Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Chernarus

Thanks again thomsonb. I still have to ask for some coop action :P, but otherwise still very much enjoying the spot on battle environments that this mission creates.

Cheers!

Hi

I have released a minor update

Please download latest version 1.13 from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus v1.13 download page

This update fixes a few bugs and issues, changes are as follows:

- Added: Sniper rifle and Machine gun ammo cargo in US vehicles.

- Fixed: Total distance travelled no longer includes respawning distance.

- Changed: Rabbit now faces your killer.

- Changed: Suicide Rabbit now always large bomb.

- Removed: Unused script files and variables.

- Fixed: Max spawn range Default in Chernarus BAF corrected to 700m.

thanks for your interest in my missions everyone who has contributed

B

I've tried this new version and really like the team management screen. Makes things a lot easier :D

I like how we can now have more than 10 people per squad.

I have one suggestion that would be low-priority, how about having US Army and UN troops as options on the setup screen?

Hey I love your gamemode man.

One thing I would like to see is a version of this on the map Fallujah!!! It would play so perfectly on it.

thanks for the mission!

now you are not forced to set up battles for fast fun in the editor no more if you are lazy!

Edited by Coffeecat

thanks for the mission!

now you are not forced to set up battles for fast fun in the editor no more if you are lazy!

You're welcome mate, I liked your Mountain Warriors mission thanks :)

Hi guys

An update for you

Please download latest version 1.14 from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus v1.14 download page

Main new feature is Ambient animals (my own performance friendly system)

also some fixes and tweaks

enjoy :)

Edited by thomsonb

Downloading now :)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Had my first game of this and it's good fun. Only problem I have with it is it's a little bit cruel to the framerates.

Hi Funkman

Iv set the mission up to be as friendly as possible to framerate, but it has by default 12 infantry squads plus about 5-10 other groups active at any time...

If you cannot get good performance try reducing the team counts (wich also automatically reduces the suport groups) You can still leave everything else random

B

Oh thanks for the advice thomsonb, I will give it a try.

Second that idea fromt the other guy to see this mode ported to fallujah!

Its good to hear that Flashpoint: Chernarus is working with ArmA2 Free. I have never tested it with that version, so there may be some unexpected bugs... please let me know if anything comes up running it on ArmA2 Free

B

Thomsonb, why I can't select Russian Team Leader/Medic or one of those from any other factions?

Edited by Kieck

I've been tinkering with this mod a bit and added some empty aircraft to various airfields on maps that have them and are large enough to fly on convincingly (I've ported them to a lot of maps, and swapped the units around a bit, its my favourite way to play arma:-) ) might be a suggestion for the next version...

It ends the mission if you fly over the objective, so what I've been doing is fighting my way to the airfield, stealing a plane or helicopter and making my escape in it by flying over the objective waypoint...better than it just ending when you stand in a certain spot :-)

PS: How can I add the camera.sqs to this map, because there are no units to add it to.

chernarusOverview.jpgutesOverview.jpg

Hi guys,

I have just released an updated version, and also got the Utes version back up to date!

Please download latest version 1.15 from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus and Utes v1.15 download page

This version has the same new features as the recently updated Taksitan version

Changes:

v1.15

This version features a prototype new system for spawning custom units, rather than just standard Arma2 units.

This allows for more realistic soldier loadouts, more variety of weapons on the battlefield, a more realistic balance and range of weapons in each faction, more uniqueness to each faction, more variety of player types, and also easier customisation and development of the mission in the future.

- Updated: Utes version updated to same version as Chernarus.

- Added: *NEW* Custom units weapons and gear for all factions (replacing the standard Arma2 units).

- Fewer unit models are used whenever possible; many units in same faction now use the same soldier model to save resources and help framerates.

- NAPA forces now have a few US supplied M16 rifles and Stinger AA launchers

- NAPA and ChDKZ are not as well equiped as the regular armies.

- All factions, basic soldier sometimes has marksmans rifle.

- Numerous small tweaks to the loadouts and weapons of all factions.

- Changed: Player units choice customised.

- All player loadouts customised, depending on faction (no longer simply standard Arma2 units).

- Player now often has side arm.

- Player selection dialog size increased.

- Player descriptions in dialog now simplified, and show exact weapon of that unit.

- Equalized chance of random player chosen from each faction (before USMC and Russia was more likely because of more units).

- Changed: Weapons and ammo in parked cars now more rare and and more basic weapons choice only, e.g. removed MP5.

- Fixed: On player change the spawn area is immediately recalibrated to players position. (units nearby should never be deleted just after player change anymore!)

Cheers

B

chernarusOverview.jpgutesOverview.jpg

Hello all,

I have just released a new version. This update applies to all Flashpoint missions. The main new feature is Artillery strikes.

This link includes the British Armed Forces version, (for ArmA2 Combined Operations) which has also been brought back up to date.

Please download latest version 1.16 from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus and Utes v1.16 download page

The Taksitan version has also been updated!

Changes:

v1.16

- Added: Artillery strikes;

* All factions now call in Artillery strikes against known enemy units.

* The type of strike is random, mortars or heavy guns.

* The number of shells per strike is random.

* The weight of fire is random.

* The aiming error is random.

* The strikes take time to arrive, so a moving target might move to safety.

* The time between each strike of each faction is random.

* The player is trated the same as AI units, no more or less likely to be the target.

* All this results in a range of fire missions, from small slow atacks by a single mortar, all the way to a devastating rapid fire heavy barrage from multiple heavy guns.

* The Artillery is a work in progress.

* Features to be added later: Player designation of targets, Prioritisation of targets, Checking for friendly fire of each barage, Different levels of Arty for each Faction etc.

* This Artillery system adds a bit more realistic danger to the battlefield. It was inspired in part by another of my favorite milsims, SteelBeasts. If you stay in the same place too long, you're toast!

* Please feedback about the Artillery, let me know if it fits in with how you play the mission etc.

- Fixed: Respawn list now shows the primary and secondary weapon of each unit, rather than its class type (class types are often not relevant anymore with the new custom unit spawning. This introduces the problem that Medics and Snipers are not easily identified on the list... to be fixed later).

- Changed: Respawn list now shows units on the players original side first on the list, not always BLUFOR first.

- Changed: "Who Got Me?" command now not added to rabbit in the cases of suicide, or death from unknown source, like artillery etc.

- Fixed: On Utes, some parked cars spawning areas were broken by previous update.

Cheers

B

Some things I would like to see (if your open to suggestions)

Considering this is my all time favorite mission mod for AmrA, here are my suggestions.

(Main suggestions are in bold)

1. Markings on the map as you play to show where possible large and small scale firefights are, to minimize the time running around the map doing nothing, which tend to happen a lot if you are unlucky in the spawning.

2. More pre-game setup presets. Such as starting in a jet, heli, car, tank, etc.

3. Option to play as a civilian if you just want to take in the war environment

4. Random IEDS

5. MULTIPLAYER! ;)

I second the civilian idea, It would be great story of man trying to get out of warzone when world goes mad.

Also about setups: make "After Montignac" preset in with player is hunted by some enemy units. Some friendly units could be present with VERY low chance to show up.