Sign in to follow this  
Aeneas2020

Texview 2 Crash

Ok guys i did a forum search and no one seems to be having this prob. My texview crashes when i try to do anything. I click File>open and it crashes.. etc etc (i mean it just shuts itself down). The only way for me to get a texture into it is to drag and drop the texture in. But even when i do that and hit save (dropping a .tga in and trying to save as a .paa) it says it has saved yet no .paa file appears? What am i doing wrong?

Are they your own textures? Are they "legacy" textures from a previous project? I get a crash every now & then with some older textures, in those cases I need to go back to the TGA files and PAA them up from those.

I think there is some compression differences between the current release of TexView2 and the last one.

I've had it crash every now and again when I am trying to use a file I created but generally saving it as a TGA and then trying again usually fixes the problem. Does it happen every single time?

I have the same problems with the application as Aeneas had. Is there any solution since?

Mine Texview 2.0 always crashing when i click open and then desktop = crash :( I have Win7 32bit before when i had WinXP this crash wasnt there

I have Win7 64bit and I have not problems.

NOTE for Users:

When you select Save, and select .paa and .pac from the menu, you STILL have to add .paa to your filename.

Is there any other program that can convert TGA to PAA? Photoshop PAA plugin apparently makes ArmA ctd...

Drag and drop for me also. But kinda used to it already :) The bug seems to be in the open and save dialogs. They crash when you try to change folder. So when tou want to open a file just drag drop and when you save just save in the same folder, with the extension of course.

.... its starting to sound like problems I've had in the past with other software (in W7 x64).

The problem is related to Permissions (admin etc) and the directory in which the software was located.

Does everyone have the BIS tools loaded into the default install location?

Program Files (x86) in my case.

I'm trying to make a texture but everytime I drag it into texview it simply says: error loading file "D:Documents and settings\Gordon Freeman\My Documents\Aliens stuff\Pulse Rifle\Pulse_Rifle_Blueprint.GIF"

I've tried it in 800x600 and 1280x720 but it says the same thing everytime.... Same when I try to convert it in o2 Can anyone offer any help?

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Oh no in o2 I get some Longassed message: Cannot convert " D:\same thing.Gif" to "D:\Same thing.pac". Its driving me nuts.. I cant figure out why I cant use o2 anymore

You should not be using textures that are not ^2

256x256

512x256

1024x1024

1024x512

etc

etc

Doing it with 512x256 textures that are gifs and its still not working in either program

Try 32bit .TGA. I've always had issues converting .GIFs (mainly when I save them they look like crap because of quality loss).

My Texview2 crashes too if I open the "open window" and change the folder.

My Texview2 crashes too if I open the "open window" and change the folder.

Is does that for me too. I have 32bit VISTA, maybe thats something to do with it.

just drag&drop files into the texView window, and save in the same folder.

Thats an easy-enough work around, and whilst I can't speak for ziiip's motive for posting, mine was to point out that it crashes and should maybe get fixed, or to find out if its just the two of us in the entire community having the issue.

If you reported the crash when prompted to do so by Windows then it might get fixed.

That being said, doesn't the game support other formats?

I highly dislike .paa because I can only view certain files that I created with Texview.

Edited by callihn

Vista 32: Crash on open/(change folder)

Cannot view all .paa

I have a .paa I can view, so when I save I just overwrite that exsisting .paa and it saves. I drag and drop all images I want to convert into the folder I'm stuck in. I WAS able to change folders ONCE, right after initial instillation. This is now my .paa conversion folder, as its a quick work around to the bug.