marseille77

German Misc Pack released

What do you think about these Addons?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about these Addons?

a little bit new stuff...

work in progress

signsdr.jpg

German signs from 1937 - 1971

I hope those addons will be used by island makers in the future.

I think there is a very good chance of that :)

I think there is a very good chance of that

You're not kidding! Little packs of carefully researched incidental objects like this are an island-makers dream! They can make ALL the difference when it comes to adding atmosphere and believability to a terrain... I'd love to see more of these sort of projects!

B

But these not the end.. in Germany we had another design between 1971 - 1992

trainver.png

Train sign in Germany from the 1930's til today

1)1937

2)1971

3)1992

and then also the GDR Version, but I've only a 150px version of this signs at time.

At the time I'm working on a guard house for German Bundeswehr baracks.

wachhaus.jpg

Guard house in raw style :)

Looks excellent so far, are you planning on making more objects fit for German barracks?

Are you planning to make an officer model as a short angry guy with a funny moustache?

I don't no so far but I've made these Guys for ArmA. But I've never released that for the game because at that time I was'nt sure about the quality for releasing.

germanofficers.png

are you planning on making more objects fit for German barracks?

Yes, but I need more information about the architecture of this bulidings. They are typical for modern barracks of the Bundeswehr since the 1950's

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5202/dscs0002a.jpg 160 kb

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2294/dscs0004a.jpg 151 kb

Edited by W0lle

Hello Marseille77, my Idea is all Ortsschilder rename for the Island of Everon and Malden.

I like so much your Signs and i want to put all German Signs in old Island like Eve and Malden.

My Dreams come true , with your Sign Pack. Look plz on my HP www.urr-clan.de and you see what i mean. Have you a Problem why i rename you Sign, plz tell me that and i stoped my work with your Ortsschilder. I am from Germany and it is very fine i can write to you in German. Sorry for my English.

Greetz Hotzenplotz

Currently I'm working on buildings like a DHL Center or a ALDI supermarket

Aldi supermarket awesome!! :D:D

a surprise for the next week... :)

waysign1.jpg

Aldi supermarket awesome!! :D:D

I'm not carry on working on that because I have to fix and complete the sign or the barracks pack. But these is the status on the picture:

buldozer201002080139162.png

Today I have released a do-it-yourself pack for island maker who wants to germanize their island. The models in mlod and it contains psd templates. You can customize that files what ever you want.

waysign3.jpg

Download in first post. Have fun!

Very nice, but: I have to nag:

• 3021 Faces for a single sign is way too much. There is no need to model a 10cm bending with ~ 600faces.
  • Proper resolution LODs, otherwise the performance will drop due to the unusual high amount of faces (roughly a third of an ArmA2 BMP-2) significantly when putting those signs into towns.
    For comparison: A signpost on Kellu Island holding 5 direction-signs reaches roughly 1100 faces in First lod, 18 faces in it's last lod.
  • Additionally a FireGeometry-LOD with bullet-penetration physics would be nice.
  • An accurate Shadow-LOD is also, IMHO, mandatory.
  • Named Properties (eg. Destruct = Tree) is missing.
  • There is no need for an NOHQ-Stage if it is only a single color.
    Try instead:
    class Stage1 {
    texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,NOHQ)";

• Config-Entries like "KPFS_Town_Sign" should always start with an "Land_", otherwise the Island's Arma2.rpt will be flooded with "missing config class" errors. In additon, the text following the "Land_" has to be the exact name of the .p3d:
    [i]Cow_goes_like_moo_Sign_A.p3d[/i]:
    class LAND_Cow_goes_like_moo_Sign_A {

Well... actually this isn't nagging, it's all technical advice to make your work actually usable on islands, because, currently as it is, your work sadly cannot be used on islands.

It simply cannot be used when you want to ensure performance/quality/clean Arma2.rpt.

Sorry.

Edit:

I really do advise you to work through my tutorial. And if you're not that good using the English language, you can always go for the German original.

Edited by Mondkalb

Yes Mondkalb has right, the Faces is too much. Impaired to the Performance in Game. ;)

But they look very good, the signs. :bounce3:

And why the hell you choose "Wilster"???

This tiny little town is a nightmare-I´m a Truckdriver and anyone who was there,knows what i´m talking about!!

Could´nt you use this instead?

wixhausenc.jpg

or this

pissen.jpg

or

poppenbll.jpg

Just kidding...;)

Greets from Rendsburg

Dirt

Lol, i live 1 Kilometers from Wixhausen. Nice sound, i am a old Wixer.

Great Idea for new Island Town name.

@DirtyDriver78

Funny idea :D... greets back from Flensburg (I was soldier in Rendsburg in 1999 nice city)

Now I have fixed some bugs that Mondkalb tell me in his thread. This new updated pack contains new models (with less faces) and fixed shadows. I've tested it in game and it looks good. After studies about the shadows lod I've found the bug.

The link in the first post is updated and this item was added. It is a German busstop sign in Flensburg.

busstop.jpg

You can changes everything what you want (color, config etc.).

Edited by Marseille77