As promised last week here’s a small update on our work, and yes we’re working hard to deliver the best game possible!

We have succeeded recently in updating the dynamic weather system. Which means there’ll be different weather and day time in the game which is already looking really impressive! Our weather system dynamically simulates this feature across the whole archipelago. There’s also a wind effect (for example on the trees). Daytime reflects the cycle of the Taurus moon as you can see it in the attached screens, we hope you all like the progress the game is making visually and are as excited as we are with the progress it’s making!

100202_01_sml.jpg

Edited by Johny

Very impressive, thanks for the news.

Wow looks very nice. Very interested in this game by the way, sounds very promising!

Looking damn good. Sun rays is one fine addition, don't neccessarly need alot of power, nor DX10-DX11, to produce it either (ref: Tropico 3)

Also the vegitation got a really great and smooth texture/LOD.

Are we looking at new shader technology, new way of processing alpha or something else? Whatever it is, I hope that there will be some blog posts

about what lurks behind the curtains of CC:GM. How and what techs are used is always interesting. :b:

That's very impressive. Can't wait for this game! :cool:

Nice effects...

Though, it seems they chose to sacrifice some object density (grass and clutter) in favour of draw distance (and probably performance)...

I'm eager to see what this game will be.

That looks fantastic indeed! One question though: will the clouds be animated? Or will they be static, just like ArmA2? I'm asking because the clouds on the top screenshots are exactly the same.

Thanks for some great screens. Looking real nice. I can imagine the full game! :)

That looks fantastic indeed! One question though: will the clouds be animated? Or will they be static, just like ArmA2? I'm asking because the clouds on the top screenshots are exactly the same.

these 2 screens were taken only few seconds apart. I just used debug cheat to quickly change the daytime.

The clouds are animated and change with time.

Now waiting for the first ingame video :supercool:

Btw will there be some more informations about CC:Gaea Mission in BIS DevBlog too?

these 2 screens were taken only few seconds apart. I just used debug cheat to quickly change the daytime.

The clouds are animated and change with time.

Thank you Johny for the clarification! It really looks incredible, I can't wait to see it moving!

This looks really awesome, can’t wait for this game. One small thing that concerns me tough: The black colored water. It was there in Arma 2 as well and annoyed me to no end. As a former military coastguard I can appreciate that deep water looks blackish from time to time, but only during heavy skies. In sunlight the ocean always looks blue, beautiful glittering blue…

Look at this:http://www.treehugger.com/southern-ocean-jj.jpg

And then the top left of this:http://www.idea-games.com/images/fora/100202_01_big.jpg

Not trying to bash the game or anyting. Just pasing along my suggestions. But this being a BIS game, I know it will kick ass. Cant wait:)