Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

I don't mean to sound stupid but how does someone go about creating a ticket? :o

Pretty sure you just register at Dev-Heaven, then create new topic and be sure to back it with a mission and/or video which clearly demonstrates the problem. Then try to get as many votes as you can to highlight the need for a fix (hint: include a clicky in your sig such as "Leave No Man Behind Bug")

;1580058']More important:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9337

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9338

Less important:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9336

I posted them right now ^_^

Your medic issue is part of the same problem we have moaned about for a long time, AI not responding very well to orders when entering danger/combat mode!

;1580242']Well' date=' I didn't find that medic bug in dev-heaven so I thought to add it...if you can link me that bug, I'll vote it[/quote']

It's not a medic bug in particular, it's the AI not responding very well to orders when in danger/combat mode which they won't leave as long as an enemy position is known. Same happens when you order AI to entering a vehicle then they walk around the vehicle for ages before entering it!

There's no need for tickets on every symptom of this issue, that will only make it more complicated :)

The dev ticket that was made on this issue has expired! Someone mentioned he would create a new, not sure if it's done yet!

I understood but...you know if they're working on that bug? It's really annoying...

I noticed that AI never drags wounded soldiers behind a cover to heal them ò.ò

PS: As medic I mean "healing-npc" ;)

;1580258']I understood but...you know if they're working on that bug? It's really annoying...

I doubt it :(

;1580258']

I noticed that AI never drags wounded soldiers behind a cover to heal them ò.ò

Thats always been that way and personally i can live with it :)

;1580258']

PS: As medic I mean "healing-npc" ;)

Yes i know, you can hardly blame BIS for human played medics being slow :p

I doubt it :(

Thats always been that way and personally i can live with it :)

Yes i know, you can hardly blame BIS for human played medics being slow :p

About the dragging wounded:

I meant that if my AI teammates can't heal me because they're under fire, they should

1-throw smoke grenades (if they have) and then drag me

2-start suppressing the enemy and then drag me

:D

lets just make a ticket saying the auto danger mode needs to be reworked so that AI operatives respond more accurate to our given orders

i have seen a video where the devs explains how easy it is to build custom missions,

and said that when u encountered the enemy to never stay in the same spot.

cause the enemy wil try to counter your position.

but when the AI isnt realy responding to your command they will be countered by that enemy, so it realy breaks tactical gameplay.

infact it makes it impossible to do so

;1580277']About the dragging wounded:

I meant that if my AI teammates can't heal me because they're under fire' date=' they should

1-throw smoke grenades (if they have) and then drag me

2-start suppressing the enemy and then drag me

:D[/quote']

They can heal you it just take ages and with BIS first aid system i have died waiting for help many times :(

For me it's pretty simple, remove the auto danger/combat feature and let the leader give the orders.

think in real life situation when a medic can get u out of enemy range safely he will give u first aid right away, he relie's on his team m8's providing cover....

well right now ingame a medic let u bleed to death....

the priority of the medic needs to be the wounded team m8, not the enemy thats the job for the rest of the team.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

think in real life situation when a medic can get u out of enemy range safely he will give u first aid right away, he relie's on his team m8's providing cover....

well right now ingame a medic let u bleed to death....

the priority of the medic needs to be the wounded team m8, not the enemy thats the job for the rest of the team.

I agree with you: the team covers the medic, the medic heals the wounded

They can drag, it's under the action menu (6). But I agree it would be nice if they did it automatically along with popping smoke.

If I use -maxmem 2047 ArmA 2 won't use more than 2047 gb of RAM...

Did bis applied "largeaddressaware" for ArmA 2 with 1.05 patch?

If yes, if I use maxmem 2047 am I limiting the usable ram for ArmA 2? (I've 4gb of ram)

They can drag, it's under the action menu (6). But I agree it would be nice if they did it automatically along with popping smoke.

Also when your down you can't order AI to drag!

;1580633']If I use -maxmem 2047 ArmA 2 won't use more than 2047 gb of RAM...

Did bis applied "largeaddressaware" for ArmA 2 with 1.05 patch?

If yes' date=' if I use maxmem 2047 am I limiting the usable ram for ArmA 2? (I've 4gb of ram)[/quote']

ArmA 2 is 32bit. It can never use more than 2GB and if you search through the threads of ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 you will find your answers on the -maxmem switch. If I remember correctly it was used because memory "bugs/leaks" initially and depended on the setup of your rig whether you needed it or not.

I'm pretty sure all devs are aware of this and what the most of the community thinks about it by now. It's just that OA takes all their time now so all this crying is waste of time.

Yo dude are you kidding? I play this game, because it's not like a stock ego-shooter, i can devide my team into red and blue, and attack towns from 2 different sides..thats why i play this game (started in june2009)..when i remember right, in one of the last betas of .04 ai was doing good, until somebody had the idea to make your ai go automatically into combat mode.well the idea is very good but it's not working, even today it is not working with full patch 05..so easy thing:

-remove the command line which makes them auto-act,so the code which was added by the dev to make em act by themselves, so they follow our orders again... release beta patch..problem solved..

So you really wanna tell me, me and the rest of the "complaining-bunch" should stop crying because they are busy with OA? Are you serious? The AI is the MAIN part in this game, and it is senseless for me to use em(i only play warfare)..

So you wanna tell me, you go the car-dealer, and buy a car for the full new list price, it has 5 gears, only the first 2 gears are working and you're satisfied?

Well you need to see a doctor my friend :www:

P.S. no insult buddy..

P.S. i simply can't understand why it's so hard to remove the command for the auto-ai-into-combat...the dev should know which thing he added to make them auto, so remove it,,and we stop complaining and you can work only for OA

P.S: Reason for my ultra-high anger-level is i suggested my buddy to buy arma2 because its the best game ever, he calls me and asks if i'm insane, because he bought a game, where he can't use AI...

Edited by [EC]M.O.R

Yes sadly the AI change makes the game unplayable for me anymore. I just can't understand why we have had so many betas since it was changed and it's not been set back to how it was, which seems to be what the majority (who have expressed an opinion) want.

Yes I'm sure it could be better and I hope OA will be better, but at least it was playable before. Now however it's just too frustrating with AI.

P

ArmA 2 is 32bit. It can never use more than 2GB and if you search through the threads of ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 you will find your answers on the -maxmem switch. If I remember correctly it was used because memory "bugs/leaks" initially and depended on the setup of your rig whether you needed it or not.

So they didn't introduce the flag \LARGEADDRESSAWARE and my 4gb of RAM are just unused...cool...

However, I'm starting getting mad: I paid this game, I've it since Jul 2009, it's still full of bugs and performance is still terrible...I think that if BIS won't solve all these problems soon, I won't buy their games anymore...

Yes sadly the AI change makes the game unplayable for me anymore. I just can't understand why we have had so many betas since it was changed and it's not been set back to how it was, which seems to be what the majority (who have expressed an opinion) want.

Yes I'm sure it could be better and I hope OA will be better, but at least it was playable before. Now however it's just too frustrating with AI.

P

I paid for this game and I CLAIM that BIS will solve all those problems which still affect it...if they won't, I'll never buy OA and other BIS-Buggy-Games...

Ok, it's a big game, map is enormous, it's normal there are a lot of bugs but since OFP they have just released bugged games (OFP has been released 9 years ago)...is possible that they didn't learn anything about programming?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Ah cool:

Arma 2 crashed, I couldn't use my PC, then I pushed alt+f4, turned of my PC, restarted it and now

Vista research doesn't work anymore and I've got a lot of problems...BIS, you have just lost a customer. You have programmed a nice shit...this game is crap. I have been turning a blind eye for an year and now this game half-killed my SO..very good job...congratulations...

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

;1581080']So they didn't introduce the flag \LARGEADDRESSAWARE and my 4gb of RAM are just unused...cool...

However' date=' I'm starting getting mad: I paid this game, I've it since Jul 2009, it's still full of bugs and performance is still terrible...I think that if BIS won't solve all these problems soon, I won't buy their games anymore...

I paid for this game and I CLAIM that BIS will solve all those problems which still affect it...if they won't, I'll never buy OA and other BIS-Buggy-Games...

Ok, it's a big game, map is enormous, it's normal there are a lot of bugs but since OFP they have just released bugged games (OFP has been released 9 years ago)...is possible that they didn't learn anything about programming?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Ah cool:

Arma 2 crashed, I couldn't use my PC, then I pushed alt+f4, turned of my PC, restarted it and now

Vista research doesn't work anymore and I've got a lot of problems...BIS, you have just lost a customer. You have programmed a nice shit...this game is crap. I have been turning a blind eye for an year and now this game half-killed my SO..very good job...congratulations...

normally i would say just be patient they'll make it..but 9months after release i only say "........" !!!!

;1581080']So they didn't introduce the flag \LARGEADDRESSAWARE and my 4gb of RAM are just unused...cool...

etc. etc. etc.

Right, go and buy OFP DR then, that doesn't even have support, or such a modder community. Demand perfect for your 40 dollars and come bitching then. How I love people like you not enjoying what is working but instead coming to tell how you are not going to buy OA.

pleeaaase work on the windows dedicated server and memory issues. please make it 64 bit too

why this thing dies @ less than 1 gig with out of memory errors is beyond me but its no doubt in my mind what has held down multiplayer in this game. that alone, crashing servers !