Sign in to follow this  
commandosolo2009

A10 GAU-8 firing like shit and hitting zero..

Hello guys,

I was playing in the editor and I noticed that whenever I fly the A10, when the GAU-8 is fired, bullets start to ricochet like hell, and very few hit the targets..

As opposed to the A10, the F35 bullet spread is less and they tend to be the MOST ACCURATE BALLISTICS in the game..

any ideas...

Hmmm... yes. Also, Plane AI is pretty stupid retarded when it comes to attacking ground targets.

Hi commandosolo2009

Are you running any MODs?

Please try the following test.

In the editor place a soldier with a pistol near a house say 10m away. Fire at said house and tell me what your grouping is like.

Kind Regards walker

i love the A10 Gau8 - its deadly. the burst firing mode is awesome, so no i haven't seen any probs - I can nail about 30-40 targets during one flight assuming i dont get chased by a su25.

Inaccurate? I don't notice that. But since the gun makes the whole plane vibrate it must have some spread on it as a result.

In-game you're walking the rounds across the target, so even if the cross hair is bad it shouldn't matter that much.

I don't think it's inaccurate it's just hard to keep the plane steady. It was easier for me to shoot things in a real simulator like Lock On.

Hi commandosolo2009

Are you running any MODs?

Please try the following test.

In the editor place a soldier with a pistol near a house say 10m away. Fire at said house and tell me what your grouping is like.

Kind Regards walker

Man, I frapped the grouping and upped it on youtube to see for yourself... Tell me what you think..

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkx5c1SFeVY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkx5c1SFeVY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

the house was 15m away and @ 10m the barrel is point blank with the wall, so I had to get a little farther

Dude I think you f*** something up, The Pistol isn´t that inacurate for me

Hi commandosolo2009

I will ask some one from BIS to have look at the video for you.

Kind regards walker

Where did you buy the game? Did you buy a key, not the game? Or did you Torrent it?

It looks to me like you've activated FADE - the uncrackable way that BIS protects their games from piracy. It essentially degrades the quality of your game over time until it's virtually unplayable. If you've bought it legitimately (buying a key is not legitimate, by the way), then there is probably some way to fix it. If you didn't, well... ;)

Who cares where the bullets hit!!! All that matters is that you can hear the beast!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ-pdvirHDQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ-pdvirHDQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

any ideas...

Yep its called FADE. There are only two ways of fixing this: Show BIS evidence of a legit baught game (ask them what they need to see) or head out and buy it - if you didnt in the first place. Its well worth the money for a game of this depth.

Man, I frapped the grouping and upped it on youtube to see for yourself... Tell me what you think..

[/YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkx5c1SFeVY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkx5c1SFeVY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

the house was 15m away and @ 10m the barrel is point blank with the wall, so I had to get a little farther

To put it bluntly : Buy the game, and it will work

If already bought, contact BI as outlined above

@ Tonci, I only use 31MEU reticles, MH53e flying elephant, MH60 by gachopin, stuff that dont even require EEHs, CBA, or else//

@ WALKER, much appreciated my man..

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

@ richiespeed13, yeah that's the avenger sound @ 0:14-->

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

@ anyone else, I got it from torrentz. I reckon its a pirated copy, so, I'll uninstall it, and buy the solid copy one?? this 'FADE' thing does it also happen in the solid copy versions??

what triggers this 'FADE' thingy?? so you're telling me that If I get the hardcopy (DVD) from BESTBUY, when I shoot the pistol it will deliver on target??

what triggers this 'FADE' thingy?? so you're telling me that If I get the hardcopy (DVD) from BESTBUY, when I shoot the pistol it will deliver on target??

Hi commandosolo2009

I would think BIS will keep how their anti cheat and copy protection works secret. BIS's copy protection is famed for wasting pirate and cheaters time. Several timed release degradations in functionality take place fooling those who attempt to hack it into thinking they have beaten the system. It is thought to be integeral to the code of the game engine and dispersed through out it. If you consider how enormous ArmA is running to several gigabytes of code you can you can perhaps see the effort involved. At times BIS release updates on a daily basis. It is thought that BIS update and change aspects of the copy and cheat protection continuously, and since BIS have access to any hack produced BIS can always counter it. Thus trying to hack it costs so much time and effort in that any hack has to totaly redone with each update that it is just not worth the effort.

If you buy a copy of ArmA it works properly. As you are doing so I welcome you to the community.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I got it from torrentz. I reckon its a pirated copy

That usually is the case yes...

Oh You found out what FADE is. I consider you buy it instead of Downloading it. FADE is such a beautifull Thing....^^

Hi commandosolo2009

I will ask some one from BIS to have look at the video for you.

Kind regards walker

@ WALKER, much appreciated my man..

Rotfl!

@ anyone else, I got it from torrentz. I reckon its a pirated copy, so, I'll uninstall it, and buy the solid copy one?? this 'FADE' thing does it also happen in the solid copy versions??

Buy, and you won't be disappointed, if you found the perfs OK so far

Man... dont we love FADE? its the best thing ever

Almost as much as the tards who come here trying to figure out why their stolen game doesn't work... :)

IDIOTS! lol

I'm still laughing....

still...

ok

:bounce3:

It was pretty bad of you to pirate the game, and then come to the official forums and ask what was wrong...Unfortunately it usually ends in a ban.

But as you are going to buy the game, maybe you deserve a second chance. Who knows, only the mods will decide that...

So.. First he pirates the game and then he starts whining in the official forums when the copyprotection kicks in. Way to go dude, way to go.