Tonci87

JCOVE Lite for free

Well Yes I´m not kidding

Have a look here

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-topic-discussion/68108-vbs2-jcove-lite.html

or if you speak German here:

http://armed-assault.de/news/vbs2-jcove-lite.html

Its only the light Version, so don´t expect too much. But we have the FLIR included that will be in OPA so its definately worth trying it out

Moderator addition:

This thread can only be used for discussion about JCOVE, it's features and models.

Any discussion about extracting the content, reverse engineering, or modding is strictly prohibited. The EULA is absolutely clear about this:

RESTRICTIONS

You must not delete or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice on the Software or accompanying printed materials. You must not decompile, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reproduce the Software. You are expressly prohibited from unpacking or otherwise opening content files contained in the Software (including but not limited to files with the .pbo or .ebo file extension). You must not directly, contributorily or vicariously, copy, communicate to the public, rent, lease, sublicense, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Software (except to the extent expressly permitted in the Editor Variation section of this EULA). You must not claim ownership of the Software either verbally or in writing. You must not use or copy the Software except as expressly provided in this EULA. These obligations survive termination of this EULA for whatever reason.

You must not operate the Software as part of weapon or convoy training systems including without limitation those which employ hit detection involving laser or live fire detection cameras, without the prior written permission of the Company.

Please keep in mind that JCOVE is not meant for entertainment purposes, it's is not supposed to used as game. So please do not come here and complain about its 'shitty gfx', lack of shaders or other 'meh this is even worse than ArmA' comments. If you don't like it, simply uninstall it and move on.

Edited by W0lle

Wow, this is awesome! Already registered and am downloading now! :D

Thanks a lot, you have made my day!

Registering right now.

Best regards.

Now I think people do not have to yell for the brits to come

in Arrowhead

I just wanted to check out the FLIR really (if its there). I played ArmA1 from day one so i dont need to check that. :)

Is it possible for someone that downloaded it via torrent to share the torrent file (small one)? Im not sure how that stuff works but cant hurt asking. If someone has downed it via torrent then maybe he/she can share it.

Just an idea - if even possible.

AS I said its just a LITE version. Its only supposed for advertising. The UK military uses it to gain new recriuts, as the americans do with Americas Army.

Well, i'd trade visual quality for quality performance any day so that wont stop me from checking it out, it should atleast perform well. Other than that i dont expect it to be all that diferent from the first Armed Assault so its ok.

Take a look on VBS2 v1.3 ;)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHfzsOADlfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHfzsOADlfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

...and VBS2 is not developed by BIS - it is developed by BIA.

...and VBS2 is not developed for entertainment.

But we all hope and cross fingers that some of those features will find a way to Arma2 and OA. :mwah:

Seriously, I don't get it, how is VBS different from ArmA? In fact, from the screenies, the interface looks like the one in ArmA1. Some one enlighten me?

I just wanted to check out the FLIR really (if its there).

Its there. (at least in the version I downloaded). Anyway, I think this should be in offtopic.

Take a look on VBS2 v1.3 ;)

...and VBS2 is not developed by BIS - it is developed by BIA.

...and VBS2 is not developed for entertainment.

But we all hope and cross fingers that some of those features will find a way to Arma2 and OA. :mwah:

Note that this video depicts features from VBS2 1.3 and other toolsets, so nearly nothing of what you see there is available in JCOVE Lite.

Please only discuss JCOVE Lite here and not VBS2-only features.

Moving.

Edited by raedor

MMMMM.........Shooting from vehicles...Sweet dreams, sweet dreams...

Downloading. Does anyone know is possible to play it on LAN?

Does anyone know how to set up the UAVs? There isn't any manual for the lite version...

Well.. the idea is kind of cool and everything but the distribution and instalation seems a bit dodgy. The bad part is that VBS doesnt need or use dedicated servers and as such neither does this build (no server browser either).. also no custom content or editing tools other than missions (obvious reasons).

So the value compared to Arma or Arma 2 is rather low, even if its free.

Very interesting to see this happen. Glad they made it free. Nice to see the UK content being made widely available too. ;)

Edit: Don't forget, the Chally2, landrovers and weapons are already in ArmA2, and more to come.

Edited by Pathy

The website did indeed appear suspect, but if its legit Wolle, than downloading!

The Australian MOD did something similiar for VBS1, Australians in Vietnam. Also I'm not sure if it ever got released by I think they were at least going to give recruits VBS1 Lite as well.