Sign in to follow this  
Mandingo

Early detection problems

I have noticed in my missions especially using Path Finding mods for the AI that as soon as the mission starts some AI units will come looking for you even though they have not or should have not detected you yet.

Is there anyway to stop this from happening or someway to make sure all AI units remain in a certain radius of the area you placed them in?

Thanks

try UPSMON with parameters "NOMOVE" or "FORTIFY"and tells me the result.

Hi Monsada, sorry but im new to scripting therefore need alittle more help. Where exactly should I put "NOMOVE" or "FORTIFY" Parameters? I am already using the UPSMON but the guys are leaving the grid area I give them and come looking for me.

Yhanks for your help...

Could anyone help me with the Parameters monsada has mentioned above. I am not sure where or what to do..

Thanks...

Put this in the init field of your AI unit (the leader, that is):

nul=[this,"town", "move","reinforcement:",1, "delete:",600] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

All you have to do is change "move" to "NOMOVE" or "FORTIFY"

And the "town" parameter is the actual name of the marker you created that want the patrol to belong to and patrol around.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Best, Splicer.

Hi Splicer, ok I did what you mentioned below and it seemed to make things worse, the enemy became hell bent on their attack and they all charged out of the town and came flying down a road in their jeeps guns blazing. I used "Fortify" and I used "NOMOVE" but maybe there is somthing I am not quite understanding here. everything else was followed to the T as in your post.

My objective of course as you know is to ensure the units I pace in a marker stay in that marker area and only engage me from within the zone looking out or of course if I am in it as well then I would expect them to become very excited.

Please can you elaborate on what the actions would be for each of the "NOMOVE" and "FORTIFY"commands?