Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Sable, it would be nice to have the ability to send messages to players via BErcon, i understand it's not a very simple request to implement, but it's a nice to have feature :)

I think the BE server/client version got updated to (v1.127) and now some people get kicked by BE : mssg: You Were kicked off the game. BattlEye Unknown Game Version. This seems to happen to users all with CO 1.6 with or without a beta patch loaded.

YouWerekickedoffthegameBattlEyeUnknownGameVersion.jpg

Edit:

-Manual update of OA BE client DL from BE.com = no sollution

Edited by larsiano

I am having the same problem but with the 1.148 client BE update and server build 1.129. I have joined with 1.147 and the server said updating to 1.148 and it said complete and i still get kicked for Unkown Game Version and im on the latest build.

I think the BE server/client version got updated to (v1.127) and now some people get kicked by BE : mssg: You Were kicked off the game. BattlEye Unknown Game Version. This seems to happen to users all with CO 1.6 with or without a beta patch loaded.

YouWerekickedoffthegameBattlEyeUnknownGameVersion.jpg

Edit:

-Manual update of OA BE client DL from BE.com = no sollution

Which exact game build are you using?

Edited by $able

I am having the same problem but with the 1.148 client BE update and server build 1.129. I have joined with 1.147 and the server said updating to 1.148 and it said complete and i still get kicked for Unkown Game Version and im on the latest build.

Wrong thread.

Anyway, please read this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2083999&postcount=254.

please update game to latest version , final version of 1.60...

You are most likely using some Release Candidate 1.60 which are unsupported

Hey guys,

I am back and working on the next RCon GUI version right now. The known kick/ban issue is going to be fixed and I am also about to implement the new chat interface (see https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29116 ).

Any ideas on how to realize this new feature for the GUI?

Nice to hear that i hope the missing information problem will also be solved so that we can fully enjoy the tool once again. For the chat function maybe you could use a seperate tab (like players, bans and info tab) just displaying all the ingame chat and admin chat (in different colors)?

The new beta version (1.8.2) released!

I fixed the annoying kick/ban bug and added a simple ingame chat feature (only global for now, private chat is planned for the final version).

The list of donators will be added to the final version.

Thanks for testing!

Download: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/files

Nice to hear that i hope the missing information problem will also be solved so that we can fully enjoy the tool once again.

See https://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/news .

At the moment I have no time to deal with the new protocol..:(

The chat function seems to work just fine thx allot for the update. Next is testing the kick/ban function but there are no bad players at the moment :) Maybe it’s possible to make that RCon window resizable? And if you sort the players on ping/ms the list will pop back to its original form within 5/10 seconds maybe this function isn’t really doing what it should.

love the new update cant wait for direct messages to single players

So do you guys think that it's ok how i implemented the global chat feature? No need for an additional tab?

It works fine as it is but I think a separate tab would do the trick better or a changeable size of the app so that both fields can be made big enough at the same time. btw is there a way to change the player list updating? This seems to be only 10secs now and maybe this can be increased to a higher number a little to 30 / 60 secs? Or with an update button on the menu tab that would be even more awesome!

Yes, you can change the update time by editing the settings.ini file.

[General]

AutoRefreshEnable = 1

AutoRefreshTime = 10

very nice, seems to work perfectly. And the window is now resizable too, great feature! Would it be possible to save the 'last known' window size in the .cfg on exit? :rolleyes:

Today I finished version 1.8.3 FINAL.

The tool is now capable of storing the GUI data in the settings.ini (Not only the window size..). Finally I also added the list of donators (see Info-> About).

Have fun!

Works like a charm! Maybe its an idea to get Sickboy or Kyu to help out with the new protocol they seem to know a lot about it already. Thx for the support!

btw Soner. connecting to 127.0.0.1 still dosent work.

Edited by nuxil

Oh yeah,

I forgot to fix this. Sorry.

Any other suggestions or requests for the next version?

Dont know if possible already or if it has been discussed but.: Is there a way to directly login to the server by changing a shortcut link? And maybe it would be nice if it would show somewhere what server you are connected to right now (for multi-server monitor) and with what other admins you are doing this (maybe even with direct admin > admin chat?).

>Is there a way to directly login to the server by changing a shortcut link?

You mean via command line parameter?

Sounds good! But unfortunately I am not able to query whether other admins are also present (limited by BE).

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Hey guys,

I have just tested the RCon tool on Windows 8 Consumer Preview and ...well....it works! :D

arma2rconwin8.jpg

is it possible to get back the score and stuff its ?? since the gamespy update and looks weired.

-block direct chat when player is on lobby

- block chat if all player´s are in lobby.

-block direct chat when player is on lobby

- block chat if all player´s are in lobby.

Waste of time if you ask me.. this will be working in next arma patch afik. so removing something that will need to be reimplemented againt isnt best solution imo.

just dont send msg to players in lobby as they cant see them anyway. ;p

Is there a way to use Rcon on Linux even via shell? I couldn't find anything on the forum.

btw, thanks so much for the gui Soner!