Sign in to follow this  
Moosed

First Aid Modules - Once and for all

i have been told so many different things with regards to the medic modules that i now am confused as to how to set them up in the editor.

do i need to have all 3 medic modules (simulation, battlefield clearance and action) inserted and have every one of them syncrhonised to all soldiers in my squad ?

also what should i do with the ACE 2 module called "enable wounding system", do i just add that and not synchronise it with anyone ? what exactly does this module do ?

Sorry for the nooblike questions but im looking for a definitive answer as i have been told different things by different people.

This BI Wiki article explains usage of the modules pretty well.

You don't need all 3 Modules, like if you don't want to use dragging or carrying wounded, you don't need the Battlefield Clearance Module.

Not sure about the ACE2 module though.

ACE Wounding system needs to just be plopped into the map. No synch. And it has dragging/carrying so no need for Battle Clearance module.

First Aid module makes everyone able to do the "first aid" task (heal) on anyone. Heals to a certain level (can walk etc but might be shakey and need medic for last touch).

Injury Simulation module = please check W0lle's link. I forgot.

I have a question. Is it possible to put a injured unit into a helicopter? If so then how do I do it?

cheers. i took out the battle clearance module and kept the ace wounding system included but i no longer get the option to carry or drag units, so i guess i need it ?

What are these modules' effects on AI? Will they/should they be capable of spontaneous medical aid & field clearance etc?

cheers. i took out the battle clearance module and kept the ace wounding system included but i no longer get the option to carry or drag units, so i guess i need it ?

anyone able to clear this up ?

anyone able to clear this up ?

It's a ACE question, ask in the ACE thread.

What are these modules' effects on AI? Will they/should they be capable of spontaneous medical aid & field clearance etc?

AI heal each other but doesn't drag by default. With SLX AI drag wounded to safty and give them medical attention(think it's slx doing that).