Sign in to follow this  
Jobrmc

Should I buy this game?

i'd say those setting are a bit optimistic for that gfx card the rest of your system should run it ok but that card will probably melt at those settings

Are you sure you were not buying a pirate version? There have been rather a lot of cases of faked games being sold as so called "second hand". Did your DVD come with all the packaging and manual printed on glossy high quality paper? Obviously it was no longer shrink wrapped.

As a matter of it was shrink wrapped. This should not be surprising since it was from one of the "New" sellers which ideally means it would be in perfectly new condition.

I would suggest you contact Placebo to verify it is proper user registration key you have and not one of those being used in pirate copies.

Could you tell me how do do this?

I do feel sorry for lots of people who are fooled into buying "second hand" scams but I have to say it is a case of caveat emptor. ArmA is not that expensive and buying second hand provides no income to the developer and you have no come back if your product is defunct.

Aparrantly Amazon itself could not ship it to my location. (Which I would rather not disscuss.)

Out of interest can you link us to this used games sellers page on Amazon.

As a matter of fact I can:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html/ref=olp_merch_rating_5?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&asin=B001QCYA2A&marketplaceSeller=0&seller=A3QT2RADTPHUUG

By the way, thanks for all your help guys.:)

Hi Jobrmc

Sorry thought from your post that you had bought second hand.

I would suggest you match interface resolution with 3D resolution and turn anistropic filtering to high

Kind Regards walker

The only way you can fix your graphics card issue is by changing your graphics card, i.e. buying a new one. I don't think it's possible for you to get that great of performance out of ArmA II, or any other game for that matter, with that card. You could try overclocking, but, again, I don't think it will make much of a difference unless you have some incredible fan system.

I give you props for trying again. At first you seemed like the typical zero-attention-span gamer that is the opposite of the ARMA 2 fans

You know, we all just tried to force our help on someone who already gave up on the game. Sometimes i really think that BI's games are a religion and Suma/Marek/Placebo are our main gods.

EDIT: And Codemasters is the devil who spawned the false prophet 'Dragon Rising'.

Edited by NeMeSiS

Hi Jobrmc

Sorry thought from your post that you had bought second hand.

I would suggest you match interface resolution with 3D resolution and turn anistropic filtering to high

Kind Regards walker

Did what you suggested, seemed to work OK, lets hope it holds up.

Thanks!:ok:

I'll look into that thing, however I'm not entirely sure how to update my graphics drivers.

You mean with driversweeper or updating your graphics drivers in general? It's absolutely a MUST to update your graphics drivers when you're playing games (can improve performance etc). If you need help in installing drivers in the first place, let us know.

I'll look into that thing, however I'm not entirely sure how to update my graphics drivers.

Then maybe you should put the idea of creating your own game on hold for a while :p

Jobrmc i don't know what skills you have but i've tried making a game, a simple platfomer, and that was ridiculously hard.

Yes, you should buy A2. I got more play-time in the ArmA series than... I think every other game I've played combined.

Jobrmc, I would set all your video settings to medium for now. Set your view distance to 2500 yards, and like was mentioned eariler you've GOT to have your interface and 3d size set to the same value. Preferably to the optimal resolution of your LCD screen.

Did you apply the 1.05 patch, the EW hotfox, and the beta patch? If not, I'll help you with that.

Cheers! And glad you got the real deal!

-jpinard

And I just made an assumption since you have a new PC. Are you using a CRT or an LCD? According to the settings your system is trying to use it appears you've still got an old CRT. If now, those are terrible settings for an LCD screen.

Edited by jpinard

Jobrmc, I would set all your video settings to medium for now. Set your view distance to 2500 yards, and like was mentioned eariler you've GOT to have your interface and 3d size set to the same value. Preferably to the optimal resolution of your LCD screen.

By view distance do you mean visability? Because I was only able to set that to 2508.

Did you apply the 1.05 patch, the EW hotfox, and the beta patch? If not, I'll help you with that.

Cheers! And glad you got the real deal!

-jpinard

I downloaded the 1.05 patch before I started the game, I don't think I got the EW hotfix and I don't know what the beta patch is.

And I just made an assumption since you have a new PC. Are you using a CRT or an LCD? According to the settings your system is trying to use it appears you've still got an old CRT. If now, those are terrible settings for an LCD screen.

I have an LCD, what settings would you recomend?

Alright, got the EW hotfix, just need to find the beta patch.

I've decided the only thing I can do at this point is buy a new graphics card.

Which one would you guys recomend?

For now I've uninstalled the game until I find a better graphics card.