Sign in to follow this  
SuicidalManiac

Train and Tunnels?

Two questions in One.

Can you set up a working train system that uses the tracks, with scripting perhaps. This would make a nice virtual train-set for my father to play around with.

Also I read here that you cannot go under the terrain, is there anyway to break a hole in it, like in crisis, there you simply select a few faces and delete, then you can build a model to occupy the space, passing freely through the hole.

I have a lot of mountains and placing tunnels through them is imperative, building the entire mountain as an object would be silly to say the least. Anyone find a workaround for this scenario.

Archangel

For a working train via script, try taking a look in "Addons & Mods - Complete" - one was just released...

Sadly I don't think there is an easy way around the tunnels problem with the current Arma2 engine... From what I can tell there's no way with the heightmap technology procedure Arma2 uses of creating any kind of tunnel, or overhang, without it being some kind of custom object... and since there's a size limit for objects it would probably involve multipart objects too...

I'm currently messing around with an Iwo Jima side-project... I'd LOVE tunnels! or even Caves! But I really don't think it's practical... I'll be settling for above-ground cover, and pillboxes - if I can scrounge up a suitable model somewhere...

For your larger-scale train tunnel, the only idea that immediately comes to mind is to perhaps sculpt some sort of very narrow valley - then roof it with some sort of rock model maybe?

B

Edited by Bushlurker