Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

Library: Class names and pictures of natural objects

Hi folks!

As I was plantin' my vegetation on the map, I realized what pain in the ass it was, actually not knowing which file was which plant and how it looked like :confused:

I once found this fine library here:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/

But soon I found out it lacked the natural objects....

So I created a little sth...at least for the BI ARMA2 default objects...

Content of plants2_tree.pbo:

plants2tree.th.jpg

Content of plants2_bush.pbo:

plants2bush.th.jpg

Content of plants2_plant.pbo:

plants2plant.th.jpg

Maybe I will do this for other kinds of objects as well....comes time, comes motivation :bounce3:

Bye

i luv it when someone does what i'm too lazy for...no serious, this is GREAT!!!

Thanks ZeroG. Can we get these files put up on a sticky for mission designers to see? This would help the community as it wouldn't need to be hosted on Imageshack. I mean they are not big files ZeroG right? If not these should be hosted on the forums in this subforum. I just hope imageshack doesn't randomly take these images down after so many days...

If not these should be hosted on the forums in this subforum. I just hope imageshack doesn't randomly take these images down after so many days...

Click the image until its the biggest size possible on you screen, then Right-Click and Save Picture As to your local harddrive.

is there a way to find the class name for these plants? So if you wanted to spawn one?

Unluckily, I never found class names for these trees anywhere! I thought about adding them for my warfare BE modification as kind of "natural camo"...

Most of the plants are not defined ... you would need to run an editor update or make your own classes for them ;)

Yup.... plants don't have a config normally... you need an Editor Update made by someone like... Gnome maybe? ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Yeah..so GNOME, got the order ??! :p

Good job there, Nephris!!!! Could come in handy for another version of SHEZAN's world tools!

Edited by ZeroG

Could come in handy for another version of SHEZAN's world tools!

Good idea ZeroG... I did WorldTools definitions with pictures for me & Betons Summerplants pack just a couple of days ago and passed them on to Shezan to include in his next update... it was amazingly easy to do since Shez has included automatic clipboard detection in the pictures section... cunning!...

I'll take quick grabs of Nephris's pics - drop them into worldtools and send Shezan those definitions too...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I already updated it with a few 100 ojects more, so if ya interested,i can upload the updated gallery .

Nevertheless i must clearly state, that some object definition were wrong grabbed by the script.I do not know how many, i would suppose @ 2-5%.

This is refering to the class hint on the right top of the object.

Some are just careless mistakes others are due the point i couldnt trigger them.

But well 2-5% was acceptable for my use...

Yeah..so GNOME, got the order ??!

Lol, ROGER!

Did I mention how much I love config work? I will finish those up this week. I'm somewhat on vacation, so I'll have time give myself a headache. Think I was looking for clutter cutter solution to include in the full versions is all that is really lacking. That and renaming some 100+ odd buildings in the A2 package. :rolleyes:

I have a reference for all the OA plants/rocks. I'll upload a .pdf here in a few to add to ZeroG's info.

Oops ... almost forgot, again. Neph even reminded me last week. :icon_ohmygod:

Anyway, without further brain failure ... my OA bush/clutter/misc/plant/tree reference pdf:

ASG_OA_Plants_Ref.pdf

If anyone has issues with the size of the images (ie.. you might be half blind), let me know.I do have much larger source images and can recompile things.

If someone wants to reorganzie or whatever 1000x720px png files. (56mb .rar)

Cheers

(in the right thread this time..)

Edited by Gnome_AS

Visual Library - BIS Object Models

Hi all,

Was thinking of another, sort of interactive way to do this ......

Using a single P3D file with multiple Proxies in it, you can create a visual library (in Buldozer) of sorts.

Made a start here.

They are layed out in a 6 column grid, proxies lined up in exactly the same order as they appear in the CA directories.

CLUTTER

_Plants2Clutter.jpg

Link: ArmA2 Clutter P3D FILE

_PlantsEClutter.jpg

Link: ArmA2OA Clutter P3D FILE

Edited by [APS]Gnat