Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

WIP: JTD Weather And Climate

Christ, I should have known that. One of my faves, and somehow I only searched for zombie movies soundtracks. Thx. One of the few tunes that actually gives me the creeps :D

In your free time could you give us a little sitrep on the mod's progression? :p

Really, really awaiting for this to get released :)

In your free time could you give us a little sitrep on the mod's progression? :p

Really, really awaiting for this to get released :)

Yes, me too!

I am playing a lot on Hürtgenwald, and especially the fog fix would add very much to its atmosphere!

Best regards

A.

For sure!

I'm no meterologist but this mod really interests my squad and I.

Weather has such an important impact on warfare.

It's a shame it's so overlooked because visibility (or lack of it) not only impacts infantry but even air forces, wind influences ballistics, rain mutes sound (stealth), etc.

So anything we can do to help you get this out of the door?

Edited by domokun

How's the progress on this? If stagnant I would love to try the dust devil thingy in my mission (Domino, based on Domination, but still very very different). I already have a synchronized weather system in including snow (particles), fog (particles and normal), dust storms (particles and blurry vision without goggles), and parameter driven color effects that change with time (not the default one). Lets just say that wind will cause an impact on visibility. Thought it would be nice with some dust devils to complement the nicer weather. But particles isn't really what I enjoy messing with :)

Is it possible to have a full cloud sky? You know, when planes fly at a very high altitude, The sky is completely filled with clouds below, no gaping hole or anything.

Wow, long time no update. Any news? Progress?

Yep, there was a new forum rule introduced...

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

...and you successfully ignored it. :D

Sorry, I wasn´t aware of that...

Then maibbeh read the rules before posting? :p

On topic: This seems intresting. I allways kinda hated the fog in OFP/ArmA, it never seemed to look good or anything. :(