Sign in to follow this  
matt_gold

sometimes i can't scroll around map with mouse

title says it all

sometimes i can't pan/scroll aroung my map using my right mouse button. i need to put the pointer somewhere that makes it turn red, THEN i can right-mouse-button to scroll.

is that normal?

-matt

I had a similar issue in the earlier patches where my map would sometimes continuously scroll down on its own. I had to quit the game to rectify this but later I discovered that for some unknown reason, by clicking 'shift', the problem went away. My "shift" issue is not unique to map scrolling either, nor is it limited to earlier patches (still crops up in 1.05 but doesn't happen on the map anymore). Sometimes, for example, when I'm in optics I can't zoom out. By clicking 'shift', the problem goes away.

It's almost as though the game somehow gets it in its "head" that 'shift' is toggled when clearly it isn't because I don't have a toggle keybind for that key. Strange one and I can't find anyone who has the same problem. It's a long shot but try hitting the shift key when you encounter this problem and see if it helps.

hmmm....I tried hitting shift, but didn't help.

I'm surprised nobody else has had this problem. again, to be totally clear, in my map view, I usually have a red crosshairs, which i can right-mouse-button-hold and drag the map around.

sometimes, on some parts of the screen, it becomes a pointer, and i can't drag anything.

so, i have to move the pointer around till i find a place on the screen that lets me drag, losing valuable seconds.

any input people, pleeeeeeez!!!

For what it's worth I too have an intermittent mouse issue in map. Doesn't seem to be any pattern just randomly works and then doesn't. Resorted to using keys only, but the mouse is definitely preferable. Shift has no effect for me.

HTH

Gen

If you have a command menu opened at the same time as your map, you have to use Ctrl+Mouse Wheel - the wheel alone is by default scrolling through the menu.

Hope this helps.

Either do as Jezuro said or exit the command menus before go map view.

don't worry about it guys, it's just not gonna happen.

I tried everything. simply put, i can drag the map with my curser on some areas, but not others. no command view, just depends on what area of the map my mouse is resting on. at least i know a few others are having the same problem. oh well, I'll just stick to using the arrow keys to navigate the map.

You're using Arma2 1.05?

Are you playing a mission or in the editor?

What mission or island?

What grid and preferably what "item type" do you hover when it kicks in?

You're sure you haven't double clicked and it's expecting you to type on a marker?

Arrow keys to navigate map? Only keys that works for me is the numpad (arrow keys).

Yes, I'm very confused about this bug. Never had it happen to me, and never heard of it before.

Maybe you are trying to drag whilst clicking a house or unit?

You do have a legitimate copy correct? After showing Arma 2 to one of my friends he decided he'd just pirate it instead of paying the 25 bucks on steam (so cheap too!) and got this error just a day later.

Ragingbear: ya I have a legit copy, I even paid a whopping 60$CAN for it in the store.

by the way I mean my number-arrow keys to scroll around, not my arrow keys.

anyhoo, no I am not over any units or anything, just some areas of the screen don't allow me to scroll by dragging the mouse. this is for all maps, all campagins, multi and single player. I can't believe there aren't more people having this problem....

I am running v1.05, on windows 7 64bit.

frustrating.