Tonci87

JCOVE Lite for free

On 8/6/2020 at 5:31 PM, nodrog1061 said:

I'm aware it been an extremely long time since this thread died but I am out here in search of a copy of JCOVE lite as its feels almost extinct it would be nice to preserver this software for the future i am aware of this site http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?/topic/60940-vbs-2-jcove-and-us-army-lite-downloads/ but its files for JCOVE are corrupt.

Thats latest link (post) in that thread, extracts and plays fine for me.

On 8/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, jeza said:

Thats latest link (post) in that thread, extracts and plays fine for me.

Do you think you can upload it to a file service or something as I cant seem to get it to work properly?

sorry @jeza got mixed up with my forums i was looking for the UK JCOVE, not the US one as I already have the US one but thanks for sending it too me anyway

Haven't found JCOVE myself actually. Might well be around though somewhere.

I am in the progress of putting a Freedom of information request into the MOD to try and obtain a copy of the software hopefully they will give me it 

15 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

Did you get any results with that plan?

I was meant to receive a reply yesterday so I sent a followup and they have been slightly delayed due to COVID so I don't know when I'm going to find out if they'll give me it but ill post a reply here for whatever I find out 

Update.

So a few days ago i was contacted by a user on BI Forums that has a copy of JCOVE am at this time just testing it to ensure it works fine if I don't receive a copy of JCOVE From my freedom of information request I will start to distribute this version I have been sent so the outlook is good.

P.S - I also intend to create a master version that contains content from both JCOVE and the US equivalent to create a seamless experience 

So update 2 today I received a reply from my freedom of information request and it has sadly been refused below I've included a copy of what they said 

Spoiler

I am treating your correspondence as a request for information under the Freedom of Information 
Act 2000.  Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your request. 

A search for the information has now been completed within the Ministry of Defence (MOD), and I 
can confirm that whilst some information in scope of your request is held we are not able to provide 
a copy of the requested software. 

Under Section 16 (Advice and Guidance) I can confirm that can VBS 2 Lite was custom build for 
Army Recruitment and made available around 10 years ago but was eventually withdrawn from 
Army use.  

Open source search engine results indicate that copies of VBS 2 lite could be available for free 
download to the general public. Additionally, the Arma series of video games utilise the full VBS 
engine which are available for public purchase. 

This therefore means I'm going to publish the version sent to be by a bi community member and I'll also upload the us equivalent at the moment I'm probably going to upload it to web archive for other people to use this will be in a .iso format most likely.

UPDATE 3

So it's done I've published JCOVE to Web Archive this is the link:

https://archive.org/details/vbs2_20200916

I'm going to uplode the extracted cd version when I have time to to make it easy

Minor:

https://mega.nz/file/MAs1mLDD#OPdgO8KPL3iqEgs8O0Qq-kQx4GNEf1LmHW13msx1QBI

US version minor:

https://mega.nz/file/tAsURajb#oVane2mwz3gWCc-IXa7jOsXT4fjuTOqcczEw5fZTMpI

Edited by nodrog1061
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 8/17/2020 at 1:01 PM, jeza said:

Haven't found JCOVE myself actually. Might well be around though somewhere.

whistles... funny you never ask me....

4 minutes ago, njmatrix said:

whistles... funny you never ask me....

🤨 I think its only fair you share your stash 😁

4 minutes ago, nodrog1061 said:

🤨 I think its only fair you share your stash 😁

ill have to see if its ok to post but ill send you the link to the files

Just now, njmatrix said:

ill have to see if its ok to post but ill send you the link to the files

Where, Where you in the dark days of a year ago 🤣

1 minute ago, nodrog1061 said:

Where, Where you in the dark days of a year ago 🤣

Lol I took a LONG HIATUS away from everything ArmA or OFP related. I love the games I just don't have the time like I used to to play them.  I do try and keep certain things backups (JCOVE, USAL , VBS1, RVS, OGR, and a metric TON of OFP mods and addons) anyways I just wanted to see if I could still access the forums. I went to look at Armaholic and realized they are no longer which is sad to me. That was an awesome site back in the day.