Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Chernarus

Hi guys

I have just FIXED version 2.7

Flashpoint: Chernarus Download page

anyone who got it already, please download again...

and anyone who hasnt got it yet, please get it anyway and have fun :)

There were problems with unused addons being in the mission files, i have uplaoded a fixed version, sorry about that!

B

Wow. Holy wow. This last hour has been my best SP gaming experience _ever_. (although I started playing like 25 years ago). This is some really nice job here, thanks!

This great implementation of a simple idea makes Arma into an A class action game. I've really had a feeling that a full scale war is going on, and performance was great all along. I don't know why, but the athmospere of two movies popped into my mind: War of the Worlds, and Saving Private Ryan. It is probably because you need to travel through the chaos of the war: the presentation of which is well-achieved with this mission.

thomsonb: And I also had a brainwave because of this: I felt like a high-ranked messenger, with a very important message to deliver. So for the objective what do you think about the following: the objective could be to deliver a message to an officer at all costs: the place of the objective could be random, but an allied stronghold could be spawned there, with some intense fight when you arrive. If you are lucky, the officer is still alive when you arrive, and you can deliver. :) This can be replayed forever, message after message.

One more idea, so the world could be more warlike: towns could be in the hands of one side or another (randomly or via a random frontline), with stronger defenses inside. Hell if it is an enemy, oasis if allied town. You could place weapon crates there with the full armory, so you can change to any weapon. What do you think?

Edited by zapat

This is amazing fun, it really shows what arma can do. Personally i think it's really good for training, not knowing what the situation will be or what you will face really makes you have to adapt quickly, learn to wait for the right moment to attack or not attack at all, using the terrain to your advantage etc. Nice job. :bounce3:

I also have a couple of feature requests if you're open to them, nothing major (i think, not sure how hard they would be to code. )

1. Restart current scenario; every now and then you get a really awesome scenario, one time it was morning, stormy weather, in a valley full of snipers, very atmospheric and tense, but before i could really get into it my teeth got blown out of the back of my head, it would have been nice to have another go at it. At the end it would be cool to have the options of restart mission and end mission or something.

2. suicide bunny; more of a fun suggestion really, once you die you turn into a bunny and have the option to see the guy that killed you (nice feature by the way), i would love to have the ability of detonating the rabbit right beside him, repay him the favor if you will.

"Aww, look at the cute little bunny rab-KAAAABOOOM!! :D

Not super important features but would nice to have.

Thanks.

Jolly

jolly! Use the save function right after mission start. (Or even later on)

Either by normally from ESCed menu, or you have a save option in the commands menu too.

:o

Silly me, never thought to do that, thanks zapat.

Edited by jolly

Hi Jolly

I am glad someone has finally asked for a suicide bunny! I was waiting for that! Well Im sure i can do something to help about that ;)

Zapat is right about the save game feature, but maybe I will include an autosave right at the start of each mission, so if you had a cool situation you can always try it again.

Zapat, I like your idea of being a messenger, it will work really well in this dynamic situation... maybe I can adjust the "Give Objective" command, so it gives a variety of objectives. I am aware that this feature it is quite crap now, the objective is too simple.. it's on the list to improve!!

Many thanks for the good reviews of the mission from all you guys, good to see after lots of work and testing!

B

A NUCLEAR suicide bunny !

Maybe the size of the explosion should be relative to how many kills you had before dying? I think that would be pretty cool. If you don't get any kills it would be like a grenade going off, but if you take out a few platoons you get nuclear.

Thanks thomsonb, that sounds great.

@Kremator; BUNNY RABBIT APOCALYPSE!

This mission is just getting better and better with every update :)

I think another good feature could be the option of earning Arty strikes, or airstrikes as rewards for a certain number of kills.

another good feature could be the option of earning Arty strikes, or airstrikes as rewards for a certain number of kills.

Now, this would be fun and also very useful!

Ive just discovered this mission and am about to try it. Is there any possibility you could add a US Corpsman (medic) to the presets?

Edit: Just had a quick try and I can say that was a lot of fun. This is a mission I am sure to be spending a lot of time in. I hope you will also be doing one for OA. One more thing I would love to see though. When you join a group, can you make it possible to join as a normal soldier rather than becoming group leader?

Edited by Killerwatt

Yes this mission is a blast.

One preset game mode I would like is an Apocalypse. There would be the effects of the EagleWing campaign (wind, ash, quakes of distant nukes). You'd start with a simple AK in the middle of Chernarus and would have to fight your way to coast. Enemies would be mostly small infantry groups wandering in the chaos of apocalypse.

Possible minor bug:

I had 5 men in my squad but had to leave one behind (+800 m). After a while rest of my squad died and I team switched to this lone guy. Now the enemy activity still stayed where the rest of my squad had died and I had to drive there to continue fighting. Not really a big issue but I thought I mention it anyway.

Hey thomsnob, this mission is cool and funny!

Nice also the addition of the presets.

However playing this I had a question to ask:

can you place a button that permitt to command via High Command various groups?

It coul be funny to command various groups, and maybe you can set the leaders of the group on your command as useable when you die.

However i think that i Found a bug:

When I join in a group, the things go normally, but when i press another time the button, I lose the command of the team and I am forced to leave the group end re-join.

However keep up your work, that is amazing ! ;)

@thomsomb

Love the mission! Much better for dynamic survival-fests than using the built in modules.

I have to admit I tried Takistan first and came 'back' to this, which left me grumbling a little as I love the battle rifles that are more popular with units in OA. I tried a little tinkering for my own pleasure (apologies if I should have asked first) and managed to get the setup to allow me to be any unit from Combined Ops, but I cannot get it to recognise the additional factions in the first menu. My .sqf knowledge isn't quite up to the task of adapting the arrays in that section, so was wondering if you might be able to offer any prompting

TIA

Hello guys

I have just released a new version of this mission.

Sorry about the long wait, I hope you enjoy the latest version:

Flashpoint: Chernarus v1.05 Download Page

New version includes all the new features from my Flashpoint: Takistan mission (which has also just been updated ;))

EDIT: There is also now a "British Armed Forces" version available on the same download page!

chernarusOverview.jpg

Cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

British Armed Forces version:

I have just released a BAF version of Flashpoint: Chernarus. It is available at the same link as the post above.

It is exactly the same, all the same features, but with the BAF added as a 6th faction!

Obviously it requires the BAF pack ;)

Let me know if you want me to keep updating the basic, non BAF version, I am not sure if everyone has BAF?

anyway, enjoy!

B

Nice to see that you are back! And actually, everyone has BAF to some extent, if you don't actually own it you get BAF-Lite which includes everything but the missions, with low texture and sound quality. So the BAF version should work for people without BAF, they'll just see the BAF units in poor quality.

BAF light, great, well that shows how long iv been away ;)

In that case i will make the BAF version the only version next time around!

B

Hey, great to see you back on these missions. It's still the only mission I really play outside my own ones.

Will be trying to get into the new version between family parties and Steam super sales :)

Hello

I have just released a new updated version 1.07

please download it from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus v1.07 download page

New this version:

Custom ambient cars module, including ammo and weapons in cars, improved vehicle passenger behaviour in combat, and many other small improvments...

Hope you like it

B

Hi

I have just released an updated version 1.07!

EDIT:

I have just fixed a small bug in version 1.07, that caused the US marines faction to not load sometimes... apolagies if you already downloaded, please get this fixed version! :)

Please download the latest fixed version from here:

Flashpoint: Chernarus v1.07 Download page

have a great new year!

B

Do we just d/l the main v1.07 if we're using BAF? Or do we still go for the BAF d/l?