Sign in to follow this  
max power

Addon Research Topic 2

@DiscountAnubis and RH, cheers for the links, hopefully should come in handy :) Thanks for such a fast response too!
You're quite welcome! And best of luck with your research!

@Rhaggan- Just so we're clear, you mean Operation BARMA, as in the mine-clearing op?

Any good pics of a GSH-23L's or GSH-30-2's would be very much appreciated... any diagrams or line drawings would be nice too.... Only found pretty rough pictures so far.... Technical drawing/diagram would be amazing

is there any AR15 style weapon who are chambered in 7.62x51 NATO ?

Yes, lots.

The Armalite AR-10 and many other rifles derived from it are chambered in 7.62x51. The AR-15 itself was based on the earlier AR-10, but built for the smaller 5.56 cartridge.

Military AR-10 type rifles include the US Army's M110 (the one we have in Operation Arrowhead), the USMC's SR-25/Mk.11, the UK's L129A1. HK417 is also a similar rifle, but with a different operating mechanism.

ArmaLite AR10A2 all the way :) (it accepts the KAC M5 Rails with little modification).

The current AR10 (fixed or removable carrying handle, rifle or carbine lenght) uses modified M14 magazines, including the 25 rounders. It's a really controversial feature.

Giving a look at Who-sell-sit.com I've found this very informative catalogue:

http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/champion-shooters-supply-3052/shooters-catalog-2010-21766/page-86.html

In the other page, you can see Armalite 5.56x45mm rifle, the M-15.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Thought I'd share this with all the texture artists on here.

http://eat3d.com/forum/tips-tricks-and-free-videos/50-free-custom-bolts-alphas

Abs

Wow, really useful stuff there.

Im making a yak 52 model which is russian trainning craft, i was wondering if there was any information out there of an armed version i.e with rockect pods?

Nope, it was used solely for basic flight training. Shooting was taught once cadets had transitioned to jet trainers such as the Aero L-39.

Still looking for good pics of a GSH-23L's or GSH-30-2's.. And has anyone got pics of a Ka-29 cockpit? Preferably the whole interios... I got a model kit somewhere at home.. But pics would be smashing .. thanks all!

Still looking for good pics of a GSH-23L's or GSH-30-2's.. And has anyone got pics of a Ka-29 cockpit? Preferably the whole interios... I got a model kit somewhere at home.. But pics would be smashing .. thanks all!

is this good enough ?

over 100kb

is this good enough ?

Its a good start... Just realised its like 2 weeks till MAKs.. will try and get some photo's then,,,

I'm looking for hi-resolution seamless swatches of following camo patterns: USMC Wine leaf, '62 and '68 ERDL, '81 Woodland and '62 John Wayne Tiger-stripe.

I've checked sites from here and Camopedia, but they contain only small fragments of said patterns or very lo-fi tiles. Google search gave me only uniforms photos. Anyone have reproduced said patterns to easily adapt them on texture?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by krzychuzokecia

Does anyone have a diagram or some good photographs of the markings on an m261 launcher?

Looking for english language specs on the D30, 122mm howitzer ammunition (including charge system, muzzle velocities, ranges, submunitions, weight, etc), technical knowledge (how the sights work on the D30, is it a separate gunners quadrant and deflection system, combined??), and Russian/Soviet artillery computers at battery level (or wherever fire missions are sent to batteries).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

REMEMBER, ENGLISH LANGUAGE! :p

Looking for english language specs on the D30, 122mm howitzer ammunition (including charge system, muzzle velocities, ranges, submunitions, weight, etc), technical knowledge (how the sights work on the D30, is it a separate gunners quadrant and deflection system, combined??), and Russian/Soviet artillery computers at battery level (or wherever fire missions are sent to batteries).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

REMEMBER, ENGLISH LANGUAGE! :p

here's for the D30 ( it's a beginning )

wikipedia in english

Can anyone get some interior pics of a landrover tangi, and the riot gear used by the PSNI. If they could get the dimentions that would be outstanding as well.

Cheers.

Does anybody have any decent images of the underside of an FN MAG/GPMG/M240/MAG 58/C6/Ksp 58? I'm really looking for some that show details of the bipod retainer (the part that stows the bipod legs in the 'up' position) and/or ejection port & dust cover area.

So far, images of this aspect seem to be like rocking horse shit so far as web searching goes, and the gimpies I come across are normally fixed securely on top of something big and metal. :)

Some more pics of the feed pawls, bolt assembly and driving spring wouldn't go a miss either. I've got a few but they're all from the same sort of angle and a bit blurry, so some more would be nice.

Edit: NVM the feed pawls - someone just posted some mega pics of this bit on mp.net

Edited by da12thMonkey

anyone has images/diagrams of the Universal Weapon Pylon on the Kiowa in better detail than this one:

http://www.cavalrypilot.com/weapons/kpuwp.html or the ones available in the Training and/or Technical Manuals (i got them all)?

i am interested in the individual parts and the way you put them together.

I know there are a a few pilots around here, or individuals with access to that sort of images/information.

ty.

This is a question to our danish fellows: Is the norm in the Danish army to mount Elcans even on the MG62s?

I saw a video of one a MG62 with an Elcan mounted once, but never again.

Small question for those in the know. What shotgun does the PLA [chinese army] use, if any?

Small question for those in the know. What shotgun does the PLA [chinese army] use, if any?

Norinco makes a clone of the Remington 870 and a couple other designs. Shotguns are not prevalent in the mainstream Army except mainly military police, special forces, paramilitary police, etc.

http://www.sinodefenceforum.com/army/shotguns-pla-5310.html

Operative;2039094']This is a question to our danish fellows: Is the norm in the Danish army to mount Elcans even on the MG62s?

I saw a video of one a MG62 with an Elcan mounted once' date=' but never again.[/quote']

Hello. When on deployment in Afghanistan all of our MG62's have Elcan mounted on the LMG :)

EDIT

When vehicle born the LMG usually has a Aimpoint mounted due to the stability and rate of fire when mounted on vehicles

Edited by Kirby86