Sign in to follow this  
ron533

Multiple drives with A2 Question(by Dead3yez)

Hi,

I was trying to follow Dead3eyz instructions on running A2 on multiple hard drives:

(http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6713&d=0)

yet failed...

I keep getting weired textures on load probably because the Addons folder which I moved to another drive wasn't found.

I have two OS, win XP and Win7 64, on separate hard drives,

on both ArmA 2 is installed.

I'm trying to utilize the "Addons" folder from the Win7 installation while playing on the XP

My XP A2 folder is located at : E:\Games\ArmA 2

My Win 7 A2 folder is located at : H:\Games_7\ArmA 2

I have tried to add to the shortcut this parameters:

"E:\Games\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2047 -nosplash -mod=@VopSound_2.1 -mod=H:\Games_7\ArmA 2\CA

No go...

what is the correct method to apply multiple drives rule...??

thanks!!

Try changing the CA bit at the end to whatever the folder is called, if you just copied and pasted it then it should be called 'addons'. :)

Try changing the CA bit at the end to whatever the folder is called, if you just copied and pasted it then it should be called 'addons'. :)

Yea, tried that as well, Still no go...

also tried addons\ca and same result...

:(

Uhh, did you place an addons folder in the folder called CA, and remove the space in 'ArmA 2'

H:\Games_7\ArmA_2\CA\addons\PBOfiles.pbo

-mod=mod1;mod2;H:\Games_7\ArmA_2\CA

It's useful if you have a separate HDD/SSD/Flash drive/etc which is faster than the current one you're using etc. Or even to distribute the load between two HDDs, but I think there are some limitations with this. And, also if you want to move most of the files to a new partition to save space or don't want to re-install or edit the games registry. NOTE: when patching you should move the files back into the original folder.

Edited by Dead3yez

Uhh, did you place an addons folder in the folder called CA, and remove the space in 'ArmA 2'

H:\Games_7\ArmA_2\CA\addons\PBOfiles.pbo

-mod=mod1;mod2;H:\Games_7\ArmA_2\CA

It's useful if you have a separate HDD/SSD/Flash drive/etc which is faster than the current one you're using etc. Or even to distribute the load between two HDDs, but I think there are some limitations with this. And, also if you want to move most of the files to a new partition to save space or don't want to re-install or edit the games registry. NOTE: when patching you should move the files back into the original folder.

Thanks Dead3eyz!

was hoping you'd bump into it...

Well it's working now! thanks!

Had to remove the spaces and put Addons in CA folder

(must check further but currently I see no significant speed improvement, my other HD is a WD Caviar black edition)

by the way, what does the CA stands for?? I see it all the time when joining MP games...

do you have to put any folder you want to work this way in a CA folder??

And another idea...maybe if I already have 2 fully installed A2 game on both hard drives, is there a way to let them work as in true raid mode?

or the maximum extent of this type of setup is like you mentioned in your article?

Cheers!

Ron

Raid isn't worth the hassle,you can't see difference in performance.Your best bet is ssd or ramdrive.