Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Cs is planned to be banned in germany by bpjs!

The german bpjs plans to ban Counterstrike because of brutality and the adult theme! That means for all Counterstrike fans, that there will be no more german clans or projects for Counterstrike in future if we can`t prevent this from happening. If a game is banned by the bpjs in Germany it is illegal to use the name of this game in any way in Germany. That means no use in Game magazines, no open purchase, no commercials!!! And so on!!!

Another recently banned game is Unreal Tournament. I fear for the future that this could happen to Operation Flashpoint, too.

Please help us germans and take part on this petition, started by the german game magazine Gamestar, to keep Counterstrike alive in Germany!!! I did it already like over 24000 CS fans, please join us if you understand a little german and can fill out the form.

For free gaming!

Web Petition to keep Counterstrike legal in Germany

That`s not funny!!! mad.gif

Imagine you are 22 and it`s illegal to play UT, CS or Operation Flashpoint!!!

I feel sorry for you sad.gif

What did they do to the game RTCW then. Instead of swastica's, did they have smiley's  tounge.gif

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=300><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://bobedibop.tripod.com/badthings.swf><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://bobedibop.tripod.com/badthings.swf WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=300 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

I will take part in your petition smile.gif

Thanks, Gorgi smile.gif

The english version of RTCW is already banned, the german version is indeed changed, so that you don`t fight nazis. You fight against the Clan of the wolves. All names have been changes and the nazi symbols removed.

Here`s some cheese for you tounge.gif

Why is it that German authorities don't want gamers to kill nazis?

Good!!! Finally somebody banned that shitty game (CS)!!!!

Too bad they banned UT as well

Oh well

Shit happens, I guess u have to go to Austria now to buy games tounge.gif

Signing a petition wont really do much, Only a small Percentage of germans are gamers and this move would be backed by alot of support, Government, Parents of younger audiences and those large groups full of people that think violence in computer games can affect the younger Generation, And the massive censorship problem. Most likely will be banned or sanitized.

I'm sorry but i can't sign your petition smile.gif

Importing games that were set to the index is no fun. And all the german Clans and modders for these banned games have a lot of problems, too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaswell @ April 09 2002,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why is it that German authorities don't want gamers to kill nazis?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know, but is is silly mad.gif

If they feel offended, well...... there is only one answer to that.

I do know that when DOOM II came out, some Dutch authorities where offended as well. That because of the

secret levels in that game which represented the 1st and the

last level of the first episode of Wolfenstein 3D. So you also

had to shoot NAZIS. But they where offended of the

Swastica's and the pictures of Hitler that dominated these

levels. Luckily it never came to a ban.

Yes, I guess Gorgi is right. RTCW might be banned because of the violence (man, I`m all grown up) and the nazi symbols. Not because of the fact that you fight against the nazis.

I wish CS was banned. I can't stand it.

That flash movie was hilarious smile.gif

Hey, I`m no CS messias!!! My all-time-favourite is Operation Flashpoint! But what I fear is that even this game will be banned soon, like all the other 3d shooters in the last time. Here some examples for banned games in Germany: Doom, Doom 2, Quake, Quake 2, Rise of the triad, Duke Nukem 3D, Sin, Shogo, Blood, Unreal Tournament ..., ... and so on, and so on. It`s a terribly long list sad.gif

If the german authorities see that we gamers care for our games, maybe there will be no more such masses of bannings in future. That`s my intention when I say please take part in this online petition.

I will like sign this petition. But can you translate text from petition page ? I can understand only few German words sad.gif and I would like to know exactly what this text says.

Online-Petition gegen die Indizierung von Counterstrike

Da uns zum Thema Counterstrike-Indizierung sehr viele Protestzuschriften erreicht haben, bieten wir Ihnen mit dieser Petition eine Möglichkeit, der Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Schriften (BPJS) Ihren Standpunkt mitzuteilen. Untenstehendes Formular wird bis Ende April verfügbar sein, dann leiten wir die bis dahin gesammelten Namen an die BPJS und das Familienministerium weiter. Bitte nehmen Sie zahlreich teil, und werten Sie diese Petition nicht durch Angabe falscher Wohnorte und Fantasienamen ab.

Bislang haben 24039 Personen  teilgenommen.

Petition an die Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Schriften (BPJS) und das Bundesministerium für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend

Sehr geehrte Frau Bergmann, sehr geehrte Frau Monnsen-Engberding,

ich, der Unterzeichner, wende mich mit dieser Eingabe an Sie, weil ich gehört habe, dass bei der BPJS gegen das PC-Spiel Counterstrike ein Indizierungsantrag läuft. Ich möchte Sie bitten, bei Ihrer Entscheidung auch die Meinung derer zu berücksichtigen, die Sie schützen wollen. Wir spielen Counterstrike teilweise schon seit Jahren, in Clans und ungebunden, daheim und auf LAN-Partys, mit Freunden und Fremden. Viele von uns engagieren sich in der Counterstrike-Community, haben Internetseiten dazu erstellt und Clans gegründet. Für viele von uns ist Counterstrike zu einem wichtigen Freizeitinhalt geworden, über den wir neue Freunde gefunden haben. Ich spiele Counterstrike nicht, weil ich mich an der Gewaltdarstellung ergötzen will, sondern um des sportlichen Vergleichs willen. Meiner Meinung nach bewirkt die bloße Darstellung von Gewalt in diesem Spiel noch keine Jugendgefährdung, es geht auch um den Geist und den Kontext, in dem gespielt wird: ich sehe uns nicht als Killer, sondern als Sportler in einem neuen, elektronischen Medium.

Postleitzahl / Wohnort

mmmmmmmmwwwwwwwahahahahah

they banned shogo confused.gif? LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

this game is a joke , between the manga for little children and the platform game lol

this FPS was really fun and not so violent , why did they ban it confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?

Well, ok confused.gif

But this will take some time, maybe tomorrow, because I have a lot of work to do before I can show my translating skills again wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 09 2002,13:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmmmmmmmwwwwwwwahahahahah

this game is a joke , between the manga for little children and the platform game lol

this FPS was really fun and not so violent , why did they ban it confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I own Shogo. And it`s really brutal. Blood sprays when you hit an enemy, especially when you hit a soldier from inside a mech. The bodies bounce bloodspilling through the level and are ripped into pieces wow.gif

But that`s kinda satiric, I like it tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 09 2002,13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, ok   ???

But this will take some time, maybe tomorrow, because I have a lot of work to do before I can show my translating skills again ;)<span id='postcolor'>

Or try to mail to Gamestar there are people in abroad that are willing to help, but they can not speak and write German. So Gamestar can make English page with petition.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 09 2002,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 09 2002,13:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmmmmmmmwwwwwwwahahahahah

this FPS was really fun and not so violent , why did they ban it confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I own Shogo. And it`s really brutal. Blood sprays when you hit an enemy, especially when you hit a soldier from inside a mech. The bodies bounce bloodspilling through the level and are ripped into pieces  wow.gif

But that`s kinda satiric, I like it  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I like the end of the game, where the main character wants to buy a drink. Ghehehe he doesn't get it, so he fires a rocket against the women behind the bar. biggrin.gif

HILARIOUS

Okay, here`s my translation:

online-petition against the setting on index banning of Counterstrike

Because we recieved a lot of protest mails regarding the thematic of setting Counterstrike to the index, we grant you the possibility to express yourself through this petition to the BPJS it checks games, books and movies, even CDs for adult stuff which belongs not into children`s hands. The following formular will be available until the end of april, and after this date we will send the signings to the BPJS and the german family ministry. Please take part in large numbers and don`t decrease the seriousness of this petition by using false hometowns or names.

Until now xxxxx persons signed.

Petition adressed to the BPJS and the german family ministry sorry this bureaucratic stuff is hard to translate

Dear Mrs. Bergmann, dear Mrs. Monnsen-Engberding,

I, the signer, turn to you with this reply, because I heard, that the BPJS plans to set the PC-game Counterstrike to the index to ban it. I want to ask you, to think of the interests of the people, you intend to protect. Some of us play Counterstrike for years, in Clans or alone, at home or at LAN-parties, with friends or strangers. Many of us are active parts of the Counterstrike-Community, have created internet-pages and founded Clans. For many of us Counterstrike became an important part of our sparetime, over which we found new friends. I don`t play Counterstrike because I enjoy the scenes of violence, I play it because of the possibility to match my skills with my contrahents like I do in sports. In my opinion the level of violence in this game is no threat to youth and children, important is the state of mind and the context in which it is played: I see ourselves not as killer, we are doing sports in a new electronic media.

The stuff followed is your data like name or the place you live in. And you can add your own opinion below. Hope my translation was understandable, because I had no dictionary at hand.