Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

:) yeah some nice things there

(current patch candidate)

[63164] Changed: Removed relics from dynamic building destruction development, including scripting function deleteCollection.

[63126] Improved: AI airplane now aiming at the ground targets using rudder as well.

[63126] Fixed: Some AI airplanes oscillated sideways when flying slow.

[62888] Fixed: Improved helicopter aiming with unguided rockets.

[62868] Fixed: AT/RPG soldiers often missed targets.

[62700] Fixed: Spatial weapon sounds

[62687] Fixed: 3D resolution now maintained correctly when Alt-Tabbing.

[62627] Improved: "Invalid crew" config error no longer exits to desktop.

[62533] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.

[62532] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.

[62492] Fixed: Window size/position was not stored after a change.

I get an error message when I try to join domination servers with Apache added. You cannot join this server as ca.apache something or other has been deleted

good to see more ai fixes coming along.

+1

/kc

Edited by KeyCat

Here's hoping the "AT/RPG soldiers" change included not using AA stuff on ground targets.

We are still at 1.05 version as there is no need to not be compatible in MP so far. Only when we really need to cut the ropes completely due to compatibility issues, version will be raised to 1.06 (for beta or final patch).

Or did anyone get 1.06 yet?

Nah the beta patch goes to 1.05 63826 we can still get into 1.05 vanilla mp games :)

Voice over net fixes! I hope this brings VON to the state it was in Armed Assault after patches :)

[62700] Fixed: Spatial weapon sounds

1 outta 2 sound probs fixed. :) Thanks BIS!

Why is there 1.06 in the Thread's title when we're still at 1.05 version of the game?

Grenades and HE rounds exploding on leaves and twigs still isn't fixed, thanks for providing us new beta patches, but that issue needs to be fixed ASAP because it ruins the game entirely for me and my clan mates.

kthxbai

Er... because these betas are destined to become patch 1.06.

Sarge;1559612']Why is there 1.06 in the Thread's title when we're still at 1.05 version of the game?

It was a false assumption on my part, seeing as we are currently at 1.05 and the betas are for the upcoming version. Of course it should be 1.05.6xxxx, but I'm sure a mod will fix it soon enough. :)

I tested the new aircraft stuff earlier (rudder usage etc.) and it seems to work well.

Strange, when I try to install the latest beta (63826), I get an error message saying the required version is 1.05 while my current version is 1.04. But I am certain I am on 1.05 (I have the new campaign available and the version is numbered properly in the game menu). What am I doing wrong?

Strange, when I try to install the latest beta (63826), I get an error message saying the required version is 1.05 while my current version is 1.04. But I am certain I am on 1.05 (I have the new campaign available and the version is numbered properly in the game menu). What am I doing wrong?

have you still old beta patches installed in your armaII directory?

I also get this message. Any help is much apreciated!

EDIT: Deleting old beta folder fixed it :)

It seems that the included Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta.exe won't just uninstall the beta folder but will also revert some of the 1.05 changes.

Obviously, you can just delete the beta folder, as most people probably do, but some people might think to use the uninstaller if it is included.

It seems that the included Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta.exe won't just uninstall the beta folder but will also revert some of the 1.05 changes.

Obviously, you can just delete the beta folder, as most people probably do, but some people might think to use the uninstaller if it is included.

argh, i wish i had read this few minutes earlier !

I just used the uninstaller...

Well thanks for that new beta! :)

Still there are some great annoyance wit AI (tested in editor, VD 2500m, object details on high)

- AI still keep on firing with M136 and RPG18 at each other or they simply do switch to M136/RPG18 weapon and back to rifle (bug since Armed Assault)

- AI don't or can't target and engage with any of those Mi24 Hinds like they do with AH1Z, AH64D or Ka52 :(

- AI using M203/GP25 still hitting behind the target

- AI still attacking main battle tanks with manpads regardless if there is a enemy helicopter/plane flying around or if there are own units with AT weapons

etc.

Perhaps some changes in weapon/mag configs could increase the AI level of "military professionalism" too or would this break the core FSM scripts? Just a thought...

For some reason, when I try to install the beta patch, I get an error message saying that it can not install because I have version 1.04 installed and not version 1.05. The thing is, I do have 1.05 installed.

Er... because these betas are destined to become patch 1.06.

most likely not, 1.04 betas weren't called 1.05 either.

@MadDogX

thought so;)

Hopefully I made backup of Arma2 folder so I could get back ah64.pbo and missions_ew.pbo that the beta uninstaller has deleted.

Edited by NikoTeen

argh, i wish i had read this few minutes earlier !

I just used the uninstaller...

Yeah, me too. :(

Is there a way to get EW, the new chopper and stuff back without the need to reinstall and repatch the game? Just repatching 1.5 unfortunately doesn't work.