Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

armarcon.jpg

:D

woah here, what's with the sudden influx of Rcon tools here?

When are these all going to be released?

Able.. ?

Would there be any chance of choosing what mods are NOT allowed using Rcon...

eg... a server that wishes to allow all mods EXCEPT ACE ? Similar to the Maxping feature.... Modsnotallowed=ACE :) ...

Able.. ?

Would there be any chance of choosing what mods are NOT allowed using Rcon...

eg... a server that wishes to allow all mods EXCEPT ACE ? Similar to the Maxping feature.... Modsnotallowed=ACE :) ...

$able ;)

No, not possible.

woah here, what's with the sudden influx of Rcon tools here?

When are these all going to be released?

My stuff is currently being beta tested on the Legion of Sparta servers. Once all the kinks have been worked out, and once I can implement $able's fine work, I'll be releasing my apps to the public along with the source. There are two versions, a basic RCON tool where you can execute the usual ArmA admin commands, and an extended tool which adds support for SQL, File IO, HTTP/FTP, and whatever else people write plugins for.

You can use all ArmA 2 commands (prefixed with #).

No can't confirm that one. I tried some commands on my own server and found out that #userlist and #ban won't work.:j:

No can't confirm that one. I tried some commands on my own server and found out that #userlist and #ban won't work.:j:

Right now you can't get output from the server, so #userlist won't work. #ban of course takes ArmA 2's player ID, so don't use BE's one.

Anyway, if some commands don't work there is not much I can do about it now, as this is related to integration code (BIS' work). If you are 100% sure that it doesn't work I will forward it to the ArmA 2 devs.

Ok got it. But how do I actually get someone's player ID, if I'm not playing the game?

I mean i need to know a player's ID if I am looking forward to kick / ban somebody.

Is there a way to chat with ppl on the server via RCon?

#ban works fine

as for userlist, use "players" instead.

#ban works fine

as for userlist, use "players" instead.

The player# shown when using "players" BE command is a diffrent from that one you'll get if you type in "#userlist" in the in-game chat.

I don't want to kick or even ban mates ;)

The player# shown when using "players" BE command is a diffrent from that one you'll get if you type in "#userlist" in the in-game chat.

I don't want to kick or even ban mates ;)

then why would you need userlist? If you are looking for IDs, go ingame and use that command or check the logs.

Rcon tool is now ready for use. (still beta)

screen.png

Blue-Download-icon.png

Features:

1. kick Players
  2. ban Players ( is coming in next BE version)
  3. restart the Game
  4. reassign roles
  5. shutdown the Server
  6. hostname instead of the IP

more....

commin next release...

Edited by Kochleffel

[*]hostname instead of the IP

wonderfull, alltho it should be standard in $ables tool

then why would you need userlist? If you are looking for IDs, go ingame and use that command or check the logs.

Just start your game, connect to your server, login as admin type "#userlist" tab back to desktop start BERCon.exe login to the same server and enter "players" into command shell. Now in both cases you'll get a list of players currently playing on that server. Just compare the two player#, the one you will get from ingame, by typing "#userlist" and the other you will get by typing "players" in RCon command shell.

If you don't notice any diffrence, then feel happy about it. But if you see a diffrence, then you might understand what's my problem.

wonderfull, alltho it should be standard in $ables tool

Coming in the next version, as well as saved GUID bans on the BE Server.

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Just start your game, connect to your server, login as admin type "#userlist" tab back to desktop start BERCon.exe login to the same server and enter "players" into command shell. Now in both cases you'll get a list of players currently playing on that server. Just compare the two player#, the one you will get from ingame, by typing "#userlist" and the other you will get by typing "players" in RCon command shell.

If you don't notice any diffrence, then feel happy about it. But if you see a diffrence, then you might understand what's my problem.

Right, BE uses its own player numbering. That won't be a problem soon though, because you will be able to ban players' BE GUIDs (which cannot be easily hacked/changed like ArmA 2's PID) directly via BattlEye, rendering ArmA 2's banning obsolete.

Coming in the next version, as well as saved GUID bans on the BE Server.

You made my day :D

Can we have any further informations on the release date for the next version? :rolleyes:

You made my day :D

Can we have any further informations on the release date for the next version? :rolleyes:

when its ready my friend

okay.. this maybe a little overkill but could there be some sort of central repository for BE GUID bans so that once there is someone doing mass griefing on many servers, we could just load a (or BE get one automatically from somewhere, somehow) a "global" ban so no one has to suffer from a major retard anymore? :)

Edit: I dont mean something brutal and quick, but a system like.. "this guid has been banned on 10 different servers in the last 3 days, first global ban for 1 week, if he continues after ban is lifted, increase time" etc.. i know its a bit poorly explained but you should be able to get the idea...

Edited by Sekra

To build such a database and programm isn´t that difficult, but for free?!

lg s3ns3 :-)

well.. if you look at any mods or addons released since ofp to this day.. and all for free....

Well, to invest time in a tool is one thing, to invest into a global database another :)