Sign in to follow this  
therev709

USRanger709's Release Thread!

Click for Hi Res

th_arma22010-05-2115-11-51-45.jpgth_arma22010-05-2115-08-04-38.jpgth_arma22010-05-2115-09-54-49.jpgth_arma22010-05-2115-04-56-80.jpgth_arma22010-05-2115-04-16-04.jpg

Edited by TheRev709

Click for Hi Res

th_arma22010-05-2115-01-57-21.jpgth_arma22010-05-2115-00-35-54.jpgth_arma22010-05-2016-07-59-97.jpgth_arma22010-05-2014-02-24-4.jpg

Edited by TheRev709

Nice pics mate, looks like the campaign will be quite diverse.

Your previous missions have been fun so there's no question about entertainment value. :D

Out of curiosity, which addons do you plan on using?

Nice pics mate, looks like the campaign will be quite diverse.

Your previous missions have been fun so there's no question about entertainment value. :D

Out of curiosity, which addons do you plan on using?

Glad you've had fun thus far. I don't want to spoil too many surprises . . . but there will be quite a handful of addons required. And by handful I mean a lot.

Heres the list thus far:

Islands: Namalsk, Quesh-Kibrul, Aiaktalik, Helmund, and Podagorsk. I know its a lot but the change of scenery is important for the scenario ;) plus I'm just tired of Chenarus. Also, NIMs dynamic weather is required as well.

ACE2 and ACEX will be required, as I not only make use of many of their features (rucksacks, Hunt IR, etc), but also the tons of addons (US Army, weapons, etc). I'm mulling over a Non-Ace version of the campaign, just depends on how much time I'll have . . .

TF86's SAS and SEAL addons are required, as well as Schnapsdrosel's Mercs and Black ops. And every now and again they'll be riding around in MRAPs, so the MaxPro MRAP pack is also required.

Finally, I originally didn't plan on including any weapons packs . . . but Robert Hammer offers too many cool guns! His HK416 and MGS packs are required (I think the M4/16 is also required), which add HK416s (more variants than ACE atm), HK417s, ACR, Massada, CTAR, SCAR-L/H . . . the list goes on :)

I'm going to compile (with permission) all of the required addons other than ACE2 and ACEX into a seperate download to help anybody out who doesn't already have the required addons, considering there are soo many :/ But if the requirements scare you off, trust me, you're missing out an an experience Arma 2 can't give you without em ;)

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quick screen grab:

th_Archangel1.jpg

That list is fine with me :) They're all quality addons, so i've already downloaded them, and i'm happy to get any extras to be able to play it.

Also i'm sure the addons all being bundled in one download will be appreciated by those who haven't got them.

Sounds like quite an exciting combination too, various units and locations, not to mention all the great weapons. I don't think anyone has used the MRAP pack in a mission yet either.

Looking forward to playing it. :D

(rucksacks, Hunt IR, etc),

Greetings.

I've seen this Hunt IR in my gear for other missions that I've done and have absolutely no idea how to use it, so I usually ignore it.

Sorry to ask you this now but better than later when your campaign comes out.

If you or anybody could provide me with a link that shows/tells the key commands and what the heck to do with it, I'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers

KK

Greetings.

I've seen this Hunt IR in my gear for other missions that I've done and have absolutely no idea how to use it, so I usually ignore it.

Sorry to ask you this now but better than later when your campaign comes out.

If you or anybody could provide me with a link that shows/tells the key commands and what the heck to do with it, I'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers

KK

Here is the documentation for ACE2. How to use HUNT IR (along with all of the other features) is under General Information>Features>Scroll on over till you see Hunt IR and you're set :)

I also encourage you to read through the features list to learn about all of the awesome stuff ACE2 really has to offer :)

Hey Ranger, I played your first mission and really loved it. Wish you had more time to crank out more. I swear I though I was playing Operation Arrowhead for a second:yay:

Hey Ranger, I played your first mission and really loved it. Wish you had more time to crank out more. I swear I though I was playing Operation Arrowhead for a second:yay:

Glad you enjoyed it, especially coming from a single player master like yourself :bounce3:

I finally finished writing the voice acting script and am in need of voice talent! If you helped me out before I'll be shootin you a PM here soon! If you're still interested sick1, I'll send you a PM once I get all of the "characters" and their lines sorted out.

I just wrapped up six missions for my first campaign! But I'm still only 25% finished :/ I still have to edit the sound/music, finish the briefings and in game objective markers, the dreaded cutscenes (I HATE camera scripting :mad:), and of course input the voice acting. I'll be leaving next week to work at a summer camp for a month, and theres no way I can finish all of this work before Monday. So expect a release at the most two months from now :)

Here is the documentation for ACE2. How to use HUNT IR (along with all of the other features) is under General Information>Features>Scroll on over till you see Hunt IR and you're set :)

I also encourage you to read through the features list to learn about all of the awesome stuff ACE2 really has to offer :)

Thanks! I had no idea what I have been missing out on.

Didn't even know I had this! Something so overlooked and essential:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Weapon_Resting

I am having issues with OPERATION JACKAL'S HUNT.

After talking to the guy at the city I head back down the road,it appears that blue 55 gallon IED has gone off and killed the engineer team that was to disable it as I can see a HMMWV destroyed and smoking and that barrel knocked over,any time I get within 200 yards of it or so Arma 2 freezes and CTD's.

I have no idea why.I have all the addons installed and I am using 1.05.

Edited by WarriorM4

I am having issues with OPERATION JACKAL'S HUNT.

After talking to the guy at the city I head back down the road,it appears that blue 55 gallon IED has gone off and killed the engineer team that was to disable it as I can see a HMMWV destroyed and smoking and that barrel knocked over,any time I get within 200 yards of it or so Arma 2 freezes and CTD's.

I have no idea why.I have all the addons installed and I am using 1.05.

That is quite odd. I'll test it later today on my end and see what happens.

That is quite odd. I'll test it later today on my end and see what happens.

Just crashed again.Checked my mod folder for conflicts.Restarted the mission.I get past the IED the first try,your main character reports it in,Go talk to man in green turban,on way back up the road again 200 or so yards from IED location,CTD.

There must be a problem somewhere.Is there a crash log in text form within Arma 2 to check this to see whats causing it?It would be helpful.

Just crashed again.Checked my mod folder for conflicts.Restarted the mission.I get past the IED the first try,your main character reports it in,Go talk to man in green turban,on way back up the road again 200 or so yards from IED location,CTD.

There must be a problem somewhere.Is there a crash log in text form within Arma 2 to check this to see whats causing it?It would be helpful.

I just played up until that point and everything was fine. The EOD techs were there and alive. I even had to redownload the mission from armaholic, v1.1, because I lost my original file on my HD when I reloaded Windows 7 a few months back, so I'm using the same thing you are.

Did you download v1.1? (when you open the zip file, it'll say v1.0 on the file name, but the download page is v1.1, so you'll be fine).

Do you have the latest version of all of the required addons?

Do you have v1.05 of Arma 2 or the beta patch?

Have you updated ACE2 and ACEX through the six updater

^^I figured this would be the most likely issue, but since I updated it just today and had no problems playing it I'm at a loss.

Are you using GL4, ZeusAI, SLX, or any other game changing addon?

Unfortunately I'm leaving here tomorrow for a 4 week long job at a summer camp, and won't have days off until Saturday, so my time is bottled up here. Since the mission is working for me I'm not sure what is going wrong with yours.

You can access an Arma2 crash files, but I'm no expert at reading them. I'd try and pull those up and see if you can identify the issue, otherwise redownload the mission from Armaholic just in case your file got corrupted. After that I'd double check and ensure everything is up to date . . . and try again :/ I really wish I could help you out more, but since I'm not seeing any problems on my end I don't know what to fix.

I am running 1.1 of the mission.

I use addonsync to keep ACE up to date.

Nothing but the required addons in the @mod folder.

Running standard 1.05 Arma 2

I even reinstalled Arma 2 and it still crashes.Must be some addon the mission doesn't like but all I have are troop addons like the SEALs,Italians,UK soldiers,new islands and such in my mod folder.The crash logs are useless as they are not in TXT format to read them and see what the issue is.

@WarriorM4 I don't know what to do at this point. I'll dig around the mission in the editor and see what the problem could be, though if you triggered the radio call by killing the spotter then that script would've deactivated the IED. Did you pause and save the game right there? If you saved the game mid script, that could've caused an issue.

TF94 UPDATE:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y749zX0JBQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y749zX0JBQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Edited by TheRev709

Boy oh boy its been a ride and I can't believe the summer is almost over . . .

I'm finally back to finish what I started this time around. For anybody who still cares/is interested my campaign will be back on track soon, though slowly. I'm really only about 25% finished, although all of the missions are completed and the script is written. What is left to do is to find voice actors (I have too many roles . . .), input the briefing/obj scripts, and create the necessary intros/outros, then test and debug the crap out of it. Oh it will be an adventure! (To those who crank out campaigns [sick1] my hat is off to you guys for these take a tremendous amount of work).

In the end I hope you guys enjoy playing this campaign as much as I've enjoyed pulling it all together.

Prep for some updates in the coming weeks.

ITS BEEN A WHILE BUDDY!!! Hows everything going? :)

Hate to see that Spooky Six is off... its Jackal gonna be your pinnacle master piece? TF doesn't seem to have that kind of screen quality anymore.. :(

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Oh its goin . . . lol. I just finished working five weeks at a summer camp so I haven't touched my PC much in about six weeks. I was about to get some work done until OA was released, so for the past week my free time has been sucked up playing haha. I just bought a new car that needs some work, so this whole weekend will be spent replacing the rear struts and looking for a new job. Otherwise I'll be polishing the script for TF94 and hunting down voice actors (once I fix my laptop, darn trojan killed it last week, but a clean windows install will solve that haha).

Just wait until you see what I have planned in TF94, its very character and plot driven, not to the point it sacrifices what makes Arma 2 fun, but it will deliver a very unique experience for the game. At least that is what I'm going for. I think this project will make Jackal look like an 8 bit Atari arcade game ;)

The biggest reason Spooky Six was put off was mostly due to lack of time, but also because I just didn't feel like the experience would be creative and fun enough. TF94 was an idea I had from the very beginning, before Jackal and Cold Harvest. It was the goal I wanted to reach since I started mission making.

No worries mate, TF94 will be a helluva ride :D

WOWOWW!!! OK THAT MAKES ME DROOL FOR TF94!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you always make missions that push the limits in certain ways and I believe TF94 will push the limits of campaign story flow! :) AWAITING!

UPDATE:

Task Force 94 is on track, just waiting on a few voice actors to finish up with their work, although I'm still trying to track down sle who did an outstanding job recording for Spook in Jackal's Hunt.

Just to give you an idea of the scope of the narrative, the script is around 19 pages long, with around 350 to 400 lines, and 19 total characters, 4 of them major characters. Only one character has yet to be cast.

Otherwise All that needs to be done now is:

1. Implement the voice recordings.
  2. Implement the music score.
  3. Finish he intros and outros. (painstaking . . . I hate camera scripting).
  4. Test and bug squashing.

If there is anybody out there who is proficient in camera scripting please PM me, as I do need help. I don't know why, but it always seems to take me days just to get a simple scene to work correctly. Because of the narrative scope of this project, the intros and outro scenes are an imperative aspect of this project.

Update:

While all of the missions for the campaign are technically finished, I've decided to redevelop of half of the campaign. This is because I'm moving this campaign to Arma 2: Combined Operations, rather than just an Arma 2 release.

This will eliminate half of the required addons because of OA's additional features and maps. Hopefully this won't postpone things for too long, but in the end it will make things much smoother because of the additional quality of OA.

Otherwise I'm still grinding through the camera scripting . . .

Required Addons:

• Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead (Combined Operations)
  • Namalsk Island
  • Podagorsk Island
  • Desert Mercs and Black Ops
  • Tier One Operators
  • SBJ SAS and SBS pack
  • MRAPs
  • NIMs Dynamic Weather
  • AC-130 script v0.4

Required but considering removal:

• IED pack

No longer required:

• ACE2
  • ACEX
  • CBA
  • six_aiatalik map
  • Helmund Valley map
  • Robert Hammer's MGS4 Weapon Pack
  • Robert Hammer's MK18 pack
  • Quesh-Kibrul map
  • Task Force 86 SEALs pack
  • Robert Hammer's HK416/417 pack
  • SCUD and Nuke
  • Multi-Cam Special Forces
  • extra units and vehicles

So as you can see this campaign is pretty comprehensive, but by switching to Combined Arms I cut out almost half of the addons I wanted to use :)

Edited by TheRev709
updated required addon list

You made the right decision ranger! Just remember, don't worry about how long it takes you to finish it. Just make sure you are satisfied with it's completion. :bounce3: