Sign in to follow this  
Jaskier

How I can modding with Blender

Hi all. I've got one, small question. How I can export from Blender to ArmA II models like houses, generally buildings ? Of course my production buildings ;)

You will need to get them in O2 first, which supports only 3D Studio (.3ds) and lightwave (.obj) files. Blender can happily export those both

There is a blender modding toolbox in the works now, so soon enough you can just export p3d :)

There is a blender modding toolbox in the works now, so soon enough you can just export p3d :)

extremely happy to hear this ;D i'm starting to get the itch to get back into 3d modelling.

Whew! Any more info on this? I've got a export-from-Blender-to-O2 tutorial kinda simmering.

I'd be open to helping or betatesting if you need it. :)

Whew! Any more info on this? I've got a export-from-Blender-to-O2 tutorial kinda simmering.

I'd be open to helping or betatesting if you need it. :)

I can't give away too much but from what ive seen there will be even more option availiable then in my toolbox for max.

I can't give away too much but from what ive seen there will be even more option availiable then in my toolbox for max.

Oh noes, where your competition spirit SA? ;)

I'm waiting for your toolbox for Blender , Soul Assasin. ;)

Oxygen is just a bit too hard for me, so I prefer Blender. :)

And next small question - what I must do for import models from ArmA II to Blender ? I used DePBO and .... what next ? :) I want see how many vertex is on UH-60 , because I want do something new for ArmA II. ;)

Edited by Jaskier

And next small question - what I must do for import models from ArmA II to Blender ? I used DePBO and .... what next ? :) I want see how many vertex is on UH-60 , because I want do something new for ArmA II. ;)

All A2 models are binarized. So you won't be able load them in O2 and then export them to any other software.

That said, look for A1 MLODs, a lot of the content is the same in A2.

You will need to get them in O2 first, which supports only 3D Studio (.3ds) and lightwave (.obj) files. Blender can happily export those both

I have had issues with using blenders .3ds exporter in the past. Seemed to missing some piece of info that 02 wanted to see. It was possible to fix it by passing the .3ds through max or animator. This was with previous versions of blender and O2, but becomes irrelevant as using .obj does work well.

That's if you export from blender to 3ds - you need the dummy kfdata or whatever. If you export to obj, it preserves the texture mapping, although it needs scaling tweaking and possible normal-reversing in O2.

REALLY wanting the Blender tools (even if a beta). :D

Excellent!

Does it preserve UV texture mapping?

Do you need a betatester? :)

Edit:

И тоже, где так "formdesigner"?

Edited by TRexian

Does it preserve UV texture mapping?

Yep, exporter sets UV coords to [0;0] (if mesh have no custom unwrap).

Do you need a betatester?

After contact with dev-heaven community - probably no, for evil russians only.

Edited by Leopotam

Ðо, Я знаю немного по-руÑÑки! :D

And, I can be evil, too! ;)

Will look for the project at d-h!

Is there any updated information about the being able to use Blender made models?

Open Source is always good, Maybe with your toolkit and blenders price maybe its time to give blender another shot..

Edited by coldfuse

It's alive!

Dude, I'm waiting for the Blender -> Mlod Eporter since I first stumbled upon this thread months ago, any idea how long it will be until a release (a Ballpark number would be fine, weeks, months, a year ...) ?

Anyway, looking forward to it :)