Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

Celle

@TheHarvesteR

It's fairly straight forward, I will be porting my modified version over soon

@theHarvesteR

I posted a detailed guide on how to do a basic Domination port to any island... HERE

It can be done easily in a few hours for Main Targets-only versions... doing all the sidemissions would take longer, but it's just as straightforward... mostly just a case of copying numbers.....

Same procedure basically applies to all versions, though I use the "Everon West AI" version as an example...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Any news on a fix for the water? Such a great map but having to use the original atm. I wonder if its possible that a mod could be made to overlay the water effect if the original island maker is busy with other projects?

Cheers,

T

The problem is: I don't know how to fix it...

The river-bug (missing water surface) is a shame. :( But i love Celle anyway! It's such a great map, I kind of feel at home in it. It looks pretty much as Denmark as well. Flat, small cities, fields on fields on woods <3 :)

One thing I noticed is the object texture / distance. Maybe it's just me, but no matter what i turn my visibility to and if I put 'Object Texture' to very high the textures on objects / units just shifts to low, bad and square wheels etc very early and without being far away. I mean. Really close. 20 meters away maybe, it starts to go really bad. Im not 100% sure but I havent noticed this in other maps before. And usually i play with obj. texture on Normal.

Edit: Besides that, the map is awesome. It runs very smooth and usually allows me to crank all video settings a notch up without any serious fps drops. :yay:

I noticed something that could help to find the reason for the river surface disappearing.

While even using the first version 1.0, when artillery shells hit the water in the south western part of the map, the splashing water particles get swept away

by an enormous wind like a hurrican like 100m per second.

I am not so familiar with visitor but isnt there a setting that you can use to set wind strength for example for high mountaineous region surfaces? It might be something with the surface. Because the smoke that the shells develop react normally once in the air.

Maybe that is what is wrong in that area.

If this might not have anything to do with it, i apologize.

I like the map and wish you to find a solution.

I just want to say thanks Mondkalb for this awesome map, i downloaded it ages ago, had a quick run around got bored and never returned until a few days ago, upon more exploration and playing some good missions i have discovered its a beautiful map and runs like a dream :D im downloading V1.1 and hope not too many of those large areas have gone.

The best part is sitting at the edge of a forest deciding whether or not to make a run to the other side!? them forests are great, this map could be rural New Zealand with a few cows and milking station :p

I know the place also, whent thru there, in there and out there, flew over it in the years

81-82, lot's of Snackbar's along the road, never got hungry there while doing my army

Time for the dutch forces in germany, 43Tkb SSV Squadron Langemanshoff

I was a scout at that time, nice to see this again, give's me flashback lmao :D

Celle, wil never forget it.... nice work Mondkalb ...

Any news of when we will see an update?

The Island is great and will even better once the few problems are sorted.

He said he doesn't know how to fix them. I love this map, but I can't use it because of that water issue.

Wow, why didn't I see this map before? I live about 30km away from Celle. :D

Must download.

Fantastic map. I know it has been released for some time now, but I only had the chance to check it out now. This is awesome. It's really a shame that no solution for the water issue can be found. In any case that's a perfect playground for tank combat. I guess I'll check out the BW mod on this map and since DAC has been released I guess it's perfect for some dynamic missions.

thanks for this great Island.

Kind regards

Hey Mondkalb...

Did you ever figure out your missing river problem?

I think it's something to do with "infinite land"... I've got the same problem on my WIP island... See This Post for pics...

Without infinite terrain enabled the borders look like crap, but the sea - or in your case, river - looks fine... with infinite land enabled I get a "missing sea tile"...

Sometimes I do some work on the terrain, rebinarize for a look and theres 3 or 4 tiles missing from the same area, next time I binarize it's maybe back to 1 again, but with infinite terrain enabled theres always at least one missing...

Its gonna be a while before I finish my project, so apart from the generalised public whine in that thread link I put the issue on the back burner for now, but it's... interesting, I guess, to see that it's not just me it happens to...

If you have the time, try binarizing a test version with the "outside terrain" parameters removed from the island config - see if the damned river comes back... bet it does...

I don't have a solution as yet, I'm afraid... right now its crap looking borders or a hole in the sea...

B

Hello, I love the map, excellent for tank battles and such. However, i don't know if its just me... but do the streetlights work on Celle? I'm currently making a night mission, yet none of the lights in the towns etc are on. Pitch blackness.

Do i have to use a script to switch the lights on? Or has the OA patches broken something?

Did update something for Celle in the next time? I asking because some building and objects didn't look like german.

After I play on your map with AO the rivers and water looks better.

Found config error, please fix:

Updating base class Wall->Land_MBG_AusguckCE, by mbg_celle_objects\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Zidka03/

class Land_Zidka03: Land_MBG_AusquckCE -> class Land_Zidka03: Wall

Not sure if these belong to your map;

Updating base class House->House_EP1, by ca\structures_e\housek\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Terrace_K_1_EP1/

Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Camp/

First would mean: class Land_Terrace_K_1_EP1: House -> class Land_Terrace_K_1_EP1: House_EP1

Second should mean "CAMisc3" missing from requiredAddons[]=

Edited by Sickboy

Found config error, please fix:

Demanding a fix for an 1.5 year old AddOn over a totally irrelevant .rpt error is kinda interesting...

Demanding? He asked nicely for it.

That aside breaking config inheritance is not at all a totally irrelevant .rpt error.

The error breaks other addons.