Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

(SP)ACE2 The Conqueror

And yet another mission. This is the second mission in a future Campaign, the first was Cutting All Ties. I will combine them in the future when more missions exist and I learn how to do it. Please help me test this one in the mean time.

Here's the first beta:

smalldf.jpg

The Conqueror

Version: Beta v4.0

After assaulting a small bit of northern Podagrosk we have managed to hold enough territory to build a FOB closer to the main enemy positions. Now it's time to clear this country of the Insurgents. You need to clear the city of Berezniki and find and destroy the main Insurgent operating base and kill the Commander. There are also some side missions that can help you in your battle across the country.

At your disposal is a plethora of support options. Call in artillery and/or air support, get inserted to a location via fast rope, and recruit more troops. Use the Hybred HC System to create or merge teams/groups and use them to make your assault. There is also a Medevac just in case. Lastly, choose from an assortment of different weapons and vehicles to finish all objectives.

Features:

Mando Missiles

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Support Options:

-Air Support

-Para Drop

-Medevac

-Fast Rope

-Artillery

ACE Wound System

ACE2 features(Pack with tons of goodies from as to use on the mission.)

Hybred HC System by Mr. Centipede

Recruit troops

IED's

Enemy reinforcements and the ability to stop it

The ability to gain real time info about OPFOR troop movements if certain intel is found

******** I apologize for all the action menu options but hey it makes the mission better!********

Requirements

ArmA 2 v 1.05:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8820

FDF Podagrosk:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8848

Medevac Module:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93811

Norrin's MP Fast Rope Stand-alone AddOn:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73336

ACE2:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8603

ACEX:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8602

Credits:

Mr. Centipede for the Hybred HC System

Lucilk, (AEF)Wolffy.au [2CAV] and (AEF)Odin [2CAV] for the great scripts. I take credit for none!

ACE2 team for the awesome Mod(And all those who contributed)

SNKMAN for the superbad GL4

Norrin for the beautiful Fast Rope script

goliath86 for the Medevac Module

The FDF Team for Podagrosk

BIS

The Community

If I forgot anyone please let me know!!!

Known Issues:

Not sure but there's gotta be a ton.

No picture for overview.

Need to add more to the Intro and Outro.(Currently just temporary scene for effect.)

To Do:

Add Intro/Outro, more cut scenes, etc.

Integrate with Cutting All Ties and more to make a Campaign

Fix forum picture

Fix team load-outs

Remove Map Click Transport Radio option #9(JUST DON'T USE IT FOR NOW)

Version:

V1.0-

Initial Release

v1.5-

Fixed player load-out issue

v2.0-

Removed RKSL and JTD FireandSmoke dependencies

v2.5-

Added GL4 settings .sqf's to mission. Now it uses GL4 as I intended, regardless of how you have your GL4 settings.

Updated to use GL4 v.1.1.75(Now it's required)

Removed map-click teleport

Added a few more enemy AA trucks

v3.0-

Added a 6th team member and added a CSW Mk19 to the 5th and 6th man.

Updated the Bon Advanced Artillery Script

Changed load-outs again

Added 2 M2A2s controllable via HC at the start. If they get destroyed you can always recruit more crew, have them man an empty vehicle and use Mt Centipede's Hybred HC to make a new transport group. (0-8-HCS-1)

Removed unneccesary files for smaller size

v3.5-

Removed FNC dependency

A few code tweaks

Removed Mando Missiles dependency, now uses the script version in the mission.

Fixed the MMA SAM site, they weren't firing

v3.75-

Updated to Norrin's FR v1.05

Added 2 more heli's with "get in and go" Fast Rope capability

Fixed non-essential task not being completed

Added some more enemy units

Added ReadMes to .rar for the different features

v4.0-

Unlocked all vehicles at the base. Now HC groups will enter

Updated norrins Fast Rope to v1.06

Added Earplugs to US Special Weapons crates at base

Various minor tweaks

Updated GL4 init setup, make sure you DL the latest GL4 version v.1.177

Edited by Manzilla

Another new version v2.5

Anyone tried this yet?

I just grabbed it. I'll try it out tonight and give you any feedback I can. =)

Well, I'm having an issue, but its not with your mission so much as it is ACE itself. In my ACE version I don't have a UH-60 or Mi-24 so it prohibits me from playing or looking at it.

Well, I'm having an issue, but its not with your mission so much as it is ACE itself. In my ACE version I don't have a UH-60 or Mi-24 so it prohibits me from playing or looking at it.

Whoa.... You need to update it via the six updater. What's your version number? It says on the main A2 menu.

Whoa.... You need to update it via the six updater. What's your version number? It says on the main A2 menu.

I think I have it goin now, will be in touch

Edited by Genpatton043

I think I have it goin now, will be in touch

Damn sorry for this but......

New version v3.0 in first post!!!

v3.0 changelog:

Added a 6th team member and added a CSW Mk19 to the 5th and 6th man.

Updated the Bon Advanced Artillery Script

Changed load-outs again

Added 2 M2A2s controllable via HC at the start. If they get destroyed you can always recruit more crew, have them man an empty vehicle and use Mt Centipede's Hybred HC to make a new transport group. (0-8-HCS-1)

Removed unneccesary files for smaller size

good configuration mission, lots of stuff, need quite some time to accomplish it. The defect is CPU unfriendly, I can only maintain 20frames,sometimes 17f ........

Nice job Manzilla, I like it. I especially like the fact that it is a longer mission and that you don't start in the middle of a firefight. I haven't finished it yet, but hopefully by tomorrow I can get it done. I just have to change my frame of mind as far as playing the mission. (I've been spending most of my time writing a campaign and have grown somewhat accustomed to knowing when something is going to happen in a mission. LOL)

But this is a nice change of pace. Thanks!

Edit- Once its finished I'll more than likely pick it apart a little, especially since you;'ve got some things going on that I am not to familiar with.

Edited by Genpatton043

Nice job Manzilla, I like it. I especially like the fact that it is a longer mission and that you don't start in the middle of a firefight. I haven't finished it yet, but hopefully by tomorrow I can get it done. I just have to change my frame of mind as far as playing the mission. (I've been spending most of my time writing a campaign and have grown somewhat accustomed to knowing when something is going to happen in a mission. LOL)

But this is a nice change of pace. Thanks!

Edit- Once its finished I'll more than likely pick it apart a little, especially since you;'ve got some things going on that I am not to familiar with.

Thanks for the comments. I added a lot of support options that are very useful but they add a lot to the action menu. It's a bit much but I do like to use all this great stuff people make for us. Feel free to pick it apart all you want. That's the only way I learn to make missions. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

good configuration mission, lots of stuff, need quite some time to accomplish it. The defect is CPU unfriendly, I can only maintain 20frames,sometimes 17f ........

Yes that's the only problem. My computer is a beast, still, so I tend to forget about making it CPU friendly for all.

Yes that's the only problem. My computer is a beast, still, so I tend to forget about making it CPU friendly for all.

Mine's a small kitten.

Anyways, I pretty much download and try every SP mission out there (I go through phases with Arma, right now it's SP only, bored with the MP scene at the moment). To be honest, most missions get 5 or 10 minutes due to my short attention span.

Here's what I like about your mission...

I have spent over an hour messing around, trying different things. There is lots of stuff to use. You make good use of addons, and use lots of them (I have 149 mods downloaded, it's nice to see some in action). There are many ways to finish the objective, which I haven't done yet. I'm still messing around (I would lose a war fast).

I haven't played enough to nit pick yet. I just downloaded new version and am about to play some more. And this is my first SP mission 'review' so I'll try to give more feedback with some kind of ratings system... maybe.

Good job, thanks!

Just a quick a FYI, you'll need to add the FNC scopes as an addon requirement. No big deal. I just got the message when I tried to load.=)

Thanks bud. I seem to be fond of missions that I can just screw around with. I always like to have many options on hand. Hell this is the US Army, they got plenty off "toys". I tend to do the same thing as you. I've been playing this mission for days and I never get anywhere fast. I DL a ton of stuff as well so it's time I put some to use.

I hope people can get a hang of all the different features I've included. There's a ton of different support options and I really should put some info in game about it but I haven't gotten to that yet.

Enjoy it.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Just a quick a FYI, you'll need to add the FNC scopes as an addon requirement. No big deal. I just got the message when I tried to load.=)

Ooooh that shouldn't be there. I'll have to remove it from the top of the mission.sqm. Not sure why that just started to appear. It never attached itself to one of my missions before.

I have a issue with that in fact. Can't play this mission.

I have a issue with that in fact. Can't play this mission.

Explain, can't play the mission doesn't help much.

New version v3.5 in first post.

v3.5 changelog:

Removed FNC dependency

A few code tweaks

Removed Mando Missiles dependency, now uses the script version in the mission.

Fixed the MMA SAM site, they weren't firing

Hello. I tried every version of your mission but I still have this error message: "Include file userconfig/MM/unit_array.hpp not found.

*edit Okay it isn't significant, I already solved this problem. Cheers

Edited by kristofer

Hello. I tried every version of your mission but I still have this error message: "Include file userconfig/MM/unit_array.hpp not found.

*edit Okay it isn't significant, I already solved this problem. Cheers

You need to look at the Medevac addon folder. In that folder is a file called "MM". In that file it has a user_config file.

What you need to do is copy the "MM" folder and place it into your "userconfig" file that is currently in your arma 2 directory. That master config file should have 2 "ACE" files in it already. Just copy the "MM" folder in with them and you should be good to go.

You need to look at the Medevac addon folder. In that folder is a file called "MM". In that file it has a user_config file.

What you need to do is copy the "MM" folder and place it into your "userconfig" file that is currently in your arma 2 directory. That master config file should have 2 "ACE" files in it already. Just copy the "MM" folder in with them and you should be good to go.

Exactly like he said. Check the Medevac ReadMe if you need more help with the install.

OK, not sure if this is me or the mission. But, I go through and complete all the tasks up to "Cut off communications". So, I go and attack the power station and eliminate the enemies there. I than use the satchel charges to blow up the transformers. They go Boom and I get a radio message saying something like "Good job, cutting off the communications will hurt the enemies ability to send reinforcements. Good work team."

Yet, the task does not complete.

do all of the buildings need to be taken out or just the transformers?

OK, not sure if this is me or the mission. But, I go through and complete all the tasks up to "Cut off communications". So, I go and attack the power station and eliminate the enemies there. I than use the satchel charges to blow up the transformers. They go Boom and I get a radio message saying something like "Good job, cutting off the communications will hurt the enemies ability to send reinforcements. Good work team."

Yet, the task does not complete.

do all of the buildings need to be taken out or just the transformers?

Hmmmm. Did you blow up both transformers? I'll have to check that trigger maybe I deleted the line to set the task to complete. You can still complete the mission with out that completed. It's just a side mission.

EDIT:

Good find my friend. I had the wrong task to set to succeed in that trigger. I'll have it fixed in the next version tomorrow.

Edited by Manzilla

OK, I am done and I will say, it was thoroughly enjoyable. Nice job and yes, you are correct, the mission ended fine without it being completed. If I were to recommend anything for the mission, maybe make the last task a little tougher. By the time I finally got to it, I had assembled a nice little army that was waiting at the gates. I took out the infantry that was south of the city and than took out the T-72 and that was it. Your defensive positions were good, I'm just thinking you could use a little more in town.

But Kudos dude, it was good!

Good find my friend. I had the wrong task to set to succeed in that trigger. I'll have it fixed in the next version tomorrow.

Not a problem, glad I could help. (Does best "Godfather" impression, "There may come a time when you could return the favor")

Edited by Genpatton043

OK, I am done and I will say, it was thoroughly enjoyable. Nice job and yes, you are correct, the mission ended fine without it being completed. If I were to recommend anything for the mission, maybe make the last task a little tougher. By the time I finally got to it, I had assembled a nice little army that was waiting at the gates. I took out the infantry that was south of the city and than took out the T-72 and that was it. Your defensive positions were good, I'm just thinking you could use a little more in town.

But Kudos dude, it was good!

Not a problem, glad I could help. (Does best "Godfather" impression, "There may come a time when you could return the favor")

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I completely agree with you. I'll add more enemies to the city. I had the same experience with the city as well. Hopefully I'll have a new version up today. Thanks again, I really appreciate the time you spent playing this mission.