Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Chernarus

Great work! Having loads of fun with this mission, never know what type of insanity I'll find my self in. Nice change of pace any ways and can't wait to see what you add onto it next (my 2 cents, throw it on another island by chance?)

Thanks for the hard work :)

Hi all Flashpoint: Chernarus fans!

I have just released Flashpoint: Chernarus UPDATED version 2.2

Including the new Flashpoint: Utes

please download it from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus v2.2 download page

or

OFPEC thread (download)

or

Armaholic Mirror

Included in the package is a now a bonus mission, Flashpoint: Utes!

This has all the same features but is on Utes Island (Much easier on your sytem if you have an older PC!)

There are also several improvements and fixes...

Thanks to everyone for sending me messages and making suggestions, it really helps with developing this concept further!

all the best

B

Changes this version:

v2.2

- Added: "Flashpoint: Utes" More of the same action, this time on Utes Island, included in same package.

- Added: "Requset Medic" command; medics will try and come to your aid.

- Added: "Save Game" command.

- Changed: Commands dialog redesigned.

- Added: "Distance Travelled" counter in the Statisitics hint.

- Changed: Statisitcs hint tidyed up.

- Changed: "Join Group" function, now only grabs near soldiers, not their group members out of range.

- Changed: "Join Group" function, range increased.

Edited by thomsonb

Thanks for a fresh version thombsonb! Will try it out this evening on Utes. Should be interesting to have it on an more open space type map, see the battles unfolding. Is there a risk that a player might see a squad spawn if you're in a position with a good FOV?

Also, an MP version is still something that would be muy appreciated! Right now I can do some MP with friends by adding a "playable" character in your mission via the editor, but the side/unit selection is random for all players, so coop is still elusive.

Thanks again for the sweet mission.

Hi WeaponsFree

I have done about 2 hours play testing of "Flashpoint: Utes" before this release, so far I have not noticed spawning units. Because of this I have so far kept the same settings as on Chernarus, with spawns happening between 200M and 800M from player.

Please give me some feedback about this, if you see spawning units and it spoils the mission I will increase that minimum distance. (I have seen it only twice on Chernarus, after hundreds of testing attempts)...

The close spawn has been chosen to keep the "Instant Action" feel to the mission, I dont want anyone falling asleep waiting for a battle!

Multiplayer COOP; i have done some work, but lots of bugs keep popping up!

I have just set up my macbook with windows and ArmA2 installed, so now i can do some better multi testing and development with a server running. But sorry its gonna be awhile before I finish it :)

thanks for playing!

Thanks for a great mission thomsonb!!!

Some thoughts...

Random weapon caches, or placed at destination which does not end the mission.

More objectives like SecOp. (Is it possible to add the SOM module?)

Another vote for co-op. Even if secondary players don't have the same abilities at the main player.

Keep up the great work

ED

Awesome mission, even though at times it can be extremely unforgiven, like starting off and being surrounded by enemies :P...

Would love to see it work in MP. Also possible to implement zones? Such as West vs East, bases and that, would make it interesting to know and set a frontline of sorts.

Bro, this is about the best mission ive played so far..

Can you please give us the option to choose our own parameters, i just keep restarting till im in the faction i want... or is that a biggie?

Also could you throw in a secops version! :D

And i like Xydonus's ^^ idea of zones, bases...

Anyway big thanks for this mission

Thanks guys, glad you've been having a blast with this..

Got any feedback about the new Utes version?

@Katipo66:

Dont worry mate, I havnt forgotten making all the parameters choosable :)

I havnt had time to build all the dialogs and find a neat way to open the dialogs before the mission starts.

In the mean time you can easily select the factions by changing 1 line in the init.sqf file if you have unpacked the mission.

In init.sqf, towards the end of the script, there is a line:

theFactions = factions call pickRandom;

insert the following line immediately after that line:

theFactions = [1,1,1,1,1];

The 5 numbers are the 5 factions, USA, CDF, NAPA, Russia, Chadaki in that order; with 1 being "on" and 0 being "off".

so if you want to play CDF vs Chadaki it would be [0,1,0,0,1] for example.

(After that if you want to go back to random factions just put // before the new line to comment it out)

Anyway thats just a temporary way to do it if you are impatient and cant wait for me to implemnt it :D

Cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

:yay:

ahaha i gave you one on pm but heres my first dancing banana on these here forums, this missions worth it.

Feed back on Utes... the island looked heaps different with dynamic weather, i like the random weather especially with the fog toned down, maybe an option to toggle/keep the randomness of weather and time would be cool in upcoming versions.

i mostly go to the airport testing stuff tbh and didnt run around in it that much cos... well its like running around in your backyard when theres whole forests and stuff down the road!?

Feedback in general: Well apart from the ability to choose parameters which can be expected in nxt versions shes pretty much on track, couple of things maybe from the top of my head, option to join friendlies as part of unit and not leader and maybe a secops version

Shot bro :D

Edited by Katipo66
Dancing bananas are lame, its been agreed on

Top class mission sir, thankyou. Any chance to have safe zones (ie friendly held towns) to rearm and patch yourself and your crew up?

Its a good idea guys, its on the list! Not sure whether to have random ammo caches (qucik to implement) or a selection of many fixed locations (more realistic, more work to implement!) also a field hospital or ambulance vehicle mayb...

Also planning an action menu thing where you can patch yourself up with a field dressing if you get injured (as the ArmA2 medics are so retarded compared to good ol' OFP)

I welcome the ideas and feedback- thanks

Would it be possible to adjust the intensity? possibly options to remove air and tanks or reduce their impact?

Greetings everyone

I would like to announce that I have just released an UPDATE: version 2.3

New Feature:

Customizable Game Options

I have had many requests for this feature, so here it is!

It gives the player loads more scope.

Please grab the mission from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus Download page

Please let me know what you think, and any new ideas you have.

Next update will add more features to the game setup menus...

Cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

Awesome!! kinda speechless... this is the sort of setup that should be included in the editor!? Good work again, Where is this going?

Ideas! how far can you take the customization? as someone else pointed out if you could throw secops in the mix or even better if your objectives had some dynamics to it, like destroy, assassination etc with rewards, your own secops version i guess.

Also some one suggested zones, or some type of structure, like sector control?

Loving it bro... thanks for your time and work! :D

Thanks, great mission, I liked very much. It would be great if you could implement @Zipper5's "Apply Field Dressing" script.

hi gulag

I have actually just finished adapting zipper5's fieldDressing script today, expect it in the next update soon!

cheers

B

Cool, every medic I called got killed on the way to fix my busted legs last night, crawled around for nearly an hour before being put out of my misery. It was fun though, keep up the good work. Cheers

I know the medics dont last very long on their own! Maybe the whole of the medics group should be sent to your position to help him stay alive?

The call medic command was an experiment, Its not too great, so I think I will replace it in the next version.

The "field dressing " system is nearly ready, I think i will give the player 3 dressings. Now I just have to iron out some bugs in teamswitch, so every playable unit has the action, and only 1 action added even if you join the unit many times...

Cheers, glad your having fun with this