Sign in to follow this  
Variable

CiA co-op night

AxkiVua.gif?1

Comrades in  Arms hosts an Arma 2 coop night for serious team players on every Tuesday at 20:00 CET. During summer, daylight-saving time will be in effect. If you are uncertain of the current server time check it here.

CiA have been running serious coop games for the past nine years. We are mostly known for our strict but simple modus operandi during our missions. There are no trainings or role playing; we concentrate on the mission and the ways to complete it, that's it. We choose a commander, lay out a plan, and during its execution we follow the team leader's orders carefully. In spite of that, the atmosphere is light and calm. Every one, including guests, can lead in our games. However, once a leader was chosen everybody are expected to do exactly as he says.

In order to assure a mature team play the server is password protected. If you are aware of the server rules we will be glad to provide it to you. Just PM me or any other CiA member, or use our contact form and you'll get the password. Once you have received it, you are requested not to forward it to anyone else. Simply direct those who wish to join to this thread, or to our "Join CiA coop nights" website page.

CiA Server Rules

1. Orders
Follow your leader's orders at all costs, even if they may seem senseless in your eyes. This also requires that each unit knows their number so you will know which order is addressed to you. Orders are given either via Teamspeak, VOIP or the text chat. You should be attentive to all of these comm channels.

2. Reporting Back
If the leader addresses you, respond. If you have been given an order, respond with 'Roger' so the leader will know that you have received and understood it. Upon completion of the assigned task report 'Ready'.

3. Formation
Stick with the formation unless told otherwise. Even numbers should move to the right hand side of the leader, while odd numbers to his left. If the main squad is split up into smaller squads, each squad moves as an independent team, led by an assigned secondary leader.

4. Map
Stay focused on the tactical situation. Know where you and possible friendly units are to avoid friendly fire.

5. Firing
Don't open fire without being ordered. Before firing on a unit, check the map for friendly units! Rather be shot by an enemy than shooting a friendly!

6. Chat
Don't chat if it has nothing to do with the current combat situation. Dumb comments result in overfilling the chat space, thus no one realizes when important orders are given. Switch to group chat during missions, if you aren't leading.

7. Concentration
This is the last and most important rule: Concentrate. We don't forbid joking, but once a mission has started, stay serious, calm and focus on the game!

Anyone who doesn't follow one or more of these rules will be asked to leave.

Required Addons:
Check here

Recommended addons:
Check here

Server Info
Game server IP: 77.74.193.123, or just filter for [CiA] Comrades in Arms
Port: 2702
Password: Use our contact form or PM any CiA member for the password

Teamspeak 3 server IP: ts.ciahome.net:9988
The TS password is ciafdf

CiA Mission List
Check this Google spreadsheet to view the missions we have on our Arma 2 server. In order to pursue the sense of achievement we use it to keep track of successfully completed missions. We keep it up-to-date.

Flashpoint Coop Nights
Anguis [CiA] is running a dedicated OFP server featuring WGL mod. So if you are interested in quality OFP coop games check this thread.

See you on the server!

Edited by Variable
Updated addon section and coop schedule

Nice to see you in ARMA2 CIA. Had some nice coop action with OFP back in the days.

We played a few games lasts weeks which turned out to be very nice, I can't wait to see what happens when the crowd gets bigger. With all these complaints on a lack of proper servers around here I would say there is quite some potential for great coops!

I've never played PvP in ARMA2 but really want to try it. Does CIA only play coop or sometimes player vs player too?

I've never played PvP in ARMA2 but really want to try it. Does CIA only play coop or sometimes player vs player too?

Hi Zeep. We mostly play coop. PvP is a rather rare game type to be played on CiA.

Thanks to all who joined to tonight's game! Here are some screenshots from the last mission:

arma22010020923490169.jpg

arma22010021000073006.jpg

arma22010021000351330.jpg

arma22010021000360043.jpg

arma22010021001184943.jpg

Great pics! It's a shame I couldn't be there, I'll make sure to have my Tuesday night free next week.

Good games last night. Finishing a long mission without casualties was very satisfying.

I would add another coop night event for the week :cool:.

Oh yes that's indeed the crazy Norwegian. He is so handsome, I couldn't stop snapshoting him... :p

:o :o

Guess none would believe me if I told you it was the last slot available?

Some more photos from our last coop tonight. Thanks to all who participated!

arma22010021622145525.jpg

arma22010021621382401.jpg

arma22010021000322251.jpg

Oooh you guys play Arma II already, hope I can join in next time! (if the freaking game works..)

Was fun last tuesday, thx for that!

Could u plz fix the link to the website, i cant connect to it.

Was fun last tuesday, thx for that!

Updated. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Looks interesting. What kind of player numbers to you have?

The number usually ranges from 4 to 7. More and more people request the password lately so expect this number to increase.

Cool. I have sent you a PM. Hope to see you next week on the server.

Well, hell, Marto! It looks like we're going to need new computers!

Well, hell, Marto! It looks like we're going to need new computers!

Oh yes indeed... :) I miss playing with you two, and hope you have plans for upgrading your metal buckets into something more modern hehe.

@Variable

Just remove the last part. It should read http://www.ciahome.net/.

ppl talk about address in your signature I think :rolleyes: