This may be a stupid question from a technical view but that very nice lightray effect in the static shots, is that realtime volumetrics creating the rays or a type of overlay from something like After Effects ?

Lovely piccys btw.

Its real time ingame.

Awesome so we have a contender for the ArmA3 engine???? :D:D

hope they include some possible outerspace type missions above the planets atmosphere

death matches inside starships etc, possibly wonder outside with no gravity .

somthing like this wow

Edited by diveplane

that's completely different genre of game ... and imho not such scale at all ...

I've read through as much of the ad material and other literature as I can find (love the thread involving one of the original CC devs) but I still don't have a real grip on how the game is going to play - some first person, some vehicle, some carrier combat?

Regardless, the visuals on offer so far are stunning and I'm really looking forward to this release.

I've read through as much of the ad material and other literature as I can find (love the thread involving one of the original CC devs) but I still don't have a real grip on how the game is going to play - some first person, some vehicle, some carrier combat?

Regardless, the visuals on offer so far are stunning and I'm really looking forward to this release.

I think it will play a lot like the battlestation games ie midway meets a basic RTS game like CC games. I just want a BOHEMIA game for the console. I gave up on the ARMA games:( but I still have hope for this one:cool: Hi ohara,placebo and my best friend wolle.

Looking good so far guys! I can imagine how this sort of game concept would be incredibly fun.

Just a shame that the graphics aren't up to Arma standards. Damn consoles :p

The screen shots look really nice, I can tell from the pictures that its not the RV engine, just some ideas from it where used, it looks kind of empty tough but maybe that's just one place on the map.

I would like to know, will the game be as easily modifiable like ArmA and OFP (I mean will we be able to create our addons/islands?) And will it be compatible with Oxygen 2 or will there be some new tools?

Anyway, can't wait for the game :smile: I know BIS probably won't answer this but will development of the RV engine continue or will it continue joined with the other engine after Carrier Command?

Well it seems that not only do they have a dynamic weather system, but also a Dynamic Time system, and that it's stuck on "Valve Time"...

when there is some information ready to be given it will be shared so don't worry :)

Just curious, but at 15 seconds, what mechanism causes one planet to rise to the top right and the other to fall in from the top left?