Sign in to follow this  
Redcoalition

How to do a "safe zone"?

At the beginning of my mission, I would like to put a kind of "police siege" around a particular building occupied by enemies, while the player (s) were conducting a raid in the building.

Well, I wonder how I could do to both the police and terrorists do not shoot each other while the terrorists stayed inside the building, even both are in the range of each other. Both Policemen and Terrorists are IA.

Still, I want that the terrorists could shoot at the invading team normally, without any restriction. Is it possible?

Thanks btw.

If you put policemen as civilians then they shouldn't be fighting anyone as far as I know.

A better and more realistic option (which can be done instead or in addition to the first) is to set both sides to never move in one way or another, and handpick their starting locations (by standing there, using getPosASL and then writing that down and putting it in the unit's init line with setPosASL command) so that they don't see eachother.

What about setting the policemen to: setcaptive true

and combatmode neverfire?

this setcaptive true: in a unit's init field will cause that the unit

is captive and thus no threat anymore so noone will fire onto them.

The never fire combatmode is very selfexplaining imho.

Can be made with a waypoint or with the setcombatmode command, using

the right colour (i don't know the colour right now but to find that out shouldn't

be a prob anyway). ;)

~S~ CD

Or how about setting the policemen to have no ammunition? You could also use the disableAI commands to disable their auto targetting / movement features. To make the terrorists not shoot at them you can just setCaptive true to both side, leave the player group as non captive. This should make the terrorists & policemen not shoot at each other while allowing the terrorists to shoot at the players (assuming you mean the invading team is players).