Sign in to follow this  
Variable

CiA co-op night

@Variable

ppl talk about address in your signature I think :rolleyes:

Both were wrong, now both are fixed. Thanks!

Remember some great OFP missions with you CiA guys back then! Great to see you evolved to ArmA II. If allowed I may drop in someday to participate in the fun...

/KC

Remember some great OFP missions with you CiA guys back then! Great to see you evolved to ArmA II. If allowed I may drop in someday to participate in the fun...

/KC

Password sent via PM KeyCat. Hoping to see you back on the server!

Password sent via PM KeyCat. Hoping to see you back on the server!

Thank you!

Can't say when but will (most likely) drop by some Tuesday.

/KC

I hope I recieve my new videocard in time to join..

During the last time I played with CiA I got all sorts of weird checkers and lines on my screen, and since then it booted 3 times, and now my monitor doesn't even turn on :(

you guys broke my videocard, I demand 183€ for replacement coverage! :P

So what's the death rate with AA2 AI now? It isn't that blind and deaf like in OFP without WGL anymore.

Maybe I'll join some time too if you don't mind.

Requesting the password. Will try to join in around the weekends. Played with you in OFP a very few times and had no clue where to go and what to do. Let's see how Arma2 treats me ;)

Anyway good luck all.

So what's the death rate with AA2 AI now? It isn't that blind and deaf like in OFP without WGL anymore.

Maybe I'll join some time too if you don't mind.

Requesting the password. Will try to join in around the weekends. Played with you in OFP a very few times and had no clue where to go and what to do. Let's see how Arma2 treats me ;)

Anyway good luck all.

Password sent via PMs. Take into consideration that not on Tuesdays the server runs sometimes OFP and needs to be restarted with ArmA 2. If you want ArmA 2, simply leave a message here or post a "shout" on our homepage (right hand side of it).

Thanks to all who joined on Tuesday and on Saturday! Was great fun. For those who look for the server and can't find it- It sometimes run OFP so it won't be visible through ArmA 2. If you want the server restarted for ArmA 2 coop and you don't see it, leave us a message here or on our "Shout" box on our homepage. The server runs ArmA 2 regularly on Tuesdays.

And now, for some screenshots!

arma22010032100444575.jpg

arma22010032100443766.jpg

arma22010031623260902.jpg

A rather big CiA ArmA 2 coop is anticipated tonight, around 8 players. Join up!

Damn I totally forgot! Next time ill be there

Thanks to all who joined! Zeus guys, we hope to see you all again, was fun hosting you guys. I guess that until next time there won't be any technical difficulties.

arma22010032321243114.jpg

arma22010032321351823.jpg

arma22010032321520828.jpg

arma22010032322192552.jpg

arma22010032322431514.jpg

The defense mission started out very well with good teamwork, sadly the server didn't want to co-operate :(. Any idea what was wrong with it in the end?

Also I hope you wont change to ACE anytime soon. I prefer the vanilla as it makes things more simple and that fits to the slightly more casual (yet still mature) style of CiA co-op nights.

I think we stay with (almost) vanilla AA2 for a while. Even if Ace-updating is quite automated nowadays there is still several updates a week. And who knows what happens with Ace and all missions build for Ace on the next AA2 patch?

And it's always possible to run different mods too as we do with OFP.

To speak for myself I think a mission should be more about tactic than technicalities.

Have you thought of adding some terrain addons for the server, such as Podagorsk and Celle?

I was thinking of Podagorsk and Thirsk. What do you guys say? Shall we add some new custom islands?

All depends on how much download size you want to have, but if you're sticking to non-CAA1 islands than at least Quesh Kibrul is a must as it's the biggest Arma 2 city. Podagorsk and Thirsk are decent and while they offer a bit more than Chernarus offers they don't offer a whole lot more.

Quesh-kibrul looks certainly nice but I think it would need some desert units too to make most out of it. I would vote for Podagorsk first because I think there are plenty of missions for it already that don't require any other addons.

Regarding terrain I am for including custom islands, but not any other custom addons. Sergeant Ace's Everon is another island for which there are already quite a few missions.

Regards,

Sander

You can always easily edit the addon-units out of the mission if you have the addon yourself, if you want to save others the trouble of downloading it.

It would be nice to have some variety in the islands. The Nature in Podagorsk looks/feels a bit too much like Chernarus in my opinion, but I guess the missions would be still worth of playing. At least we must have Everon (to play Sander's missions). Thirsk would be definately nice too, along with its winter version.

EDIT: Also note the download sizes, as galzohar already mentioned... most of the islands seem to be around or more than 600 MB each, when Everon is much smaller (180 MB).

Edited by Osku

My friend and I would like to play ArmA 2 COOP sometime if allowed. Variable, I sent you a PM.

Looking foward!

Do you have what it takes to enter Chernorous wite the CiA?

arma22010042700590151.th.png

arma22010020222294974.th.png

arma22010013021301978.th.png

arma22010042700562018.th.png

arma22010020221421902e.th.png

If so why dont join?