Sign in to follow this  
Aeneas2020

Belgian Army

Nice, i was waiting for someone to make belgian soldier's!

they look very good!

and btw if the Netherlands are going to invade belgium we are death...

they have apache's we have... augusta's

they have leopard 2 tanks... we replace our tanks with apc's

and i can go on like this for a while... :(

but anyway i still love this country even after all the mistakes they made.

and im glad that we are part of the NATO so no dutch invasion yet :D

Nice, i was waiting for someone to make belgian soldier's!

they look very good!

and btw if the Netherlands are going to invade belgium we are death...

they have apache's we have... augusta's

they have leopard 2 tanks... we replace our tanks with apc's

and i can go on like this for a while... :(

but anyway i still love this country even after all the mistakes they made.

and im glad that we are part of the NATO so no dutch invasion yet :D

The Belgian army still has quite a few tanks and the equipment is mainly the same as the Dutch army.

As for the Agusta-scandal... that seems to be solved as they also have apaches now.

Anyways, the soldiers of both countries request for their barracks in Afghanistan and such to be close to each other so they get along just fine :D the beer flows like crazy too.

For the mod I do agree that we need an FNC and maybe a minimi though.

I like the camo on the belgians. Its better then these Marpat thingies to me. Anyway nice looking mod, ive been looking forward to the belgians in arma 2. I would have made them myself, but i lack the Knowledge to do so. So thanks for making the mod Aeneas2020.

ps : the camo isn't useless, ive used it myself and its quite good in the forests of the ardens.

Erniemater

The Belgian army still has quite a few tanks and the equipment is mainly the same as the Dutch army.

As for the Agusta-scandal... that seems to be solved as they also have apaches now.

Anyways, the soldiers of both countries request for their barracks in Afghanistan and such to be close to each other so they get along just fine :D the beer flows like crazy too.

i dont tink the Belgian army has apaches,

but i do support them cuz they are going to buy new NH90's an some airbus400M's so they do make some good decisions :)

and indeed i to see no problems between belgium and holland,

we have a lot in common and can get along just fine.

As for the mod,

they indeed would look realy nice with the correct FNC and minimi's :)

I once to had the idea of creating an belgian army mod but when i saw how hard it is to make mods i gave up the thought...

sometimes i even find it hard to make decent missions with the editor :o

And keep up the good work Aeneas2020 cant wait for the release!

We don't have tracked tanks anymore, an our equipement is not so close from the dutchs ...

Currently the belgian army is doing away with almost all their tracked vehicles and replacing them with wheeled ones. The thinking behind this is that the belgian army will mainly be deployed as a peace keeping force and it's main role will be patrolling on roads and in built up areas....thats why :D

If i was in charge i would buy some leopard 2 tanks and Eurocopter Tiger's,

+ some more infantry and we would be able to make a diffrence!:D

And i find the idea of a peace keeping force a bit stupid,

give the police assault rifle's and apc's and you got jourself a nice peacekeeping force,

a millitairy schould not be used as a peacekeeping force they need to cruch your enemy's!(taliban):p

But hey that's my idea of the millitairy,

i support NATO so i tink i can join the british millitiary if i want to see some action :)

i've improved it since those pics but i haven't worked on them for about 3 weeks. i just got back from hols so i'll start work on them again when i get back in the groove

leave some countries for others to make :P hehe looks good :)

If anything, Aeneas's workrate should enforce others to work harder if they want to make a country's soldiers before he does them :p

Well the thing is i only make armies that are a) requested directly to me or b) that no one else is working on...(other than the Danes). Generally i have tried to focus on smaller european countries who have a small dedicated community because they deserve to see their forces in game, even if in most cases i simply provide them with reskins. I know how frustrating i find it when brits aren't included in games...or when they are they only include the special forces.

was taking the piss but yea fair point :P

seeing as you are taking a break from this, are you going to release 'as is' or are they still in a bit of a pre-alpha state?

I dunno if i get a chance tonight i'll take a look at them...if someone wants to help me out getting them to use the belgian weapons (i have permission from vilas using his p85 mod to use the mlods etc)...i just need help configging etc and they are good to go. So if anyone is interested pm me.

i can...sort of do configs...very limited in what i can do though. If its just simply giving them weapons and stuff then i might be able to help out.

belgbanner.jpg

belgian13032010a.th.jpg

belgian13032010b.th.jpg

belgian13032010c.th.jpg

In case you are wondering... I have been working on these guys during my break. My lovely wife kindly sent me the configs and I have been working on them and sending the info back to her. So here is the latest WIP. I will release once i get the permission talked about below and once I can explain winrar to the wife.

I am currently using the FFAA mod's FALs for their weapons however I would like to get permission to use them before i release these guys...also have some config tweaks to fix.

Edited by Aeneas2020

Looking really good Aeneas, they look 10 times better with a FAL in their hands, thx for update and a big thx to your wife for helping you out!

great job

SF do but im not a weapons modeller and I am not aware of an addon that makes them so for now the FAL will do.

SF do but im not a weapons modeller and I am not aware of an addon that makes them so for now the FAL will do.

Icebreakr has some for his Slovenian units mate. :)