Sign in to follow this  
sesdelta38

Carrier Command & Consoles

Hello everyone! I researched this game recently and heard it's coming to consoles. Is that true? Sorry, if this has been asked before.

I would not count on it. BOHEMIA said ARMA2 would be on the console and it's not going to be. This game looks like it takes a lot more PC power to run. I don't know about the overall scale of the whole game but I don't think it will work on console if they can't get ARMA2 to work.

Hmm true,

But was Arma2 announced for the consoles, or was it just something BIS said? because this game seems to be announced...

The same thing at first yes on console then TBA then TBD then it was taking off the ARMA2 website and now the XBOX 360 thread is now shut down by the mod's.

This game is going to be the next step up from OFP/ARMA games if they can't get it to work on a console I don't think this game will. I hope I am wrong. I think the world of BOHEMIA as a game company.

Here's something I posted on a different forum regarding Arma II:

Initially, maybe a two years ago, there was an official console version announced. However, the console was never specified. Most evidence, including visual indicators and an interview with a BIS employee, shows support for the Xbox360.

BIS eventually said the reason they couldn't confirm anything further was because of Microsoft's/Sony's requirements that must be met. Basically, it seems to be a list that includes things like finding a publisher.

They said that several months ago and, as far as I know, there hasn't been any official word about a console version since. In fact, the official site no longer mentions a console version at all.

Here's something I posted on a different forum regarding Arma II:

Initially, maybe a two years ago, there was an official console version announced. However, the console was never specified. Most evidence, including visual indicators and an interview with a BIS employee, shows support for the Xbox360.

BIS eventually said the reason they couldn't confirm anything further was because of Microsoft's/Sony's requirements that must be met. Basically, it seems to be a list that includes things like finding a publisher.

They said that several months ago and, as far as I know, there hasn't been any official word about a console version since. In fact, the official site no longer mentions a console version at all.

You just restated what I have just said above. TY for your support.

Enough of that ArmA2 on consoles stuff here otherwise this thread faces the same fate as your closed ArmA2 on xbox thread and you can complain again at Placebo about me being 'ouf of control'. :rolleyes:

Enough of that ArmA2 on consoles stuff here otherwise this thread faces the same fate as your closed ArmA2 on xbox thread and you can complain again at Placebo about me being 'ouf of control'. :rolleyes:

Hey, I am just saying Just because it says on the website for console it may not be true just like what occurred with ARMA2. Until we see ingame videos of a console port we should not get our hopes up. This game looks like it's going to be great and with some updates to the game engine and gameplay with ARMA2 concepts. So my point is I hope this game gets a console port because I love BOHEMIA as a game company and the products.

I just don't want to put in the time into this game if in a few months or year BOHEMIA pulls the console port off the market. How can you not see that.

W0lle, look how you just talk to me with your replay. I have a very valid point. I put a lot of time trying to get console players to know about BOHEMIA as a company. Almost two years with ARMA2.

PS. It was not me who closed the thread it was all the PC players who did not want a ARMA2 port or the simple truth that ARMA2 will never see the console market. Don't blame me for that I blame you for not keeping the PC players off our backs. What makes you think that all the PC vc console stuff won't happen here.

The fact is most members of this forum are PC players and don't want games like this on the consoles because they feel it will make the game less. I am an old PC player who only has time to play for 1/2 to 1 hr a day due to real life and consoles just fit better for me. We have want over this many times.

The bottom line I want to support BOHEMIA and I play their products on a console. due what you are going to do I know you see my point now and everyone else as well.

Alright. I suggest we get back on topic here. It says on the Carrier Command website that they plan on bringing this to consoles. Hopefully that's true. According to some info I gathered, it will come out in the Spring and website list it as being on the consoles.

Why would'nt this work on consoles if they planned it from the beginning (instead of an afterthought like Arma2) and had more time to optimize and streamline the engine and environment ?

There seems to be a bit less clutter and objects to render, the AI might be less CPU intensive than Arma (Less objects and cities + aren't they supposed to be robots ?) + lots of water + probably more simple ballistics and flight models etc...

They did it with OFP ELITE and they obviously tried to port Arma 2 on consoles, and even if they didn't make it, they must have learned a lot from the experience (and the mistakes not to make in the game design). Overall, I don't really see why this would'nt be possible.

Why would'nt this work on consoles if they planned it from the beginning (instead of an afterthought like Arma2) and had more time to optimize and streamline the engine and environment ?

There seems to be a bit less clutter and objects to render, the AI might be less CPU intensive than Arma (Less objects and cities + aren't they supposed to be robots ?) + lots of water + probably more simple ballistics and flight models etc...

They did it with OFP ELITE and they obviously tried to port Arma 2 on consoles, and even if they didn't make it, they must have learned a lot from the experience (and the mistakes not to make in the game design). Overall, I don't really see why this would'nt be possible.

I hope your right. It would be great to see a BOHEMIA GAME on a console. Most console payers have no clue who BOHEMIA is as a company and what kind of games they make. So many questions about this game but like I said don't want to get my hope up to much at this time.

This game will never come out in the Spring BOHEMIA needs to still work on ARMA2 OA and bring that out. BOHEMIA is a small company with little man power to push out two games at the same time.