Sign in to follow this  
Intezar

Shouldn't we know more by now?

I keep seeing the Mid 2010 release date mentioned everywhere. Judging the situation of details/screen-shots we've got, that target window doesn't look likely at all!

What is the deal, is this a 2011 or possibly 2012 release - or - will we experience a sudden surge of information soon?

2011 i would say. pure speculation though.

Yes, It does seem like that would be a better guess. There doesn't seem to be others with more insight around now.

Anything can happen, but BIS was never very good at advertising. Arma2 was only really revealed tree or four months before release. All we had seen up until then was a bunch of screenshots and some basic info. What Im saying is that there is still a 2010 hope for the release of carrier command... nothing is certain though

I don't know. The developers "should" be able to confirm whether 2010 is an absolute impossibility. Will they do it? Probably not.

I don't know. The developers "should" be able to confirm whether 2010 is an absolute impossibility. Will they do it? Probably not.

If they so much as hint at a possible date, the general public will consider that an absolute statement, and throw fits if it doesn't come out on that date (people usually start freaking weeks before said date also). I don't blame the developers and know that when it is ready it will be released. You will be given at least a few weeks notice I'm sure.

What difference does it make anyways? I don't understand the hype about release dates. When it's ready it's ready...

I agree with BI's general philosophy when it come to releases. "When it's done". I would like to see more screens, maybe a vid or to though.

+1

i agree, more screens would be nice:sigh:

I don't even know what this game is?.

Anyway, I hope they advertise it well because I want BIS to succeed and continue to produce awesome military games.

I don't even know what this game is?.

Anyway, I hope they advertise it well because I want BIS to succeed and continue to produce awesome military games.

Google it. Youll be amazed over how much info there is at the tip of your fingers. :)

:confused::confused:

oh it's the first time i've heard about this project,can you guys plz tell me just which kind of game will be this carrier command?RTS right?

Hi, If you look in the other threads, you will find a video showcasing some of the gameplay.

Basicaly you will command units like in a standard RTS but will also be able to take part to the action in first person (flying, driving or shooting).

Think "Battlezone" if you remember it.

Hi, If you look in the other threads, you will find a video showcasing some of the gameplay.

Basicaly you will command units like in a standard RTS but will also be able to take part to the action in first person (flying, driving or shooting).

Think "Battlezone" if you remember it.

em many thx but can you tell me the name of the thread

yeah like some sort of estimated release date? from what ive seen it looks almost done.

Hi,

I dont think you will get a release date for this.

After alot of searching around and contacting afew BI Mods/Admins and such. This game looks like its been scrapped. :(

After alot of searching around and contacting afew BI Mods/Admins and such. This game looks like its been scrapped. :(

Wait .... what?!

Wait .... what?!

What? A lot of BS if you ask me...

A lot of BS if you ask me...

10 chars of THIS.

10 chars of THIS.

Agreed, his account seems to be a simple advertising for his gaming site. It should be considered as spaming IMHO.

Hi,

That's ridiculous... nothing points to it being scrapped.

After not searching around because there is nothing to find, and also not bothering to contact a few BI Mods/Admins and such because they won't answer my questions anyway, if they had information that was suited to public distribution, they would have published it already, I have come to the conclusion that this person's information is as credible as the reports on Iraqi WMDs by the CIA.

And furthermore, what ProfTournesol said. Check out his profile, full of the same link, posts he made, all with the same link as title, it's a human spambot. You should add "1701gaming.com" to the wordfilter so it is replaced by something else, preferably "bistudio.com" :D

Edited by JdB

Hi,

You on crack?

would be nice to be told by the developers that its not scrapped.

would be nice to be told by the developers that its not scrapped.

Why? This is no Duke Nukem Forever... All the BI marketing heat is now focused on ArmA2:OA, once the heat goes down I'm sure we'll get more info.

Hi,

1. With little advertisement the name alone can sell well

2. It is a perfect choice for BIS (not to far from other projects)

3. BIS is in no trouble

4. Do not believe forum talk, not even my :P

QuietMan