Hello, are there any commands that can make an artillery to aim upwards like he's targeting a long distance targets?

You could use the doWatch command. There you can also use an array with the height. 5000 should be fine (e.g. this doWatch [(position this) select 0,(position this) select 1,5000]).

E: If you want the arty target something special you can also write in the init of the gun:

this doWatch [(position target) select 0,(position target) select 1,5000]

target = name of the target :)

Edited by MichaelGER

Hi, how do I keep AI units from boarding into the vehicle. the leader of the unit tells them to board. I want them to walk. the Vehicle I'm tryin to keep them away from also is a part of the unit. I want them to move to a destination without getting in the vehicle.

Hi, I'm using the "commandFollow" and "doFollow" to make a unit follow another unit but nothing seems to be working, whether in via radio or its inits.

do these commands work at all?

Hi, I'm using the "commandFollow" and "doFollow" to make a unit follow another unit but nothing seems to be working, whether in via radio or its inits.

do these commands work at all?

they do work yes, i have the working all the time! make sure there named for some reason that usally works!

example: man1 doFollow leader1; so yeah im pretty sure that would work..im at my rl work so i cant test, so let me know ill be on for a while! btw i have another solution to making the guns(any gun..be it m2 mg or m119 howitzer) it will work so you dont need to define a target to aim at, with the simple init line writing you can make the gunner aim it into any direction, at any angle!

however as i said im at work, and i dont remeber it off my head but go to armaholic and dl my very nice, and very accurate FOB's\Bases template! the accurate FireBase in thier has the guns set up and are made to easily be edited!

http://armaholic.com/page.php?id=10098 = my template...which as everyone else you are free to edit and release as your own work!

btw feel free to pm me directly if you need help and dont no answers, but its always good to wait a while...as it takes a bit of time for ppl to find your post...belive me!:D

Hi, I'm trying manual artillery to work and this is the command I am using

this doWatch [(position target) select 0,(position target) select 1,5000]

my artillery is basically going to watch the specified target at an elevation of 5000.

what I want to know is, can the artillery find and calculate the elevation to a target without me telling the gun to elevate

also the artillery computer has the ranges for the shots, such as close, medium, far. is there a code that I can use to select the shot range?

ok, I was able to get the gun to elevate by itself upon being given the target location by using these codes below

#redo

_K =M119

_Z =target

_K = _this select 0;

_Z = _this select 1;

_X = getPos _Z select 0;

_Y = getPos _Z select 1;

_K doWatch [_X,_Y,(getPos _this select 1)];

~5

_K fire"M119"

goto"redo"

but now the shots are inaccurate when the target is greater or less than 5000 meters

can anyone try to find a solution for this?

Edited by killerwhale

Do you really need to have artillery firing from 5000 meters couldn't you just spawn the rounds over the target.

If you do need the actual artillery pieces then using the SOM module should work. You just need to search for it to find the best way to set it up.