Sign in to follow this  
Unkn0wn

Map Making

hi i am a newbie at map making i figured out how to finally get a satellite image in visitor 3 so im done making my map and i clicked export world and it says export as .wrp file and when i export it comes out as a .hpp and the file size is 0kb so i was wondering what i have to do after this step to set my map up to be ready for arma2

It generates both a hpp and a wrp file.

The hpp is usually an empty file unless your naming locations.

Are you sure theres no WRP file there ?

yup positive

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

yup just a empty hpp file no wrp file

You've probably already done this but I would save it with a specific name and then run a search for that name. If it is generating the hpp it is likely generating the wrp file as well.

alright thnx man ill run a search

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

yea something is messed up i exported it to a folder and there was only a hpp file i ran a search it found the wrp file but when i click on it, it says file no longer exists i dont know why when i dident even mess with it

That's strange indeed. Try exporting again. First, make sure your program preferences are set correctly. Very odd... let me know if it worked.

yea i am using sgtaces tutorial i followed all the steps and at the import satellite + mask i got an error message that might be why but i am not sure i get an error message saying :Error saving 'p:\p:\tut\tut_samplemap\data\Layers\S_000_000_lco.png after the import mask layer

Make sure your path is correct; if the path is as you posted then visitor does not like the double p:\.

Come to think of it, visitor doesn't like a lot of things...

Edited by hsvmann78
why do they have two slashes anyway?

ohhh i see what i did wrong lol it already had a p: included and i added a extra lol

Yeah, little things like that or a missing ; will really cause problems. On the bright side, it gets worse the deeper into map making you get... oh, wait, I guess that's not a positive at all.

:)