Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Not sure what the issue is but here goes:

Using control panel by s3ns3

version 0.4.0.1

Issue: RCON is using upwards of 50% of my processor (core 2 duo E6850) causing a great deal of system lag.

Specs: Vista 32bit

E6850 Core2 Duo

I've tried running as admin and just double clicking. No difference.

If you have a resolution for me I would much appreciate it. I can't admin our servers effectively like this.

Thank you =)

Is there the source code for the base BattlEYE rcon tool? I want to take it and convert it to a VB app that I can link with a different type of authentication to easily handle admins.

S3ns3 is ATM Very busy with study and he said he will find time this month to remove the known bugs,

but i dont think that he will give out the sourcecode,

u can conntact him: aa2rc.support@gmail.com

Kochleffel.

S3ns3 is ATM Very busy with study and he said he will find time this month to remove the known bugs,

but i dont think that he will give out the sourcecode,

u can conntact him: aa2rc.support@gmail.com

Kochleffel.

No I was wondering if there was source code for the base RCON tool. I don't ask for his hard work as I would never give out that code myself.

No I was wondering if there was source code for the base RCON tool. I don't ask for his hard work as I would never give out that code myself.

I will publish the RCon protocol soon.

Rcon tool is now ready for use. (still beta)

screen.png

Blue-Download-icon.png

Features:

1. kick Players
  2. ban Players ( is coming in next BE version)
  3. restart the Game
  4. reassign roles
  5. shutdown the Server
  6. hostname instead of the IP

more....

commin next release...

I downloaded this tool but all it does is scan for the next update, show you players but no banning, etc? I downloaded the 0.4 RC1 which I think is the latest.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

armarcon.jpg

:D

When is this one being released?

Any updates to the release of SpartaLibRCON? Looks fantastic guys!

Cant believe I missed this little chestnut :eek:

How long we not had any kind of remote admin in BIS series? and I missed its release!

This has turned out to be one of the best weekends for ArmA I can remember....latest beta server not crashing and now I find this!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

LOL, wildgoose where you been hiding to miss this :)

lo all, i cant sett the maxping, i sett it to maxping 100, and use comand update, and i get error "Could not connect to BE Master" what is it and is it the reason for not working of maxping command?

I use linux server.

lo all, i cant sett the maxping, i sett it to maxping 100, and use comand update, and i get error "Could not connect to BE Master" what is it and is it the reason for not working of maxping command?

I use linux server.

BE master server appears to be down at the moment...try again later

Updates on any of these vital admin tools?

Had to use RCon on four d-bags today. Definitely needs a GUI with no overhead on the cpu. One of the GUI's I dl'ed tasks the CPU too much so you can't leave it open while playing otherwise it robs about 8-10fps.

I think perhaps people gave up with their gui's because BE would change and they have to fix it each time? When $able finalizes and has even barebones api docs, then you'll probably see one, even many.

You could use the command line app, it's the only thing supported right now, since it's from $able himself.

Also, the fact that BIS doesn't install battleeye BY DEFAULT really hurts things. There is really no reason for it not to be installed, it isn't like punkbuster or something intrusive. But yet people click no when asked to install it, and they can't join servers. There's very few players to begin with, it seems like an artificial hurdle that doesn't need to be there..

Anyone notice: Battleeye auto updates crashing clients a few weeks ago? Say a person installed the BE that shipped with 1.05 final patch and joined a BE server.. BE auto updates it's installation. For quite a few people it crashed the client to desktop when it got the update, two times until it was up to date. So if a person has old battleeye, it may take them a few crashes to be up to date. :D I am not sure how widespread it is, or if it happens 100%. But I noticed it would say be updated so and so version and then instant crash.

Cheers

New, and Bugfree Rcon tool relaised now,

here a screenshot:

ArmA%202%20Rcon.png

more Information,download and bugreport on our Forum.

DAO.nu

Features:

- Favourites

- Kick (with reason)

- ban with reason and time in day´s

- list bans and remove incl. time to relaise ban

Edited by Kochleffel

Nice tool thx alot.

I have 2 questions - where are the bans stored, cant seem to find them in the normal "ban.txt"?

If a banned player asks to be unbanned, how do i find out who he is if i have 100 banned players in my banlist ? - could their player name on the time of ban not be included in the banlist?

Dorph;1635070']Nice tool thx alot.

I have 2 questions - where are the bans stored' date=' cant seem to find them in the normal "ban.txt"?

If a banned player asks to be unbanned, how do i find out who he is if i have 100 banned players in my banlist ? - could their player name on the time of ban not be included in the banlist?[/quote']

Hi,

the Ban will stored on the server in the ban.txt,

u can add the player´s name in the reason cause BE doenst safe the name to the guid.

If a banned player asks to be unbanned, how do i find out who he is if i have 100 banned players in my banlist ?

As Kochleffel said there is no way to determine the name of the banned people since BattlEye is only sending the GUID, the time and the reason.

But we got another idea how to implement this feature. In the next version it will be available. ;)

Dorph;1635070']Nice tool thx alot.

I have 2 questions - where are the bans stored' date=' cant seem to find them in the normal "ban.txt"?

If a banned player asks to be unbanned, how do i find out who he is if i have 100 banned players in my banlist ? - could their player name on the time of ban not be included in the banlist?[/quote']

They are saved in BE's bans.txt.

Right now the player name is not included, however you could add it as a comment in bans.txt.

Its not launching for me at all with Windows 7 64 bit, when I double click the .exe it launches the process but shows nothing. when I check task manager its running as a process. I had older versions work fine, just not this one. Running as admin or in compatibility mode didn't work either.

I don't think it was compiled NT compatible so you have to r-click and set its Compatibility to "Windows 98" or lower, but it works.

I like that it has a Refresh bar, another thing that would be great is to change the font to gray on users that disconnected while keeping their name in the list for a user determined amount of time. This way is a child pulls a hit-and-run you can still ban them. It takes a while for an admin to get to any sort of interface (even just typing it in-game) and by that time the nooblet is gone. You'd -and I have- have to go to the server log and manually copy/paste the GUID or name in.

New, and Bugfree Rcon tool relaised now,

Features:

- Favourites

- Kick (with reason)

- ban with reason and time in day´s

- list bans and remove incl. time to relaise ban

It doesn't update the list of players properly. I launched the RCON tool, joined the server and it never added my name to the list. So I closed the RCON tool and reconnected to the server and it showed I was there.