.1 doesn't work?

Hey,

i'm using rcon and it works as it should.

But i would like to be able to run commands from a file, i.e. make it executable.

The login from a .bat file works, but how can i automatically execute commands after the login?

Is there a source of the rcon? Or any libs working with rcon?

Thanks,

stice

That's not possible right now, but something like this might be added in the future.

He might wanna try bec

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

BEC doesnt work, i always get the "for security reasons you should move the bec folder out of the OA folder" message.

Even if i moved it to c:/bec.

stice then you didnt use the latest version 1.44, that issue is gone now.

as armatech said. you can use bec, but you have to use the scheudler system, altho you will not be able to send the wannted command on connections. minimum 1 min delay with it,

okay, thank you.

I will try the new version :)

no, 127.0.0.1 doesnt work :-/

no, 127.0.0.1 doesnt work :-/

are you using the gui or console app ?

$able has nothing to do with the gui app. thats soners work.

the console app works fine with 127.0.0.1.

last time i tried the gui app. it had no suuport for using 127.0.0.1, maybe it still dont

Hey guys,

version 1.8.4 featuring many improvements is out! I replaced the whole network lib using a more reliable and stable one now. Also some internal core changes have been applied (the whole network interaction is running in a separate thread now). Due to these changes the tool should be more stable from now on. I also added some nice features like displaying the server info in the titlebar as well as in the new status bar.

Download: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/files

hmmm dont work for me and i dont know its my server but it says "could not connect"

Hello people,

we are using the latest battleye on a Linux (debian 6.0) server.

I'am using the new "ArmA 2 RCon GUI 1.8.5 BETA II".

Problem is, that i can't see the Score, Death and Team (kills?)

There is only a "?" for every player.

Is it because of Linux, or did i setup anything wrong?

(...)

I confirm this, curently running a test server and can't connect from the pc running the ARMA OA server (but can connect from a virtual machine hosted on it :) )

Trying to get it set up on my server running Windows Server 2008.

Contents of beserver.cfg (Located in C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye):

RConPassword test

Using TA2DST to launch the server, I check the box to initialize BattlEye, everything goes smoothly:

17:28:29 Dedicated host created.

17:28:31 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.151)

17:28:31 Host identity created.

However, when I try either the BERcon.exe or the RCON GUI Tool, I get the same error:

Could not connect! (case of GUI) and Could not connect to server (in case of BERcon.exe)

I'm using BERcon.exe/RCON GUI on my personal computer, trying to connect to the game server. People can connect to the server and play on it, but admins cannot administrate by RCON

same as above.......coult not connect...i m using ta2dst 1.4 also... any help?

Edit: i try everything and still cant connect...

i found 3 possible places that maybe may put the beserver.cfg.

i found 2 in arma2 install folder,one is on root folder called battleye (this folder i cant remember if i put it there (comfirm someone that the folder exists from the initial install by default)), second is in expansion folder.

the third is on appdata folder.

i try all the places , with BEServer.cfg and beserver.cfg. confirm someone for sure what is the right cfg name (with capitals or not? )

the only command in the cfg is "RConPassword test" without quotes ofcourse.....

nothing.

i try over lan without firewalls..........still cant connect.

i m running the battleye option from TADST . the battleye working on my server and initialized , i can connect on my server lan or wan and im playing , all good.

when the beserver application opens ,read the cfg without a specific command like "-beserver.cfg"?

Edited by dragonsyr

Hello people,

we are using the latest battleye on a Linux (debian 6.0) server.

I'am using the new "ArmA 2 RCon GUI 1.8.5 BETA II".

Is it because of Linux, or did i setup anything wrong?

Same here :confused:

Hey guys,

the new version (1.8.5 RC) is out! It is now up to 10 times faster than the old version (refreshing, loading ban list etc.). See https://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/roadmap for detailed update information. Have fun!

(All who have donated can be sure that they will get the version without the popup window)

This feature was disabled due to some problems with the new protocol ArmA 2 is using.

Looking good sofar, thanks for the update!

BTW maybe this is already possible: Im looking for a text or chat rollback / word wrap function to make all the text display even with a smaller application window. I have no idea if this is possible allready?

Edited by larsiano

Version 1.8.5 Final is out!

The annoying crash bug has been fixed once for all.

Download: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/files

BTW maybe this is already possible: Im looking for a text or chat rollback / word wrap function to make all the text display even with a smaller application window. I have no idea if this is possible allready?

No, that's not possible.