these 2 screens were taken only few seconds apart. I just used debug cheat to quickly change the daytime.

The clouds are animated and change with time.

CHEATER!!!!

j/k, these screens looks stunning and although i have to admit that i don't know the original, i surely buy this game, be it just to support BIS for developing ArmA 3.

But i'm sure the game will be great and worth every cent.

^^ Agreed. I did play the original and it was real fun. Im still trying to get my head around playing this ARMA style with the great openess. :)

Definatelly ending up in my BIS collection.

Looking very promising, love the Taurus Moon from the planet view. keep it up guys.

This looks really awesome, can’t wait for this game. One small thing that concerns me tough: The black colored water. It was there in Arma 2 as well and annoyed me to no end. As a former military coastguard I can appreciate that deep water looks blackish from time to time, but only during heavy skies. In sunlight the ocean always looks blue, beautiful glittering blue…

Look at this:http://www.treehugger.com/southern-ocean-jj.jpg

And then the top left of this:http://www.idea-games.com/images/fora/100202_01_big.jpg

Not trying to bash the game or anyting. Just pasing along my suggestions. But this being a BIS game, I know it will kick ass. Cant wait:)

Since its a sci-fi set up, I really don't mind if the water is black

Just curious will this dynamic weather system have an significant effect on player/AI too - except showing the great atmosphere? :)

Since its a sci-fi set up, I really don't mind if the water is black

Also, in a lot of some places the sea is just muddy brown. :p

Because some of you were interested in seeing animated clouds we prepared short ingame video showing clouds moving in the sky.

MGMFkBxBTuo

The sky consists of two cloud layers, the first layer is static for far clouds on the horizon but the second layer composed of closer cloud formations is fully animated - it changes shape and position and is affected by the sun’s position, as well as other weather conditions, so for example the fact that a storm is coming can be read from the clouds getting thicker and darker. All this adds to the real life feel of the sky above Taurus.

Whoa, not much to see but what is shown looks beautiful :)

Looking forward to more footage, although next time hopefully a tad longer :D

The sky consists of two cloud layers, the first layer is static for far clouds on the horizon but the second layer composed of closer cloud formations is fully animated - it changes shape and position and is affected by the sun’s position, as well as other weather conditions, so for example the fact that a storm is coming can be read from the clouds getting thicker and darker. All this adds to the real life feel of the sky above Taurus.
Does it also "block" the sun? :D

(...)

Edited by Andre

Does it also "block" the sun? :D

Ah yes, that would be a very good addition.

The video is really nice. I liked the light rays coming through the leaves.

Good to see the RV engine is still extremely capable of putting others to shame. That looks great, hopefully it will run great too.

Very... atmospheric. Nice art.

The light shaft effects is nice too.

I suspect the trees are moving so much because of accelerated time otherwise there's hell of a storm approaching...

Good to see the RV engine is still extremely capable of putting others to shame. That looks great, hopefully it will run great too.

RV engine?

I thought it was only using linda as a graphical engine.

Can anyone clarify this?

RV engine?

I thought it was only using linda as a graphical engine.

Can anyone clarify this?

I think I'm correct in saying that Linda merely generates the vegetation, it is not a full game engine, for which Real Virtuality would be used for Carrier Command.

Yeah, Linda simply generates vegetation. However, I believe noone at BI has confirmed whether RV is being used for Carrier Command (pls correct me if i'm wrong).

Yeah, Linda simply generates vegetation. However, I believe noone at BI has confirmed whether RV is being used for Carrier Command (pls correct me if i'm wrong).

It's pretty obviously RV. Unless BIS has been developing a new engine in secrecy for a few years now...

The game is AFAIK made by both Black Element and Bohemia. BE has their own engine which they very well may be using.

A developers comment on this would be great :)

Its not RV, its different engine developed for that game.

But it has its origin in RV, or does it not?! It really looks familiar somehow :D

No, but we offcourse share some alghorithm ideas, vegetation from linda, mocap or 3D scanning technology, some postprocess efects and so on

Its not RV, its different engine developed for that game.

You could have (and did for that matter) fooled me.

So then who's been developing it all this time? Same team who's been working on RV or a different one? Black Element? I crave info... :p