Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Any idea Why Norton wont let me use it ? keeps removing before it installs.....

same here :confused:

Now tried to download the v1.2, cannot find. Even scrolled down. No files found, not even in the tools downloads.

Edited by Clowns2
addition to post

[Deleted]

Edited by Soner

Kochleffel, I had an idea, could you add a checkbox on the "Connect" window that would "Auto-connect at Startup". So instantly it opens and connects. I think that would be a cool feature since most connect to the same server over and over. It would save even more time when have to connect fast to catch/ban someone.

EDIT:

Something like this:

Their would be no need for a "Quick Connect" in the "Server" menu because you can do it from the "Connect" window. Just some ideas. ;) Edit2:Forgot you can do that anyways by double-clicking. I dunno it seems the Quick Connect is a bit redundant don't you think? If you put the drop-down box like it is in the main window, that should be enough since already in the "Connect" window it's not much different from "Quick Connect"...did that make sense?? :D

was very busy with moving DAO.nu Infrastructure.

if u all want,

u can use our Tracking System

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Kochleffel

Please do not quote images. Also please do not report posts with wrong/outdated download links but contact the guy who posted the link directly, thanks.

It was also tested on Windows 7 [32 bit], Windows Vista [64 bit] and Windows XP [32 bit].

I get an exception every time I close it (running XP Pro [64 bit]).

I get an exception every time I close it (running XP Pro [64 bit]).

Same here with XP Pro SP3 (32bit), it was already the case with initial release.

Edited by Lonestar

Thanks guys. I will have a look on that.

There is an official project page available now:

http://bt.dao.nu/redmine/projects/rcon

Please use the tracking system to report any bugs. Also do not hestitate to propose features for the future releases.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. I will have a look on that.

There is an official project page available now:

http://bt.dao.nu/redmine/projects/rcon

Please use the tracking system to report any bugs. Also do not hestitate to propose features for the future releases.

Thanks.

Nit-pick: Why set up your own project system when we all use dev-heaven? Sickboy is happy to provide you space on there. http://dev-heaven.net/projects I have a little place on there for my noBlur that he granted me, as do a ton of other folks. It is also where the main ArmA2 bug tracker resides.

I only mention this because it's redmine too, they are the same! :D And the source control systems are in place should it be chosen to go open source too. (SVN or GIT) :)

Thanks for your efforts on the RCon Tool.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

The packer may be the authors attempt to obfuscate the source code. (dunno why.. maybe because it's .Net based) But more likely it is a false detection.

Packers are normally not inherently bad themselves. They are sometimes used to lessen the size of the resulting EXE binary, or obfuscate the innards. (usually used in a pay-app rather than a free one)

In any case a tool like this is optimally open source, since it involves the security of our servers. (so the code can be audited, etc)

Does anyone want to assist in making a c# version, anyone familiar with windows sockets and a bit of threading? I can help, but in order to make it a robust and error free app, someone with experience designing a simple network tool like this would be a plus.

Edited by oktane
argh, quoted myself, added dev link

Nit-pick: Why set up your own project system when we all use dev-heaven? Sickboy is happy to provide you space on there. http://dev-heaven.net/projects I have a little place on there for my noBlur that he granted me, as do a ton of other folks. It is also where the main ArmA2 bug tracker resides.

I only mention this because it's redmine too, they are the same! :D And the source control systems are in place should it be chosen to go open source too. (SVN or GIT) :)

Thanks for your efforts on the RCon Tool.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

The packer may be the authors attempt to obfuscate the source code. (dunno why.. maybe because it's .Net based) But more likely it is a false detection.

Packers are normally not inherently bad themselves. They are sometimes used to lessen the size of the resulting EXE binary, or obfuscate the innards. (usually used in a pay-app rather than a free one)

In any case a tool like this is optimally open source, since it involves the security of our servers. (so the code can be audited, etc)

Does anyone want to assist in making a c# version, anyone familiar with windows sockets and a bit of threading? I can help, but in order to make it a robust and error free app, someone with experience designing a simple network tool like this would be a plus.

Projekt moved on Dev Heaven!

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon

I keep getting cant connect. For both of the rcons.

Solved via PM. He used a "-profiles=" path but didn't put the BEServer.cfg into the BattlEye folder there.

Its not launching for me at all with Windows 7 64 bit, when I double click the .exe it launches the process but shows nothing. when I check task manager its running as a process. I had older versions work fine, just not this one. Running as admin or in compatibility mode didn't work either.

I had the exact same problem, however running it with win98 compatibility mode like someone suggested works :confused: Is this okay ? Thanks for the tool!

edit: Seems to crash alot (freezes)... no idea if this is caused by running it in win98 compatibility mode or not.

Edited by nocturna

You can easily set up such a system yourself using BE's new RCon to log cheat violations and enforce "global" bans. :)

Hi $able

This does not negate the need for BE to have a simple log file, it would help tremendously with auditing and having at a glance log of what went on.

All it needs to do is make a log file similar to the arma rpt, which lists all events that are normally seen in the rcon console while logged in, it can be stored in the BEpath directory. Writing a separate application that has to run 24x7 logged into the server, just to keep track of a log, is a bit kludgy don't you think? It's only needed on the server side really, and it would just log BE events, nothing complex.

Timestampped, with Player joins, admin logons, admin actions taken, disconnects, etc.

The issue with the server_console.txt and RPT from arma is that in a lot of cases the information is irrelevant, or spread between the two files and you have to match up things, or that the file isn't even written out when the server crashes. A BE-only log would be much more applicable and useful.

Perhaps you can have a variable in BEServer.cfg that specifies the max file size before erasing old data, but that isn't a big deal.

Cheers and thanks for BE

I keep getting cant connect. For both of the rcons.

Solved via PM. He used a "-profiles=" path but didn't put the BEServer.cfg into the BattlEye folder there.

Hey Sable,tried this morning to set up the BE-Rcon too but had no luck getting it to work ... i guess i m failing @ the path too

All you have to do to enable it is creating a BEServer.cfg file in your BattlEye working directory (in the application data / profiles / BEpath folder, not the install folder) with a line containing "RConPassword [password]" (without [] of course) and (re-)start your ArmA 2 server.

Reading it i guess you r talking about the client/profile-path (AppData/Local/Arma2 OA/BattlEye)?

Or is this related to the server path (serverNAME/Expansion/BattlEye)?

This supports OA too or?

Sorry for being a n00b but i tried different ways to make it work but never had any luck getting it to work ...

Appreciate any feedback - cheers

Hey Sable,tried this morning to set up the BE-Rcon too but had no luck getting it to work ... i guess i m failing @ the path too

What is the server's command line?

uuuuhm this?

arma2oaserver.exe -server -config=server.cfg -port=xxxxxx -dplay

Can somebody do manual, which will be to describe how to make fine options? Cause, after reading first post, I can't connect to server...

uuuuhm this?

arma2oaserver.exe -server -config=server.cfg -port=xxxxxx -dplay

It's the application data directory for you (the one you already mentioned).

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Can somebody do manual, which will be to describe how to make fine options? Cause, after reading first post, I can't connect to server...

Shouldn't be too hard. The main thing is this:

All you have to do to enable it is creating a BEServer.cfg file in your BattlEye working directory (in the application data / profiles / BEpath folder, not the install folder) with a line containing "RConPassword [password]" (without [] of course) and (re-)start your ArmA 2 server.

The BE folder you have to use is either in your application data, profiles or BEpath directory, whichever you are specifying. If you don't use the profiles or BEpath option in the command line, then the standard application data one is used (i.e. "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Arma2 OA\BattlEye").

Anyone know if it is possible to get #monitor via RCON to remotely watch the server bandwidth and FPS statistics?

Anyone know if it is possible to get #monitor via RCON to remotely watch the server bandwidth and FPS statistics?

Not possible with the current BE integration.

Not possible with the current BE integration.

Would be fantastic as a feature and allow us server admins to just keep an rcon session active and report our FPS and Bandwidth allowing us to further refine out configurations.

Would be fantastic as a feature and allow us server admins to just keep an rcon session active and report our FPS and Bandwidth allowing us to further refine out configurations.

BattlEye is an anti-cheat system - why would you want them to work on (Useless) bandwidth monitors instead of, you know, anti-cheat?

BI needs to put out a working server tool - or at least give us the mechanics to write our own - working (and secure!) rcon, etc.

Edited by packtloss