Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Chernarus

Thanks for the tip.

No wonder that i would not work.:rolleyes:

Hi

Just some info about new features

I have just finished programming a weapons cargo system for this mission.

Now all the vehicles spawned will be carying a random cargo of ammo, special items like NVGs and satchel charges...

Does anyone have any requests of specific weapons or ammo you would like to see?

Right now the USMC vehicles have basic US ammo and missiles, and the Russians have basic russian ammo etc...

I need to test this a bit more, and i'm fixing some other stuff to improve performance when you chose a large number of spawned groups. So i expect to release this in a week or so

Cheers

B

Is the deathcam always a rabbit?, or is it random?

would there be an easy way to change it to a crow?, I would like to be able to fly up above the battefield and see whats going on after i die (sometimes I just like to watch the battle unfold rathern than playing).

Hi jangles

Right now the deathCam is always a Rabbit, I tested out others like Chicken, but Rabbit was the best because he is small, fast and fun.

I like the idea of a Crow deathCam, im not sure how to spawn a Crow, Il have to search for the modelName. I will try a Seagull first. Good idea mate!

Also I have made a feature in the next version where you can see the guy who killed you (the rabbit can be moved to the position of whoever killed you) wich is quite cool, should be available in a few days time :)

Cheers

B

Wonderful mission so far, thanks, if you could do for coop (max 4 people) would be great.

Thanks again, I really like it.

Hello guys

I have just released a new version 2.6

please get it from here

Flashpoint: Chernarus v2.6 download page

v2.6

- Fixed: "Commands" action only added once to each team member after multiple teamswitch or multiple team join/leave.

- Changed: Infantry groups now only have 1 script running, better performance with high group counts.

- Changed: "Field Dressing" sound filesize reduced.

- Changed: Map is automatically given to player if "Give Objective" or "Where Am I" command is used.

- Changed: Readme file improved.

- Added: Weapon and magazine cargos in spawned vehicles (Mines, Satchel Charges, GPS, NVGs, AT missiles etc).

- Added: "Statistics" action in Death Camera, diplays the battle statisitcs.

- Added: "Who Got Me?" action in Death Camera, shows you who killed you.

This mission is fantastic, great job. Really shows off what the game is capable of if you ask me.

I've only encountered one problem and it's been consistent with every version so far and I've finally decided to say something about it:

problemaa.jpg

I do not have a widescreen monitor and use a lower resolution, I assume this is why all the buttons are being cut off, maybe someone else not using a widescreen (I think there's 3 of us worldwide at this point) can confirm the problem as well? And maybe some compromise can be made with the positioning of the command buttons?

But other than that, great mission. Keep it up, it keeps getting better and better.

EDIT: The buttons display fine in 1280 x 1024. I usually play in 1024 x 768 in windowed mode and that's where I run into a problem. That is a rather low resolution that I'm sure not many people still use so I totally understand leaving it the way it is. All the commands are usable from the radio anyways.

EDIT EDIT: Gah, setting the interface size to 'small' while in 1024 x 768 fixes the problem. Now I feel like an ass for even bringing it up. Disregard everything!

Edited by Kovah85

maybe someone else not using a widescreen (I think there's 3 of us worldwide at this point)

lol!:)

Gah, setting the interface size to 'small' while in 1024 x 768 fixes the problem.

Thanks for the info Kovah,

I was not aware of this. If you can fix this with interface set small, i think i will leave the mission unchanged, and include this fix in the readme file for the next release.

cheers

B

Just played your mission for two hours. Its awesome. Very nice instant action. And the join group feature is awesome. Its so good, i think Bohemia could add this mission to the main menu with a button called "Instant Action"! :)

Thank you! :yay:

*edit*

Ive read the whole thread and saw you guys were talking about an multiplayer version of it. It would be very nice to play that with friends. Is it already multiplayer compatible or can it be played with some minor limitations in multiplayer?

Edited by Ginger McAle

Hi Ginger

Thank you for the comments :)

Today I have started a new attempt at a multiplayer coop version of the mission.

I did some work before, but ran into many annoying errors in the scripts, because they were desinged only for single player.

I have just designed a spawn script that finds the average middle position of all the coop players, and now im doing some basic testing.

So hopefully in a week or 2 I can release a basic version of MP COOP, expect 4players max at first, and maybe not all the setup options from the singleplayer until later ;)

B

Many thanks @thomsonb, great news, looking forward:pc::)

Edited by gulag

Good work, thanks for the new version and good luck with MP version.

Do you know if it's possible to change the player's name? Either by having the ability enter our own custom name in the next version, or you could give us detailed instructions after we de-pbo the mission :)

Thanks!

After so many great updates, I think it's time to nitpick:

They're the Chedaki, not the Chadaki.

Im happy if thats the only bug you found :P

consider it fixed in the next update!

B

Hmm what about the option of joining a nearby squad as a subordinate, and not always the leader? Maybe automatically by some rank thing, or manually like a Join and a Join and Lead command.

I just like the idea of accompanying a random squad on their patrol rather than leading them.

Hi Kovah

I wanted to keep the options simple thats why I didnt include a "Join as subordinate" command..

I will try and put something like it in the next release

B

Hi, thanks very much for this awesome mission generator. A few total newbie questions came up, sorry:

If I "join group", am I then the leader or a subordinate in the group?

I spawned in some woods on Chernarus and used the sound of gunshots to approach the action and to find a group I could join. Is there any way, apart from look of uniforms to see who I belong to? I am not really into what different units look like yet :o In my defence, LOL, in an traditional mission I would know what direction my side was going, and where the opposition would be, approximately. Here, these tips don't apply, by design. So that's cool, but some tip would be nice :)

Can I enter allied vehicles, helicopters etc. and drive or fly them? Or are they locked for me?

And finally, I get shot a lot. What is "field dressing" and what can it do for me?

:)

Cheers,

OP

Edited by Old_Painless

Hi Old_Painless,

Glad you are enjoying the mission.

If I "join group", am I then the leader or a subordinate in the group?

You will be the commander of the group.

(as i posted above, maybe i will add an option to join as subornite later)

If you want to change to another soldier in your group, press T to open teamswitch and choose one. After that you can "leave group", and even join group again if you wish to command the group again.

Is there any way, apart of look of uniforms to see who I belong to? I am not really into what different units look like yet

Uniforms are the best way! Also if you play on lower dificulty settings, when you look at units you see text identifying them, red is enemy green is friendly!

I think this is a great mission to learn how to identify units actually, im sure you will be an expert soon!

Can I enter allied vehicles, helicopters etc. and drive or fly them? Or are they locked for me?

Yes, you can enter all of them.

If you see a freindly tank, get close to it, choose the "Join Near Units" command, now you can select one of the tank guys, order him to get out and then jump in yourself.

Helicopters are the same, but herder to catch , and you have to use TeamSwitch to select the pilot.

What is "field dressing" ?

When you get hurt the field dressing is a quick way to heal you injuries.

You can use it repeatedly, once every 60 seconds.

Thanks for playing :)

B

thomsonb, thanks very much for the swift reply. I'll work the uniforms some more :)

Something else I thought of, while thinking about how I should approach the mission tonight: If allied transport helis are airborne, can I call them to get my group airlifted someplace? Are they "with me" even if we're not grouped ?

Edited by Old_Painless

If allied transport helis are airborne, can I call them to get my group airlifted someplace?

I have not included that feature.

It would be very cool.

Problem was, when trying to script it I got too pissed off with the helicopter AI programming so I focused on other Ideas for the mission.

Its very dificult to get a Helo to sucesfully land without crashing or taking hours. And its even harder to do it at a random location on the map!

If anyone knows a good script for random Helo pickups or Helo control, please let me know...

B

Just to be clear, I meant that I - while on the ground - would designate the landing site for the helo. So not a random location, once we're in the mission.

But I can see what you mean about the complexity. I'll remember it if I come across it in another mission where the mission has scripted extraction.

Edit: Just found this discussion within the GL4 thread, perhaps using GL4 it will be possible?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1572368&postcount=1058

And someone mentions Norrin's scripts - sounds interesting as well: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9140

And MedEvac (really cool video, too) : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93811

:)

Edited by Old_Painless

Hello!

Good news all Flashpoint fans!

Flashpoint: Chernarus new version 2.7 is released..

please download from the usual place:

Flashpoint: Chernarus Download page

Changes:

v2.7

- Added: "Preset Modes" a variety of differnt game modes, selectable with 1 click.

- Added: Dead units now deleted when too many are in world, to prevent low frame rates.

- Changed: Death Cam commands now added in sequence.

- Fixed: Radio 0-0-5 "Weather Forecast" now working again.

- Fixed: "Chedaki" spelling mistake.

- Fixed: Vehicle Cargo waypoints now update corectly.

Brilliant work, thomsonb, thanks. Downloading!

-OP