Sign in to follow this  
max power

Addon Research Topic 2

Thanks dudes, that long polycount wiki article should be very useful.

But I am still going to need to model those in order to create a normal map for the LP model, right?

Btw I am at 9K polycount and theres not a lot to do left, so I could just keep these for this one, right?

Edited by ziiip

Thanks dudes, that long polycount wiki article should be very useful.

glad you find it useful

But I am still going to need to model those in order to create a normal map for the LP model, right?

yes, but as floaters!

Btw I am at 9K polycount and theres not a lot to do left, so I could just keep these for this one, right?

yeah, but why would you? Add geometry around the parts that are gonna be visible. The pad is not in the list ;)

Thanka Pufu, I dont know how to do normal maps at all (article to be read) but that technique already look elegant. :D

just wondering

is it possible for a harrier to carry a 4x rack of hellfires like that on the ah-1z? i know they can carry a rack of brimstones

just wondering

is it possible for a harrier to carry a 4x rack of hellfires like that on the ah-1z? i know they can carry a rack of brimstones

In the real world no.

The racks are not designed for fast jets and are high drag. And the missile's software isn't fixed wing friendly. Hence the development of the Brimstone which - I am told but have been unable to verify - can be fired up to Mach 0.9. Something about targeting "lag" in layman's terms.

Understandably there isn't much real/practical info available publically.

Looks like it's supposed to be a Norwegian M/03 desert uniform, with M/98 or M/75 webbing and protective equipment

just wondering

maybe BAT container instead ?

maybe BAT container instead ?

your gonna have to link me to it, when i search it i get batman lol

your gonna have to link me to it, when i search it i get batman lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brilliant_Anti-Tank_%28BAT%29

mean, sry.

other PS AT options for US have significantly higher range and similar[warhead weight/type/generation]kill probability, than EU counterparts, from Trigat-LR/XT(PARS-3LR mk1) to brimstone, but lack of space-efficiency,

Oh hell no, that's not DPCU. Greener, darker splotches, much smaller pattern size, more bunnies.

If anything, I'd be searching for "shoddy textures." It looks like a terrible version of 3 colour desert, or one of those random European camos.

Since it's 3d art you can't be guaranteed that it's an actual camouflage swatch. The pattern looks very large regardless.

Like da12th said it's a mixture of Norwegian camouflages.

nor3.jpg

nor2.jpg

Or atleast it'll be the closest thing to it.

Has anyone got any Foxhound/Ocelot references? Specifically I am looking for suspension and interior references and news on a TES version.

Can anyone find a decent picture of the latest Raaf 6sqn Arm patches for the F18Fs?

I am looking for the specific airfoil of the C-160 Transall transport plane. Would be great if anyone knows it or can find it. Please send a PM if you (think you) found/got it.

Regards, Jester

I am looking for the specific airfoil of the C-160 Transall transport plane.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/transport-m/c130/

AIRFOIL SECTIONS:

Wing Root NACA 64A318

Wing Tip NACA 64A412

Would be great if anyone knows it or can find it. Please send a PM if you (think you) found/got it.

That seems like it would defeat the purpose of this thread as a base of knowledge.

Wrong plane Max. He wanted the C160 Transall

LOL. Apparently I have to work on my reading comprehension skills. Thanks, Rock.

edit:

Here's another aerofoil reference. Unfortunately, the Transall isn't on there. It does have quite a few other aircraft, though. So many that I was quite surprised the Transall wasn't listed.

http://www.ae.illinois.edu/m-selig/ads/aircraft.html

Edited by Max Power

If anyone ever wondered what font most of an aircraft's cockpit dials/panels use, it appears to be this:

ms33558.jpg

MilSpec 33558 Font