Sign in to follow this  
d3lta

How I Use the ACE's Nuke without a plane and EASA module?

Hi masters

I want to use the nuke bomb present in ACE2 without to use a fighter ou easa module.. I wanto to put the nuke in a vehicle or ground station and detonation by radio.

How I do this?

Best Regards

:confused:

or have a look in the csupport script nuke option in GITS Evolution - or the scripts mdst2 which basically detonates a nuke at a given location.

by Evil_Echo

"Scripting of ACE nukes is not supported."

OMG...

I want only a nuke addon or script that runs single or MP.... :(

by Evil_Echo

"Scripting of ACE nukes is not supported."

OMG...

I want only a nuke addon or script that runs single or MP.... :(

Scripting outside of using ACE supplied routines is not supported.

Check the ticket Sickboy mentioned. There is new code coming out just to support mission makers for the very thing you want to do.

Documentation already out on the BI wiki as well.

Last ACE version (TODAY)

Added

ACE Support vehicleClass [sickboy]

Mission Maker variable to disable sys_maptools [rommel]

New API function ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst [Evil_Echo]

I'm going to test this function....

Thanks masters!!!

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Update:

Yeaahhhhh, WOW!!! I resolved my problem now with ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst and last ACE update !!

blast.jpg

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Glad it worked so nicely for you.

I think it would need the trees were felled too, and the line of vision of explosion, increased in multiplayer..

But, for now is excelent for me.

thanks a lot.

Best regards!!

Trees and fences are unclassed objects - working on a way to whack them.

Sorry fellas.... but want to open this again..

I want to do a similar thing and that is just really simple stupid trigger detection... I.e. Opfor get into an area a timer starts on the trigger and when time runs out...BOOM!

So I placed a trigger, Opfor present... and the following code in the init activation of the trigger:

ACE_NukeMarker = false;
ACE_NukeFallout = false;
sleep 1800;
["ACE_B61_50", (getPosATL Nuke_logic)] call ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst;

Now it is probably painfully obvious why this is not working...but the ACE wiki does not explain at all well how a 'layman' is supposed to use the above code...??

Do you need to place a logic, do you need to place a module... Can someone just describ a simple idiots guide as to how to place a nuke bomb please? For example...I have absolutely NO clue what an API is? Can I ask that anyone who writes info on the wiki gives it the 'KISS' treatment... it will help a lot of us less intelligent mission makers.. :D Cheers..

BD1

Definition of API.

The routine is documented in the same style as BI uses on their wiki, with perhaps more examples.

ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst takes two arguments, ammunition name and position. It does not care how you generate that location.

Offhand - the snippet of code you used looks fine. So my best guess is that the location is invalid.

A simple debug statement will show what is wrong.

hint format["%1", getPosATL Nuke_logic];

Thanks Echo......but still a little confused, so bear with me.

Here is what I did:

I created a trigger...

Set it to Opfor present - once -

Placed the code mentioned previously into the on activation field of the trigger...

Once I did this... I walked my Opfor into the target trigger area...NADA...nothing happens.

The trigger activates as a hint I included comes up... but no bomb...

So therefore I know I am missing something, but none of the descriptions shed any light as to what I am missing.

So is it possible to get a REALLY simply step by step as to what you need to include and in where...to help those of us who have ZERO programming ability or understanding...

Many Thanks

BD1

Silly question then. Did you create a game logic at ground zero and name it "Nuke_logic"? That is what your code is looking for.

If not - I'll do you a favor ( this time ). I'll look over the mission if you can attach it to a private message to me and see what I can do.

Bingo.... and there is the stupid mistake I was making... Thank you sir... I was lacking a game logic.

I know it may seem obvious to some... but to the rest of us... this scripting lark is complete voodoo! :D

All sorted now... many thanks for your help.

BD1

My mission stopped to work with last version stable of ACE , the ["ACE_B61_50", (getPosATL nukeX)] call ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst fails...

Is ACE supporting ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst yet?

Best Regards......

ACE related questions belong in the ACE thread.

That includes editing questions for content delivered with ther ACE mod.

I was just informed this is no longer part of the ACE mod, but its still available with Mando Missiles for Arma 2 of which you can find the topic here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89912&page=284

Sorry for pointing you into the wrong direction at first and thanks to Evil_Echo for pointing me at my error.

Edited by Guest