BRITISH 3 PARA MOD, CONVERTED BY SCHANCKY WITH PERMISSION FROM STALKERGB

UKF WEAPONS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS MOD TO WORK

FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH ACE2

DOWNLOAD- http://www.filefront.com/15590925/British_3Para_v0.8b.rar

v0.8b

Differences to previous addons.

- Converted ArmAI textures to ArmAII "RMC 2001" Units

#################Installation#######################

-REQUIRES THE UKF WEAPON PACK WHICH CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM armaholic.com and many other websites.

-Just add the file (brit3para) into your addon folder or create a new mod folder if you want to.

#########Know Bugs##########

THIS HAS BEARLY BEEN PLAYTESTED SO DO EXCUSE ANY EXTRA BUGS.

-Slightly iffy shadows.

-Not really a bug but the helmet textures are very poor at the moment.

-Sniper currently has the wrong type of ammo for the UKF L96

ANY MORE BUGS E-MAIL mattyschanck@googlemail.com

Please ask SCHANCKY or STALKERGB if you want to use any of this as part of one of your mods, thanks.

########CREDITS#########

- Original models done by STALKERGB

- Original textures done for ArmAI "3 Para" Mod by STALKERGB

- Original Config done by STALKERGB

- Config edited by SCHANCKY to include UKF wepaons and to change unit class names.

- Textures Converted to ArmAII by SCHANCKY

- Thanks to UKF for their aweosme weapon pack.

- And obviously BIS.

- My mate chris for allowing me to take these screen shots on his PC

########################

-Not to be used for commercial use of any kind. blah blah blah.

########################

Enjoy

SCHANCKY

########################

Units found under BLUFOR > British Army> British 3 Para

Feel free to PM me with any problems or questions.

Edited by Schancky

from a 3 Para Arm2 squad, thanks for these :)

I'll test these for you and get back to you if you want - we're VERY interested in them.

from a 3 Para Arm2 squad, thanks for these :)

I'll test these for you and get back to you if you want - we're VERY interested in them.

Sounds good to me mate, feel free to to throw me a PM anytime :)

These got the old Arma 1 faces?

I beleive they do, I don't think I changed them as I am busy working on my 4 rifles.

Looking really good mate, nice to see the release!

Pretty awesome :D

A slight issue though, the head appears to be defined in the old system from ArmA.1, which leads to some problems (most noticeably, their mouths don't move! D: ). There's a very easy fix for this if you modify the models to use the ArmA.2 face system. This can be done easily, by simply deleting the entire head on the first two resolution LODs and pasting in the "bysta" proxy from the example MLOD soldier released by BIS. You may also want to replace the body model on the first resolution LOD with the one from the from the 1st person view LOD, to get rid of the gap left with some head models.

I believe the reason they havent done this is because this is a straight port from arma1 to arma2. Stalker is working on new units for arma2 and he is focussed on getting those out. From my conversations with him he doesn't mind people porting his addons (RMC on which these paras are based) however I would imagine he doesn't want people chopping into and changing his models when he is going to release something similar, however much more up to date in the near future.

Another bug, this time in the configs of the units: Sniper is being spawned with M24 ammo which the L96 refuses to load, instead of the 10-round L96 clips, resulting in his not having any ammo for his rifle.

Another, but I think related to the UFK weapons pack - missing sound file: FNMagReload.ogg (posted here in the hope StalkerGB will see it).

Edited by bfalcon

#########Know Bugs##########

THIS HAS BEARLY BEEN PLAYTESTED SO DO EXCUSE ANY EXTRA BUGS.

-Slightly iffy shadows.

-Not really a bug but the helmet textures are very poor at the moment.

-Sniper currently has the wrong type of ammo for the UKF L96

Schancky: Erm... yeah, didn't notice that one... Sorry. :o

BTW excellent work on those models.

Edited by bfalcon

THANK YOU SO MUCH! So glad I don't have to fiddle with coding to get my troops to have the right weapons. My day has been made.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! So glad I don't have to fiddle with coding to get my troops to have the right weapons. My day has been made.

No problem :)

Nice one Schancks, this was REALLY needed. SHame there isn't a maroon beret version though, also the 16 Brigade badge/Pegasus should really be there

http://www.geraldhowarth.org.uk/files/upld-news63thumbnail

Do you really think they go into combat with Berets on? Plus, it's a port...

Anyhow, good work mate, even if it is a config tidy up, still adds to the british cause.

Do you really think they go into combat with Berets on? Plus, it's a port...

Anyhow, good work mate, even if it is a config tidy up, still adds to the british cause.

I wasn't dissing him, this is fantastic. To answer your question, no but they do actually deploy and patrol with the berets on occasion, and during the Falklands at least they did actually operate with them too. Due to the colour RM tend to get away with wearing them more often, and historically it was very common for the RM to do so such as at the Suez in '56 and the Limbang raid in '62.

...during the Falklands... the Suez in '56 and the Limbang raid in '62.

Yes, but back then lids were made of thin sheets of steel (or fibreglass in the case of Falklands-era Para helmets) and offered about as much protection from small arms fire as a beret does. Health and safety nazis, and the sorts of media scandals that ensue if a bloke dies conducting operations without the full set of protective gear didn't exist back then either.

The latter two points are such that the chain of command will have a fit if they see someone in a combat zone without a lid on, or any non-issued armour.

Even AFV crews and Paratroopers have to wear either Mk.6A or Mk.7 helmets on ops now, instead of the bespoke helmets they wore back when we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. That's due to the perception that the AFV/400 and Para helmets (the later model made of ballistic nylon like the original Mk.6, not the fibreglass one) don't offer enough protection.

Helmets aren't removed unless you're completely secure nowadays, or at least attempting to give the media the impression that somewhere is secure. ;)

I like the look of berets but they're a bit unnecessary on an addon that's meant to represent soldiers in a combat environment. Takes a lot of effort to model them correctly too since the existing BIS ones appear to be based on berets worn by the baddies in some gash 80's action movie.

Edited by da12thMonkey

or at least attempting to give the media the impression that somewhere is secure.

true that!

Yeah as has been emntioned this is just a straight port and I'm focussed on getting my newer units released for ARMA2 rather than fixing issues with my old ones.

Yep I agree totally, but both units do perform patrols with berets on quite regularly. I admit I am only interested in fluff cool factor of course rather than realism... but for the record, they are worn. Often go bareheaded too actually for some reason.