Sign in to follow this  
Variable

CiA co-op night

Yet another YouTube video of our latest Sunday's coop night. Nice AT action...

osDpA2c1trc

First post edited with Tuesday as an additional official CiA coop night. Join Up!

Sorry for OT...

Do you have anything planned for todays great OFP anniversary?

I´d (+2 or 4 nice guys) love to re-experience some of the great moments we´ve had playing with you guys back when FDF was first released.

What better way could there be to celebrate? :)

Another coop night video:

oQkOJrJ0j2U

Another video, now of a BAF mission.

British Armed Forces mission - Clearing an insurgent infested village. Wildcat insertion, support and extraction. Nice quick mission.

Sound mod used - JSRS.

Participants -

Nikkiler (french accent, Wildcat pilot)

Overlord [CiA] (Norwegian accent, second in command)

Blake

Musroom

Jager

Variable [CiA] (Israeli accent, low volume voice, team leader)

C3VA9mfFGx0

Sorry for OT...

Do you have anything planned for todays great OFP anniversary?

I´d (+2 or 4 nice guys) love to re-experience some of the great moments we´ve had playing with you guys back when FDF was first released.

What better way could there be to celebrate? :)

Hey Burns, somehow your question was left unanswered. Sorry about that...

Do you guys play Arma 2? We play it every Sunday and Tuesday. About OFP- you might wanna check our forums, more details are there.

Yet another coop video:

The last action packed minutes of the mission. Taking over an enemy vehicle,

destroying the scud and extracting by little-bird.

No recording of my microphone input.

Mission created by Lothrigen.

Addons used - JSRS sound mod.

Participants:

Overlord [CiA]

Misha

Jager

Variable[CiA]

sdZjrIewt40

Edited by Variable

Pro as always, Mr Variable.

Hey Hund! I Hope that ACE2 +ACRE will be finalized soon so we would meet again on Zeus nights :)

That would indeed be a hoot. Maybe we should look into a joint op or somesuch, might be fun.

I was looking into getting your ofp mods a while back (and got em) but these days I'm running CWA, so no dice there. Some day soon tho :D

Hey Hund! I Hope that ACE2 +ACRE will be finalized soon so we would meet again on Zeus nights :)

They won't get "finalized" until ArmA3 comes out. The new content and improvements are constantly being made.

You should've started playing a long time ago with ACE already.

It doesn't have any more bugs than vanilla game but gives you much more

I am afraid Mr. Metalcraze is right, ACE and ACRE will indeed be works in progress until pigs can fly - such is the nature of the beast. They do work very nicely nowadays, with very few serious errors. However, I sometimes miss the old days where I didn't have to fiddle around with all sorts of gadgetry to do the simplest little things. :D

Play in HD and turn up your volume. Such a fun mission that was. It took 90 minutes to complete, I managed to edit it to 10 minutes. That was hard...

Enjoy!

mpYq2TbO3YA

:bounce3:

I would like to join sometime, but im not sure about the time because i live in germany and are unable to play at 03:00 at night... :p

Also, if you play missions without the need for any addon, is it still required to have FDF mod, Thirsk Island and Kuik winter camos ?

Hey Wiggum! First of all, as you might already know, I (and I dare to say we on CiA) like your missions, we will be glad if you join us on our coops.

The server time is Norway's so there is no time difference for you as you live in Germany! :) We start to play at 20:00 CET (Germany time) on Sundays and Tuesdays. We can play until midnight, but players are free to leave when they have to, of course.

Regarding addons: It is required to install the addons listed on our needed addons list (http://www.ciahome.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=918&Itemid=18). You can connect to the server without the needed addons but risk being unable to play an addon mission, if one is selected.

I understand you are reluctant to install addons? It's really a simple process and we can guide and offer help if needed. It's really worth it...

I will send you the server password in a PM.

Looking forward to playing with you!

Nice to hear that you like my missions, thats why i have done them.

Ok, sounds good. I will take part at Tuesday. :)

About the addons:

Do you use the versions aviable at armaholic.com ?

For example Thirsk Island v1.0 is aviable there but i think there are other versions out for Sixupdater for example.

Nice to hear that you like my missions, thats why i have done them.

Ok, sounds good. I will take part at Tuesday. :)

About the addons:

Do you use the versions aviable at armaholic.com ?

For example Thirsk Island v1.0 is aviable there but i think there are other versions out for Sixupdater for example.

If there are newer versions for Thirsk, I don't think we are aware of them. Any idea Overlord?

Wiggum, it's safer for you to get the Armaholic version, and we will look into this issue further.

Edited by Variable

Oh, i think there is no issue (maybe there isnt a new version out already).

I just dont like it that some addons are only updated through stuff like the SixUpdater or Yoma.

So if you use the armaholic versions then im happy ! ;)

EDIT: Oh, and im really happy that you dont use ACE !

Keeping it simple and fun !

Edited by Wiggum

EDIT: Oh, and im really happy that you dont use ACE ! Keeping it simple and fun !

Yep :) no plans to switch to ACE either.

Thanks for the funny Coop session guys, i will try to show up again next time and maybe bring a mission for testing... :)

Thanks for the funny Coop session guys, i will try to show up again next time and maybe bring a mission for testing... :)

That's good news, and we are happy that you liked playing with us. Hoping to see you regularly!